Mossie is a TR Vehicle? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mosquitos, Mauraders, and Prowlers, OH MY!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-28, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Mossie is a TR Vehicle?

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I replied on Twitter, but I'll reply here too.

I've been having a lot of fun watching you guys speculate about this the last couple days, a couple of you got it pretty much dead on:

Each empire has their own unique air fighter in PS2. The Reaver belongs to NC, the Mossy is TR. The VS have a new fighter that we're currently calling the Dyson, although that may change (and no, it's not powered by cyclone technology or a smarty-pants British accent).

Each has slightly different flight mechanics, strengths, weaknesses and capabilities which help to reinforce and round out the empire.

Each of these fighters will serve multiple roles depending on how the player loads out the vehicle, you can configure any of them to be more air-to-air orientated, air-to-ground orientated, etc. You'll be able to change out afterburners to get more speed, or armor to get more durability, countermeasures, radar dampening, etc. We're working on a lot of really cool gameplay here, I think you all will be stoked and I can't wait to share a bit more about them soon! =)
<3

May i suggest that you guys get us a screeny of the dyson asap, and we decide its name?

edit: and damn, it should be powered by british accent! Its engine sound should be "Bloddy hell Bloddy Hell Bloddy Hell"!

edit2: Also, its quite evil of you leaving us alone with our speculation, letting us cook in our own misery!

Last edited by basti; 2011-09-28 at 04:40 PM.
Old 2011-09-28, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SgtMAD
Captain

thanks for the information,Higby.

now if we could get the same sort of response about the driver gunner issue,like what is the thinking and why?

thx again

and if you decide to change the name of the VS craft, can I suggest Electro-Lux?

I think we should stick with the vacuum theme after all,it might be critical to the backstory

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2011-09-28 at 05:21 PM.
Old 2011-09-28, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
kaffis
Contributor
Major

The VS have a new fighter that we're currently calling the Dyson, although that may change (and no, it's not powered by cyclone technology or a smarty-pants British accent).
Because we all know that the TR have the snobbish British accents...
Old 2011-09-28, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

And that confirms countermeasures of some sort. "Radar dampening" sounds promising too.

Schveet!

I'd also like to point out the name may come from the person who proposed the "Dyson Sphere", a huge ball around a star (like our sun). It would use the entire inner surface as living space (many orders of magnitudes more space than earth's surface), at a distance comparable to that of earth from the sun. By entirely enclosing a star, you can capture all its output, giving you a staggering amount of power at your disposal.

So I kinda expect the Dyson to be roundish. Maybe even spherical, though this would depart from the triangles shape theme that VS usually uses.

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2011-09-28 at 05:12 PM.
Old 2011-09-28, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

had to do it.

Old 2011-09-28, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
this is one of those worthless threads.

the mossie will be common pool with cosmetic differences due to empire.

*posted this before Hamma posted above LOL
Worthless?

Cheers for getting back to us Higby, although the naming it after Freeman Dyson isn't really going to work thanks to the more modern Dyson!

Name I would go for: Zenith, fits an aircraft nicely and also fits in with the VS scheme of space nomenclature.
Old 2011-09-28, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I replied on Twitter, but I'll reply here too.

I've been having a lot of fun watching you guys speculate about this the last couple days, a couple of you got it pretty much dead on:

Each empire has their own unique air fighter in PS2. The Reaver belongs to NC, the Mossy is TR. The VS have a new fighter that we're currently calling the Dyson, although that may change (and no, it's not powered by cyclone technology or a smarty-pants British accent).

Each has slightly different flight mechanics, strengths, weaknesses and capabilities which help to reinforce and round out the empire.

Each of these fighters will serve multiple roles depending on how the player loads out the vehicle, you can configure any of them to be more air-to-air orientated, air-to-ground orientated, etc. You'll be able to change out afterburners to get more speed, or armor to get more durability, countermeasures, radar dampening, etc. We're working on a lot of really cool gameplay here, I think you all will be stoked and I can't wait to share a bit more about them soon! =)
Huh. Well I have to admit this one pretty much hit me out of left field. I guess that explains why the Reaver isn't a 2-seater by default. Can't wait to see a Dyson. For those of us less in tune with science, presumably this would be after Freeman Dyson.

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
Unless the Magrider is secretly a transformer and can take off.
I would personally travel to the PSU servers and eat all of my forum posts complaining about the forward mounted cannon.
Old 2011-09-28, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Awesome, this opens up a lot of ideas. Maybe there are no "Common Pool" vehicles. Each empire has it's own unique aircraft, but similar modifications and same overall impact on the game. I'd like to see this used on all vechs
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2011-09-28 at 05:27 PM.
Old 2011-09-28, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Am I to assume that the Dyson will be large and spherical?

Well, I am going to miss my Reaver, but not enough to outweigh the excitement of finally getting an empire specific fighter for the VS! I always had a lot of fun with the Magrider and even the Thresher, but my heart is among the clouds.

The Magrider can hover over water and VS are all about doing things a little different, so begin the baseless speculation on what that will mean for an aircraft!
Old 2011-09-28, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

It will probably look more like this:

Last edited by Crazyduckling; 2011-09-28 at 05:41 PM.
Old 2011-09-28, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Pillow
Corporal

I like the look of the new mossi but what happend to the red tinted cockpit? but plz use a file on the wings they look abit NC
Old 2011-09-28, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Crazyduckling View Post
It will probably look more like this:

Winner
Old 2011-09-28, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Thanks Higby, can I ask when we will see a pic of the Dyson?

This turn of events just reminded me of this comment from a dev from another studio, posted after a very similar situation when new information was released and people immediately asked for more

I love this crowd...
"BEHOLD!! I am the son of God!"
"AWESOME!!!!....Sooooo...is anyone going to do anything about this wine shortage?"
Old 2011-09-28, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

I look forward to no longer being able to tell if I should engage in a dog fight or run away. Please tell me there's a way to easily ID what the aircraft is speced for at range.

Also I...

So I kinda expect the Dyson to be roundish. Maybe even spherical, though this would depart from the triangles shape theme that VS usually uses.
Wait.

WAIT.

...be roundish. Maybe even spherical...
WE'RE GETTING A FLYING SAUCER? HELL YES.
Old 2011-09-28, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
The Magrider can hover over water and VS are all about doing things a little different, so begin the baseless speculation on what that will mean for an aircraft!
Anti-gravity engines for lift, giving it unthinkable levels of maneuverability. And I'm talking backwards flying, missile dodging, wtf was that?!, craaaazy stuff.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion