'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NC Forever!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-03, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Tricky
Contributor
Corporal

Zarparchior, if you ever want to meet on Ish so you can get a hug. Just lemme know.

Are the TR's carrying around a lot of Strikers? You bet your ass we are! But with good reason...

Early after release, every noob on the server was flying a Reaver (specially the VS), we'd go after a base and never make it to it cause the second we came into sight we were almost instantly covered by rockets....it was not good times. So we grabbed our Strikers instead of our AA MAX. Why? Cause our AA MAX cant hit anything thats moving more than 15 kph due to no lock on ability. If your not coming straight after us or are moving, it's simply hard to kill a Reaver but 1 footman can take you out with a Jackhammer even if you unload 2 clips at him. So Strikers it is, effective against anything that isnt on foot.

But it's like this for all Empires. You go against TR's, your going against Strikers and Dual-Cycler MAX's. You go against NC, everyone and their mom has a Jackhammer and a Phoenix. VS swarm with air vehicles and MAX's due to most of their guns sucking. (I feel for you VS, I really do)

I guess what I'm trying to say in this post is that a weapon is only overpowered when everyone your going against has one. But of coarse everyone on that empire is going to use the higher powered weapon cause no one wants to be a gimp.

Last edited by Tricky; 2003-06-03 at 06:03 PM.
Old 2003-06-03, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
TheJingle
Private

Eh , the TR AA max is essentially a flak gun...Its really not hard to hit them with it , and the no lock on also means no lock on message (so they can just afterburn away and avoind getting killed ) . I honestly think ( as i just posted in another thread but will here anyhow ;p) that outside the fact that the pulsars damage drops off alot more than the others at range , the weapons in this game are balanced . the TR MAXes are overpowered and I think they should be toned down some ( but still should be slightly better than others , just like the VS ones are SLIGHTLY better outdoors) . But the game really isnt as unbalanced as some people like to think .
Old 2003-06-03, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
�io
Lieutenant General

I wouldn't say all TR MAXs are overpowered. Buster is fine, i'd say pounder is too but never played much so i dunno and the DC needs to be what it is in theory which is an AV MAX.
Old 2003-06-03, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
TheJingle
Private

Yeah i meant to say the TR ones except AA , I think all the AA maxes are well balanced , and I dont think the DC and pounder are extremely overpowered (they are alot better than nc and vs , but TRs strength is their maxes so i have no problem being a bit stronger , they are more than a bit stronger though) .
Old 2003-06-03, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

wtf are u talking about? to get the pheonix and jackhammer u need 7 cert points, its a BS comparison as u only need 3 certs to blow ANYTHING up in less then 3 shots

4 certs for a jackhammer is fair, its powerful but u need alot to get it
Old 2003-06-03, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

[deleted] sry
Old 2003-06-04, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Knuckles
Now don't get me wrong, Led.

Still struggling at sub 700 here

wow thats all!!! Jeez man im br 15 and am still shy of 250 kills. What br are you...20. I mean seriously what do you do just stay up all day and play ps looking for people to kill. How do you do it i must know!!!
Old 2003-06-04, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

hehe, one of my clan mates (BillahKillah) has well over 1300 kills as far as i know I think he's like BR 15 CR 3 ..not sure though...
Old 2003-06-04, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
�io
Lieutenant General

Well depends on the peeps. A tank driver will obviously have less kills just like a hacker or engy will. Also someone who sticks around for every cap will have less than someone who chases the hotspots looking for action.

It just depends on how you play.
Old 2003-06-04, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Whit all the magriders, vanguards and reavers the NC and VS uses you bet your ass the TR will carry the striker, whitout it we'd get overrun.

Now, this next comment won't be popular, but if you read the ingame descriptions of the DC MAX it says it's designed to be a multipurpose MAX.

I think it mentions something about the same for the GP but don't quote me on that.
Old 2003-06-04, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

The VS have their troop mashers.

By that I mean the Magrider and Thresher (Mostly Magrider)

So easy to kill with them. Even without a gunner (Thresher) or using either gun (Magrider). They are deadly. Fast and hard to avoid as they run you down. Don't even have to be touching them to die...just be within 6' of em and you're toast!
Old 2003-06-04, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Plato
Sergeant

Yeah it's really how you play. I have done a fair amount of squad leader work but I'm normally in the action especially with the new xp system.

Character Name: Solon (markov)
Empire: Terran Republic
Outfit: 3rd Terran Expeditionary Force

Command Rank: 2
Battle Rank: 10

Number of Facilities Hacked: 123
Kills Enemy Total
310 225 N/A 535

Certs:
Standard ExoSuit
Agile ExoSuit
Standard Assault
Reinforced ExoSuit
Medium Assault
Harasser
MAX (Anti-Personnel)
Special Assault
Old 2003-06-04, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Ducimus
Sergeant

If there is any weapon in this game that smells of being overpowered it is the Jackhammer.

The range on it? Irrelevant. Most Infantry battles occur in or around towers and bases... where it counts the most.

The killing power of this weapon, and the ROF is really high. The COF is almost irrelavant.

Now, ive tried the TR chaingun, and last night, i tried the Jackhammer on a newbie character on a different server than the one i normally play on. In short, where i can normally score 1 or 2 kills before dying as a TR with a cycler; with a NC newbie, who i certed straight for the jackhammer, ignoring reinfoced armor, was a literal killing machine. Without exaggeration, i would score 4 or 5 kills before dying. Anyone in my sights, died on the average, in 2 hits, sometimes 3. The ROF, and COF was very controllabe, in a shoot and scoot circle straffing scenario. It was MUCH easier to score kills with that jackhammer in an infantry fight, than it was with a cycler or chaingun.

What prompted me in all of this, is how many times i die, seemingly instantly anytime i turn a corner and see a smurf or a bananna.

SOE, really needs to bring other heavy weapons in line with this, or nerf the jackhammer to be inline with other heavy weapons. All that said, maybe it is balanced. I love my striker. Max units, and reavers arent too much of a problem. On the same note, NC infantry seems to rip us to shreds. The cycler, im my opinion is overrated. Using it properly its effective yes, but its not "All that", not so much as the Jackhammer is.

Knowing what i know now, if i were to come to this game right now with the intent of being infantry, i would have gone NC with heavy weapons, and special weapons. NC AV gun isnt as great as the TR one, but its nothing a good decimator shot can't shore up either.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
�io
Lieutenant General

It's a shotgun, of course it's better than the other HA guns in CQBs that's it's job.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Sputty
Banned

But, it's better than the mini-chaingun at range too. Heh, 50 M or so and the JH is still better than the MCG. Lasher is easy as hell to dodge also.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion