Will This Run on Integrated Graphics? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-28, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sirro
Corporal

Re: Will This Run on Integrated Graphics?

I tend to upgrade every 4 years, it's a good idea to think ahead of time and try to store some cash, this time I held out for about 5.

I hear a lot of people say it's unreasonable but you figure a very good build shouldn't cost more than 1.1k and that comes out to saving 75 cents a day for 4 years.

Building machine isn't about getting top tier, because in most cases you don't gain as much as you'd expect.

My build is (bought everything through NewEgg):

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB $44.00

Gigabyte Z77 board $115 (tbh don't bother with an SLI board, its more money and if your machine really needs more juice, wait for better card not get another one)

E-VGA Superclocked 570 $270

Ivy Bridge i5 3.3ghz(3.7 TB) $205

Rosewill 750W PSU $95.00 (probably overkill but I don't mess with PSUs)

Azza Solano 1000 Full ATX tower $114

So about 850 there, but I didn't need a new monitor or drives so that's why I estimate at 1.1k(stupid hard drive price spike)

I hope this helps someone at least. FYI this machines damn near everything fine, the only two games I experienced slowdown is LA Noire(god that engine is sloppy on pc) and Guild Wars 2, but they said that they are working on it and tbh I only occasionally saw it with everything on high.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

@Sirro

Smart man! I concur. It's best to buy the mid-range stuff of the "new batch". Best bang for your buck. People who buy the bleeding edge need toilet paper to staunch the 'bleeding' they get, more often than not
Old 2012-07-28, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
@Sirro

Smart man! I concur. It's best to buy the mid-range stuff of the "new batch". Best bang for your buck. People who buy the bleeding edge need toilet paper to staunch the 'bleeding' they get, more often than not
I like to go mid as well I also got this PC for about $800 1.5 years ago (Was frugal with sales)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), (Bloomfield) ~5.6GHz OC
Memory: 12288MB RAM 1600hz, 1900hz OC ~ Triple Channel (G-Skill)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
Mobo: Sabertooth x58
Old 2012-07-28, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Personally I like to typically go with last year's best or current mid range.

Now I'm just rocking an asus g53 (DH71 - the good one) for school.
Old 2012-07-28, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

I smart shop for mid range and build my own rig's. I pieced together my current for less than $800.00 shopping at a few different places.

Runs every game I have tried or interested in on high to my liking. I do not need the most newest (fad or elite) stuff as it's way overpriced until all the hype goes down.

For example guy had dual 69502gb's running SLI but he had to now get the new gtx680's etc because he has to have the E-peen big so he sold me one of the 6950 for $120 bucks and it was less than 3 months old/usage.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Integrated graphics can mean many things, especially with laptops. But Intel graphics are not typically meant for rendering.

Old 2012-07-28, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Symmenix
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Patflute View Post
Before you troll me read below please.

I have an i5-3450 and 8gb of ram, but I won't be getting the graphics until around September. I would really want to play Planetside 2 before then. I have a BETA key and if I don't get into closed BETA, I would want to play in open.

So do you think it will okay on Intel HD 2500? My monitor at the moment i. 1154x864/1280x1024. I'm expecting low settings.

I would like to point out that I can run TF2 on high with no AA at 35-90 fps.

Oh and hi
I run tf2 at 120-180 fps on a 4 year old card.. so..
*edit at Max filter and 4x AA

Last edited by Symmenix; 2012-07-28 at 09:41 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

I think it would be silly of SOE to make the game "Free to Play" and then go ahead and not put support in for, at the very least, the Intel/AMD APU video card solutions. The vast majority of people with computers will have something like these, at least to start out with. It would make sense to give them a setting like, "Looks like hell, but the framerate will be decent. Give the game a whirl, you can upgrade your video solution later!". Perhaps that's a bit wordy for an drop down list option, but you get the picture.

I'm all for having a setting that replaces all the character models, weapons, and vehicles literally with the Planetside ones. Not only would that be helpful for some people, it could really be a cool selling feature - enable "Retro Gaming Mode"!
Old 2012-07-28, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
QFAN
Private

IF they have a low graphic setting THEN:
PC's with powerful CPU and integrated graphics can run this game

Even if the graphics look worse than PS1 I can still enjoy it when I'm with my laptop away from home.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Hamma
PSU Admin

I highly doubt this game will run on integrated graphics. But anything is possible I guess?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-28, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Rockstone
Private

What I really want to know is: will my Pentium 3 from 1999 sitting in the corner of my room run Planetside 2?

/Sort of a troll
Old 2012-07-28, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Even if you can launch the game I doubt it will be playable. The HD 4000 from Intel is a step in the right direction, but it still has a long way to go. Only IGPU I would attempt this with is the Trinity aka A10-4600M with the 7660G I think it is.
Old 2012-07-29, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Carnage
Sergeant

I did some research on this, and I'm now thinking that it might be possible to play PS2 on the CPU alone... I was looking at some benchmarks of core graphics and came up with this, apparently they can play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at 1920x1080 with 10fps on this CPU...

they also got 55 FPS on a 640x480 resolution with COD:MW

So OP I would now actually give you a good chance at playing PS2 until you get a real card... it may be possible...

Last edited by Carnage; 2012-07-29 at 01:10 AM.
Old 2012-07-29, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

I have the core i5 2500K here with the integrated graphic. I have 8 gigs of DDR3 RAM, @1333 MHz, a Samsung 1TB hard drive, and I use a H67 motherboard. So nothing fancy.

Thumb rule for playing on a rig like that, that you must forget high resulotions. You set everything to 1366*768 or lower. You scale down shadows to minimum or none, get rid of most of the particles and start tweaking with this.

On the other hand I can use decent textures and maybe even models in most of the games. My CPU is robust enough to handle that.

I think that PS2 will run on this config, but I will be screwed in dense areas. So time to go flying gals or sniping with an infil, so I don't get too close to the grinder. There you need every FPS - and you don't have too much FPS to waste with these setups.

Long story short. You should be able to play some aspects of the game, but you can't have the full spectrum without a solid mid range graphic card - and I mean a GTX550ti or a HD6790, maybe HD6850 and higher. (But before running to your hardware vendor, make sure you understand how AMD cards come in the hierarcy... a 7450 wont beat a 6850 just because seven-thousand is larger than six-thousand. The key is the second digit, make sure that it is at least an 8 to hava a card you can rely on while gaming. This tip may be obvious for many, may help for others without a clue.)
Old 2012-07-29, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Patflute
Private

Guess I'll try it and show everyone the results. The game better not be over like 6gb.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion