Will This Run on Integrated Graphics? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: as seen on TV.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-27, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

Re: Will This Run on Integrated Graphics?

Originally Posted by Patflute View Post
Before you troll me read below please.

I have an i5-3450 and 8gb of ram, but I won't be getting the graphics until around September. I would really want to play Planetside 2 before then. I have a BETA key and if I don't get into closed BETA, I would want to play in open.

So do you think it will okay on Intel HD 2500? My monitor at the moment is 1154x864/1280x1024. I'm expecting low settings.

I would like to point out that I can run TF2 on high with no AA at 35-90 fps.

Oh and hi
you have a decent processor but you need to get a card... BIG TIME, go buy a decent card and slap it in your rig
Old 2012-07-27, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Patflute
Private

Originally Posted by Braveliltoaster View Post
you have a decent processor but you need to get a card... BIG TIME, go buy a decent card and slap it in your rig
Yep.
Old 2012-07-27, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

No. Pick up a 550ti if youre strapped for cash, theyre about $130 to $150, and looking at videos and seeing as it runs BF3 on ultra with a few tweaks (af/vs off ssao), you can expect that to run it on high (assuming ultra is the highest) or perhaps even ultra with a few tweaks (AF 2xx or off, vsync off, 1900x (or lower) resolution as opposed to the 2000x resolution they use at the shows.

No sources for my info by the way haha just generalizations based on experience . . .
Old 2012-07-27, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

@JawsOfLife

Thanks for posting that video card comparison chart! I've been looking for something clean and concise like that!
Old 2012-07-28, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Insanekanifer
Private

You also need to realize in BF3 you only had to render less then 100 people... PS2 needs to be able to render over a thousand... that means video memory and "shared" memory that the integrated cards use just won't cut it.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Xeller
Corporal

Gentlemen, I present to you the holy grail of video card buying guides...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html

Look at the cards in the fifth and sixth tier, those will be in your price range.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Arkanor
Private

Originally Posted by Minigun View Post
I'll go off of previous experience, when PS1 came out I ran it on integrated graphics (I was 12 did not know any better). And that experience consisted of lowest of the low settings with a view distance of 20meters and averaging 2-6fps. Loading new continents would take 10 minutes as well.

Probably not a good idea.

Edit: To all of those poking fun i'm sure there was a time when you didn't know a damn thing about a computer except where the power button was.
Integrated have come a long way, the new i3/i5 sets are decent and are comparable to a low range card.

Before that they were pretty awful, my laptop has a GMA945 (one of the last ones before the X3000+ series), it won't run minecraft at more than 8fps in windowed mode.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I'm waiting for the Geforce GTX660. I might get a previous gen depending on the price. Maybe a 560ti or 6950. Pretty a card under $200.
If I were you I would defiantly wait for the 660 card I hear it is getting released some time in August. It will cost a bit more but it will easily be worth it over for example the 560 card.

I am currently running on a GTX 460 card but are also waiting for the 660 since it my opinion will hold longer than a 560 card.

Just my opinion though.

Also just ignore the a-holes in this thread.

On your original question it is very possible that you might be able to run PS2 with your current setup, but it probably won't be a very pleaseant expierence.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-07-28, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
@JawsOfLife

Thanks for posting that video card comparison chart! I've been looking for something clean and concise like that!
No problem! I know integrated graphics are in this weird state where very few people know how they really preform, which is why I attached the chart and the benchmarks. I've reference that so many times it's crazy.

Originally Posted by Xeller View Post
Gentlemen, I present to you the holy grail of video card buying guides...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html

Look at the cards in the fifth and sixth tier, those will be in your price range.
I already posted that like 5 or 6 posts ago Very useful, isn't it?
Old 2012-07-28, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

bottom line .....NOPE!!!
Old 2012-07-28, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
cryosin
Master Sergeant

I have no idea, but I wouldn't give up hope.

Before I got my ATI 7770, I was using the i5's intergrated GPU to play Diablo 3. Ran pretty solid at 40-50 FPS w/ everything on low.

Was fairly decent for an on-die integrated chip.
Old 2012-07-28, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Ivam Akorahil
Sergeant

Before you troll me read below please.

I have an i5-3450 and 8gb of ram, but I won't be getting the graphics until around September. I would really want to play Planetside 2 before then. I have a BETA key and if I don't get into closed BETA, I would want to play in open.

So do you think it will okay on Intel HD 2500? My monitor at the moment is 1154x864/1280x1024. I'm expecting low settings.

I would like to point out that I can run TF2 on high with no AA at 35-90 fps.

Oh and hi
no iam pretty sure you cannot run it on integrated, TF2 is something different, namely it (from a grafical detail and complexity point of view) looks shit. Your integrated gfx chip wouldnt be able to handle most of the shaders, nor any advanced directX.

If i had to guess i would say it should crash to desktop when it tries to render the game engine.
Old 2012-07-28, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Pella
Captain

If you have little money buy a 460gtx and OC it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 2012-07-28, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Patflute
Private

Originally Posted by Katanauk View Post
No. Pick up a 550ti if youre strapped for cash, theyre about $130 to $150, and looking at videos and seeing as it runs BF3 on ultra with a few tweaks (af/vs off ssao), you can expect that to run it on high (assuming ultra is the highest) or perhaps even ultra with a few tweaks (AF 2xx or off, vsync off, 1900x (or lower) resolution as opposed to the 2000x resolution they use at the shows.

No sources for my info by the way haha just generalizations based on experience . . .
Or I could go with that I was planning which is way better than the 550ti: 660, 560, 560ti, 6870, 6950.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Renamon
Private

Hey, just registered because I'm in the same boat as you.

I have an Intel HD 3000 integrated card, but an i5 processor clocked at 2.8 ghz, with 8 GBs of RAM.

As a result? I can run most games that are 1-2 years old on high or near high settings, and most modern day games at around medium.

I myself am not worried at all about running PS2 - you learn how to make due with things, like turning Textures on High and everything else on low. It won't run beautifully while looking gorgeous like many people, but it's going to run just fine. Plus, it looks to be a more CPU oriented game, which is going to be no problem. My friends are always so amazed that my laptop can run shit so well, considering its not even a gaming oriented one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion