Sunderer - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mmm...Pudding.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-04, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Gugabalog
Major

Re: Sunderer

Originally Posted by Reaction View Post
i don't care either way but I suggest you research it more because what you wrote is incorrect. Since you want to be an ass about it.
How was I an ass? People fixated on a technical error and not on the subject of discussion.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
I always thought it was called the bang bus because anyone who gets inside gets F'd.
Pretty much, it was a rolling tomb.

Of course it got better in PS1, but most people still prefer a galaxy for their transport -> deployment needs.

The sunderer in PS2 will have to be THE most heavily armored beast in the field for it to be a better choice over the galaxy at SOMETHING.

Of course, now that we can drive vehicles in structures, unlike the galaxy, it can deploy a squad inside a tower/base hangar, and I think even deploy a smoke screen(? Not sure) to cover the disembarking infantry. Not that the plethora of mounted armaments weren't already enough of a discouragement to the defense sticking around.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Gugabalog
Major

I don't think 2 CROWS style machineguns are a significant threat to a cohesize squad or 2 (10-20 players) Smoke screen would definitely make sense/be good for it though.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
Pretty much, it was a rolling tomb.

Of course it got better in PS1, but most people still prefer a galaxy for their transport -> deployment needs.

The sunderer in PS2 will have to be THE most heavily armored beast in the field for it to be a better choice over the galaxy at SOMETHING.

Of course, now that we can drive vehicles in structures, unlike the galaxy, it can deploy a squad inside a tower/base hangar, and I think even deploy a smoke screen(? Not sure) to cover the disembarking infantry. Not that the plethora of mounted armaments weren't already enough of a discouragement to the defense sticking around.
Deploying 8 troops and 2 MAX suits made it dangerous enough. PS1 didn't have the pop levels for creative thinking to shape the battlefield though, they pretty much used BB to assault the front or back door and nothing else. The battles were fairly static and repetitive because of world design and lack of interest in the game itself. Hoping PS2 changes these things drastically.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
RovingDeath
Sergeant

Hopefully the 'Sundy has softer suspension than the MRAP. IEDs are not the primary reason for wearing your helmet in there =P
Old 2012-08-04, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
JesNC
Master Sergeant

It does have a smokescreen ability, as well as different weapon options (I've seen at least 2: HMG and GL).

Also, it features more hp than a tank and the ability to mount a vehicle repair/rearm module.

It's a heavy APC/linebreaker and should be used as such. Overwhelming firepower isn't the point of this vehicle, it is to get people somewhere and give them the ability to stay there for an extended amount of time.

More discussion on the sunderer here

Last edited by JesNC; 2012-08-04 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
It does have a smokescreen ability, as well as different weapon options (I've seen at least 2: HMG and GL).

Also, it features more hp than a tank and the ability to mount a vehicle repair/rearm module.

It's a heavy APC/linebreaker and should be used as such. Overwhelming firepower isn't the point of this vehicle, it is to get people somewhere and give them the ability to stay there for an extended amount of time.
Nice so it will have uses on defense as well as offense. And possibly ressuply position in conjunction with a Galaxy spawn point, though a Lodestar might be able to produce vehicles in the field and allow for repair/rearm that the old Lodestar had.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Gugabalog
Major

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post

Exactly. So many keep saying it will be able to supress forces inside bays. It may contribute, but suppress a bunch of zerg? I doubt it.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
Exactly. So many keep saying it will be able to supress forces inside bays. It may contribute, but suppress a bunch of zerg? I doubt it.
Grenade Launchers would suppress pretty well.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Gugabalog
Major

Possibly.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
You mentioned the sunderer as part of a defense. I really dont see the sundy being very capable in support of a base defense. Beta will tell but being part of a static defense kind of cripples all the best things a sunderer can do.
On the defensive front, It can repair any defensive vehicles, and I think resupply them. If it resupplies troops too that would be even better, as they can stay on the front line of defense without having to keep going back for ammo.

Gugabalog, have you seen the mana turret in action? One of those could put a noticeable dent in a zerg. The sundie will have at least 2 probably larger turrets, and much more health. It will be excellent at slowing/stopping a foot zerg. Especially with more than 1.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Gugabalog
Major

Now that you put it that way, it's like having a rolling piece of cover+supply terminal defended by 2 engineer turrets without vunerable gunners.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

Well as I said, we don't know if it resupplies the troops, or if it repairs MAXes but even if it doesn't it's still a very useful defensive tool. Get a bunch of those, and you have an impromptu wall that heals itself (I believe they confirmed that sundies can heal each other)
Old 2012-08-04, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Gugabalog
Major

It's already been confirmed to be a resupply point.

I hadn't heard the healing bit...neato...

Anyone getting visions of old timey cowboys and indians scenes with the impromptu wagon forts being replaced by sunderer forts?

Last edited by Gugabalog; 2012-08-04 at 01:01 PM.
Old 2012-08-04, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

Unless someone's been spiking my food, I'm pretty sure that they said Sundies were going to heal vehicles. No idea if that includes MAX suits though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion