ProSiebenSat.1 - PS1 and EU - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This space for rent.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-04-29, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
relicuk
Private

ProSiebenSat.1 - PS1 and EU

Looks like any EU play who has the all access pass will possibly lose PS1 access unless you pay all access on ProSiebenSat.1 and pay for PS1 access on SOE from reading the latest email from SOE about people who play some of the other games from SOE.

Dear Heroes and Villains,

An exciting time in SOE history has arrived and we are very pleased to be celebrating it with you, some of the most passionate DC Universe Online fans! As many of you know, SOE has partnered with ProSiebenSat.1 Games to provide and market eight of its games to players in Europe, including EverQuest® II, DC Universe™ Online, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, Magic: The Gathering - Tactics, and PoxNora®, as well as the upcoming PlanetSide® 2 and the next game in the EverQuest® franchise.

Specifically, the above mentioned SOE games will be made available through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service in more than 40 European territories, including Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United Kingdom. Other countries may be added at a later date.

Under this new partnership with SOE, ProSiebenSat.1 Games will lead the effort to further enhance the presence of these SOE games in the European market. Expect more players and more focused attention on international players!

The transition process will begin soon with DC Universe Online being the first game migrated to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service. Within the next 30 to 60 days we will begin the process of transitioning DC Universe Online customers in the above mentioned European countries to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service.

Once the transition takes place, DC Universe Online players in the above mentioned European countries will need to have or create a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account in order to play DC Universe Online. European players who want to transfer their existing SOE account and character data will need to link their SOE account with their ProSiebenSat.1 account. We will be sending you another email with specific instructions as soon as the migration preparations are ready.

Transitioned players who have pre-paid, non-recurring SOE subscriptions will automatically have their subscriptions transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so they can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account. For transitioned players who have a pre-paid, recurring SOE subscription, their remaining subscription time will also be transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games; however, the subscription will not renew at the end of the current billing cycle. Once the billing cycle ends, those players will be able to re-subscribe through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service in order to continue enjoying the benefits of a similar membership.

Again, we are very grateful to have such a diverse and passionate community, and want to assure you that SOE will continue expanding the DC Universe Online world. This email is to notify you that the migration of DC Universe Online is close. Please be on the lookout for our next communication which will explain in detail how to transfer your DC Universe Online account to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service.

Sincerely,
Sony Online Entertainment& ProSiebenSat.1 Games
Also seen some posts that ProSiebenSat.1 will be charging more for all access to games than US players but I have not yet seen facts on this.

Alot of this seems to have gone under the radar as everyone was blowing up about the region lock stuff.... It is going to get more interesting when the truth starts to be forced upon us all.
Old 2012-04-29, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: ProSiebenSat.1 - PS1 and EU

At this point I'm more curious on how Station Cash will convert to Pro7 currency and whether the prices at Pro7 and SOE cash shop in terms of Planetside 2 will be 1:1

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-04-29, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vash02
Major

If you read the list of games, PS1 is not included in the deal.
Old 2012-04-29, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
relicuk
Private

Vash,

I know PS1 is not part of the ProSiebenSat.1 deal but it is part of the all access deal that I pay for so when my account is moved I will have to pay for all access on ProSiebenSat.1 and pay on SOE to play PS1

I would like to know more about how the PS2 shop will be and if ProSiebenSat and SOE stuff in there will cost the same or will the EU players be forced to pay more (for in game stuff).
Old 2012-04-29, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vash02
Major

from the FAQ
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=516733
All Access Questions:

Will ProSiebenSat.1 Games continue the All Access plan or provide a similar program?
ProSiebenSat.1 Games will provide a similar plan for the SOE games. More details will be disclosed as the SOE games are rolled out by ProSiebenSat.1 Games in Europe.

Can European players still purchase an All Access plan from SOE?
European customers will no longer be able to purchase new SOE All Access subscriptions beginning March 29, 2012. European customers with existing All Access accounts in good standing will be able to continue playing the All Access games until ProSiebenSat.1 Games begins to provide its multi-game plan. We will share more details as available.

How and when will SOE inform the players about each game migration to ProSiebenSat.1 Games?
Existing customers will be notified by email 30 days prior to the migration.

Last edited by Vash02; 2012-04-29 at 02:21 PM.
Old 2012-04-29, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
relicuk
Private

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
My point is, I will have to pay for PS1 and also once the other games I play move over to ProSiebenSat.1 I would have to pay again on there for them as an all access, where currently I get everything for 1 price.
Old 2012-04-29, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by relicuk View Post
My point is, I will have to pay for PS1 and also once the other games I play move over to ProSiebenSat.1 I would have to pay again on there for them as an all access, where currently I get everything for 1 price.
You'll have to ask the Proseiben manager who came on the forums for the FAQ
http://www.planetside-universe.com/member.php?u=16634

He hasnt logged in for a while though.
Here's his twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/Pbrolly
Old 2012-04-29, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

If you have a station pass right now, it'll still be valid until pro7 makes its own all access pass, which from the looks of it won't be for quite a while, probably not till after ps2 comes out.
Old 2012-04-30, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kran De Loy
Captain

Was browsing the PSU and PSS1 title caught my eye.

Yeah, it looks like PS1 is not included in the package that PSS1 is getting from SOE. Also that Euro players wont be 'allowed' to continue to use SOE directly. This is probably be done by scanning where you're credit card is from and/or scanning IP location.

So yeah, try to get that PSS1 dude, Pbrolly to comment on it post haste.

Another thought, this may mean that SOE could be planning on discontinuing PS1 entirely once PS2 goes live. I mean it's already been squeezed down to one server for the longest time and the only people that play it at all at the people that either have a lot of nostalgia for it or people that have felt that massive scale combat high before and need a regular fix of it in an environment where there is no other option except PS1.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-30 at 01:21 AM.
Old 2012-04-30, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Another thought, this may mean that SOE could be planning on discontinuing PS1 entirely once PS2 goes live. I mean it's already been squeezed down to one server for the longest time and the only people that play it at all at the people that either have a lot of nostalgia for it or people that have felt that massive scale combat high before and need a regular fix of it in an environment where there is no other option except PS1.
I personally think this is obvious that they are shutting down PS1 as PS2 goes live.

I think the chance for that NOT to happen are extremely slim.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-04-30, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I personally think this is obvious that they are shutting down PS1 as PS2 goes live.

I think the chance for that NOT to happen are extremely slim.
It is a certainty. There is no reason to believe PS1 will survive the release of PS2.

Old 2012-04-30, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
It is a certainty. There is no reason to believe PS1 will survive the release of PS2.
PS1 already is pretty much dead, the server move to the West coast killed it finally.

It will shut down with, or soon after, the launch of PS2.
Old 2012-05-01, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kran De Loy
Captain

So the whole point of OP worrying about paying for PS1 sub on top of All Access pass to PSS1 is entirely moot.

There, that's settled then.
Old 2012-05-01, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
relicuk
Private

but PS1 is not shutting down yet and so will be an issue as ProSiebenSat.1 start migrations soon. almost time for EU players to be screwed.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kran De Loy
Captain

This is whole post is purely my own speculation, but I doubt that there will be a gap between PS1 and PS2 for anything more than a month, 3 tops.

Back in the beginning of March at GDC Higby said in something like three different interviews that they were expecting betas to be up in the next couple of months.

Since then he's changed it to' few' in a couple other interviews tho. SO I'm guessing that beta will be open this summer or fall by the latest and technically live before the end of the year. By technically live I mean like how Tribes Ascend was still in open beta for the something like 1 or 2 months before it finally went officially live. Xp and gold earned/spent over that time frame was kept for everyone that played the beta. (spent points were refunded in a wipe, otherwise everyone kept the total that had accrued while in beta.)

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-05-02 at 12:02 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion