Okay, this EVE game thingy... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Im not a whore! Ive never even had sex!?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion

Old 2005-04-26, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
They are good at hiding Battleships...that has to be useful.
Haha... they know how to mine pretty good too. Give them credit for that
Old 2005-04-26, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

When I was taking Razor's Kiss on my Crazy Cruise through 0.0 (I usually operate in pirate space 0.1-0.4) I saw more than a few Xetic BSes run from me, they did try to catch me with a couple ceptors tho, since those only cost a few million.

All the Alliances gave me some fun that day, but the best ones were running two Curse Alliance blockades and a Stain Alliance blockade and being chased for 16 jumps by a Crusader

Old 2005-04-26, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
xmodum
Colonel

Originally Posted by Everay
trust me, it aint as good as you think, there is more to this game than being in a alliance and having alot of skill points and being in a war, if you expect to fight, and kill, and be the victor of the day, you need unit cohesion, and our alliance just dont got it do the degree our foe does.
I know this, but it still does'nt mean it didn't suck mining for someone else (I wasn't even mining that last week for myself) while hearing about someone having a little action, hell, I could have taken just fighting the Terrorists in Otalioto, but I was like 18 jumps away, and I only had a mining barge + Badger MK2 with me and absolutley no money.....

I felt kinda bored after being able to take on a 4/10 place, forgot what they were called, with a Caracal by myself and make around 2 mill while have fun doing it...That's better then mining.
Old 2007-09-10, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Decibel
Private

Re: Okay, this EVE game thingy...

yes - thought this post is a bit outdated.
quit your account. stop paying them monthly to log in and click train, then log out.
this game just seems pointless to me, unless you were part of the initial cadre that started the game.
at this point youll never catch up to the rest of those players.
just my two cents.
- Decibel
Old 2007-09-10, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Your right, you will never, ever, catch up. However your completely wrong in it's implications.

So what if you don't catch up in Skill point terms. You can only use so many of those SP in any particular situation. Yes older players are far more versatile but that often means little in actual confrontation. It far more often comes down to the more organized gang, the better plan and properly fitted ships. Remember it takes a fraction of the time to get a lvl4 skill than a lvl 5, and that puts you withing 2%-5% of the maximum.

I started 2 years after the game began. I was very competitive within a specialization(interceptors) in less than 6 months.
Now I'm about as skilled as anyone gets in a particular race, except for capital ships and some ridiculous level 5 skills, but instead of doing those I've cross trained to other races.

If I could, I'd actually pair down my skill points, I don't use a number of my skills totaling to a few million SP. I'd save a lot of money when I get podded.

I started an alt this summer in july. I'm just about into tech 2 mining barges already. As it stands, mining ice with corp mates(tech 1 retriever) I make a assload of isk on a noobtard of a character.

The key to this game is to make friends and realize that the big stuff takes time. With a good corp to help you out your already highly competitive within a couple months.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2007-09-11, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Rbstr is pretty much right...I've done plenty of 'rerolling' and have never really felt like I was behind...I sure missed the SP, but it was mere time to get it back.

Old 2007-09-30, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
cheeba
Private

Misc Info

Rbstr is absolutly correct. You will never catch up in Eve. But thats not the point. If you specialize in something you will catch up in that department. People make this game to complicated and try to do everything. Thats not the point.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion