My Kid is ruining my K/D! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Kiss ass to the admins and get your quote posted today!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-16, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

My Kid is ruining my K/D!

So, I keep on checking my K/D and wondering why it's never really improving. Most sessions I have at least a 2:1 ratio, yet my over all K/D is like 1.3 or something. I let my son make his own character(he is 8) just to fart around with. So I'm sitting in the kitchen and I think he is playing his TR character. Then he comes in and says "Dad, how do I switch to rockets when I fly?" I tell him he can't because his character doesn't have it. He says, "well...I'm playing on WarChimp." I run out to check and the little bastard has a 1:10 K/D! He says he likes to play my character because it has cooler stuff.

I know, it's just stats, who cares, but I like to try and keep an accurate track of how I'm doing. Kept wondering why it seemed like no matter how good I was going it wouldn't budge. Guess he just wants to play like his pop, lol.
Old 2012-12-16, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Re: My Kid is ruining my K/D!

SOE has said they will make your unlocks account wide (if his char is on the same account) this will help you out. No ETA yet though.

I find my K goes south when I play engineer.
Old 2012-12-16, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Galron View Post
SOE has said they will make your unlocks account wide (if his char is on the same account) this will help you out. No ETA yet though.

I find my K goes south when I play engineer.
Yeah, he keeps asking why I won't buy him things on his character and I keep telling him to wait a little while. That and he likes to delete and remake his character all the time. I just didn't realize he had been logging on my character to use all the fun toys, though I guess it makes sense.
Old 2012-12-16, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by WarChimp130 View Post
Yeah, he keeps asking why I won't buy him things on his character and I keep telling him to wait a little while. That and he likes to delete and remake his character all the time. I just didn't realize he had been logging on my character to use all the fun toys, though I guess it makes sense.
SOE is making purchase account wide. No idea if its live yet though.
Old 2012-12-16, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

My daughter is 4. She saw me playing PS2 (though I try not to let her catch me doing anything violent) and really wanted to play.

So I taught her that the blue bubble is the safe place the bad guys can't get her and that W is for Walk and makes my guy walk. I showed her all the classes and she wanted to be the "fixer guy" (thanks Bob The Builder) so she spent an hour or so walking around the warpgate fixing tanks and such.

Obviously she has a hard time figuring out what is damaged and what isn't (though I taught her to go straight for anything that is smoking) and she gets stuck on stuff a lot (jumping while moving forward eludes her), and of course Electrofreak got run over a lot ("Daddy why do the trucks keep smushing me, I'm trying to fix them?!") but she had a lot of fun, and I got a few hundred XP out of the deal.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-12-16, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
"Daddy why do the trucks keep smushing me, I'm trying to fix them?!"
Sometimes I think the same thing......
Old 2012-12-17, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
Sometimes I think the same thing......
"If you can't see them in their mirrors, they can't see you....."

Oh... there are no mirrors on the vehicles...Hmm...
Old 2012-12-16, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Whiteagle
Major

My daughter is 4. She saw me playing PS2 (though I try not to let her catch me doing anything violent) and really wanted to play.

So I taught her that the blue bubble is the safe place the bad guys can't get her and that W is for Walk and makes my guy walk. I showed her all the classes and she wanted to be the "fixer guy" (thanks Bob The Builder) so she spent an hour or so walking around the warpgate fixing tanks and such.

Obviously she has a hard time figuring out what is damaged and what isn't (though I taught her to go straight for anything that is smoking) and she gets stuck on stuff a lot (jumping while moving forward eludes her), and of course Electrofreak got run over a lot ("Daddy why do the trucks keep smushing me, I'm trying to fix them?!") but she had a lot of fun, and I got a few hundred XP out of the deal.

Ok, requsting it now, we need a comic of a four year old girl in NC-garb running around the Warpgate with a Glue-gun!
Old 2012-12-17, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Ok, requsting it now, we need a comic of a four year old girl in NC-garb running around the Warpgate with a Glue-gun!
Lol, I'm just trying to figure out how else I can put her to work earning me certs while I'm at the office. Hell, all I need to do is get her into an HE tank and tell her to click on the red triangles, and I'm willing to bet she'd hold a > 1:1 K/D ratio!

But yeah, NC on Mattherson, if you ran over Electrofreak in the NC warpgate on Esamir a few days back, you ran over a 4-year old girl. I hope you feel good about yourself.

Seriously though, she was really distressed about it the first time. "Ohhh nooo Daddy he's dead! He got smushed! Ohhh nooooo!" Then I showed her how she can click the big green button and he comes back. She was amazed.

Oh and tonight when I tucked her in to bed, she told me that in the morning she was going to eat healthy food so she could grow up big and strong like the blue guy with the really big armor. Awww, she wants to be a MAX suit operator when she grows up, that's my girl!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2012-12-17 at 12:21 AM.
Old 2012-12-18, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Suitepee
Corporal

Oh and tonight when I tucked her in to bed, she told me that in the morning she was going to eat healthy food so she could grow up big and strong like the blue guy with the really big armor. Awww, she wants to be a MAX suit operator when she grows up, that's my girl!
Considering how piss easy it is for a NC MAX to kill infantry with double (not even that really) shotguns, this may not be out of the question for your child.

"You just got killed by a 4-year old MAX operator!"
Old 2012-12-23, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

That... is probably the most adorable thing I've read in a while.

Last edited by MCYRook; 2012-12-23 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Typo - "n" key needs a slappin'.
Old 2012-12-16, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rolfski
Major

The most useless stat in the game, K/D ratio (aka, how good are you at NOT playing the objective or as a team) now even torns families apart. Sad that this game has become this far.
Old 2012-12-16, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Fortress
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
The most useless stat in the game, K/D ratio (aka, how good are you at NOT playing the objective or as a team) now even torns families apart. Sad that this game has become this far.
It's a cute story, calm down.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Fortress View Post
It's a cute story, calm down.
Don't worry, it was sarcasm
Old 2012-12-16, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nolerhn
Corporal

I wouldn't worry about your K/D ration for real man. Just last night there was a major stalemate at a base, I don't remember the name of it, started with a P though. I'm TR and we were trying to conquer it, seemed like it was about 20 minutes or so that we couldn't make it into the control room without getting slaughtered. Then me a friend and decided to bust in with some MAXes at the same time. We both died of course, but we took people with us, and at the same time scattered some VS players that were defending. Shortly after the TR took that control point.

I'd like to think it was because of two people that charged in and scattered the defense enough that it allowed the TR to take over the control point.

The game isn't all about killing if you care about objective stuff. Sometimes even the smallest amount of teamwork can change the tide of a stalemate. [/U][/I] Sometimes you just gotta do what's good for the team.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion