Marauder, Thresher & Enforcer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Staying on the scene, like a sex machine, since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-09, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Marauder, Thresher & Enforcer

Hey guys,

Back in PS1, even though I played VS I used to love the TR Marauder since the other 2 empire specific vehicles didn't appeal to me much. The possibility to have 3 people in the vehicle was one of the main selling points to me.

Now, with the Harasser in PS2 and the ability to have 3 people in it I am kinda wondering if we would ever see a reincarnation of the 3 empire specific vehicles.

Would there even be a place for them here now that the Harasser is such a versatile vehicle already. What role would they be able to serve and would you like to see them come back as well?

PS: If you like to see more PS1 vehicles then look no further. http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicles_in_PlanetSide

All your base are belong to us... eventually.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Re: Marauder, Thresher & Enforcer

Pretty sure they've talked about adding more ES ground vehicles at some point, although I'm not certain if they mean buggies or something else. There was also some concept art for a VS vehicle which looked very much like a Thresher and seemed to fit with the current buggy layout (rumble seat, etc.)

It is hard to see what role ES buggies would serve though, I agree. Since the Harasser is super-effective already and has ES weapons - what could a new buggy really add? It's difficult to see how the ES buggies could be any faster, so all that's really left is for them to be slower and stronger, or maybe carry more people.

Honestly though, it seems like they might be better off adding the Deliverer instead - filling the gap between Harassers and Sunderers.

Old 2013-07-09, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Modify the Treasher to be bigger and carry extra passangers.

Then take the Raider and Thunderer (The Marauder and Enforcer are now weapons)

The Raider owuld be closest to the old Deliverer with 2 guns like the Sunderer or 1 heavy and 2 light guns and room for one or 2 more peopel than the others. Would look like a futuristic Humvee.

The Thunderer would be a cross between the PS1 Marauder and enforcer astheticaly.

An armored pickup truck with a but of a muscle car look. The driver and guner would be protected but all the passangers owuld be in a rumble seat. Maybe allow one of the passangers to deploy a mana turret in the back and make it like what the US miliotary call "a technical". Or if that is too complex make one fothe rumble seats an exposed gunner manning a weapon that is essentialy a mana turret on a mount that allows for a wider fireing arc.

Or jsut copy the Marauder's weapon layout. and put 2 passangers in the back along with a gunner.

Also make sure all their weapons are either universal (Basilisk) AA or Anti infantry focused. They sohudlnt be too good agaisnt other vehicles.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-07-09 at 05:25 AM.
Old 2013-07-09, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It is my understanding that they will be the new 'Deliverers'.

Old 2013-07-09, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Yes they are due to return. Apparently according to PC Gamer, they're already in the works.

The Deliverer I think is going to be the NS variant. TR will Marauder, NC the Enforcer and the Vanu will have their Thresher.
Old 2013-07-09, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sarloh
Corporal

Man these vehicles look awsome compared to Planetside 2. The PS2 buggies look nice, but who wouldn't wan't to drive around in these vehicles, they perferctly prepresent each empire.
Old 2013-07-09, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Canaris
Contributor
General

the last we heard was they were done with buggies and were making ES-vehicles next with the tag line "Let the speculation begin" I say F the speculation I want my TR 4x4!! wantz it now

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-07-09, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Well since I used to drive a Deli I'm pretty happy about that.
As long as it can traverse water like in PS1 i'll be happy as a clam.

A cross between the Deli and the ES buggies might work and could be rather cool I think.

All your base are belong to us... eventually.
Old 2013-07-09, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Root Hade
Corporal

Harasser concept art I think but pretty damn close to the Marauder if you ask me.

Maybe the Thresher or another VS vehicle. Faction appropriate Flash?

Couldn't find anything for the NC but the early Harasser models with the windowless rollcage really looks similar.

During a Command Centre or some other stream Tray dropped some heavy hints about faction specific vehicles, he tried to avoid using the word 'buggies' though. Most likely in the case of VS which would be some floating disco machine as per usual.

Last edited by Root Hade; 2013-07-09 at 10:27 AM.
Old 2013-07-09, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Klypto
Private

I still want that snow gear for vehicles on Esamir. If only SOE had people who could do everything all the time at the same time, instantly.

Last edited by Klypto; 2013-07-09 at 11:00 AM.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

A "Cheap" way to do some more ES stuff would be to have faction-specific chassis upgrades and maybe even require them to be equipped in order to use the ES weapons.

For example on the harasser, you can't take the ES weapons unless you pick up for 300 certs:
TR Chassis - Level 2 of speed and lvl 1scrapper
NC - Level 2 of surger and 1 scrapper
VS - No more wheels. It hovers now. We have the technology.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rat
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Logri View Post
Well since I used to drive a Deli I'm pretty happy about that.
As long as it can traverse water like in PS1 i'll be happy as a clam.

A cross between the Deli and the ES buggies might work and could be rather cool I think.
What is this WATER you speak of?
Old 2013-07-09, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Rat View Post
What is this WATER you speak of?
...you know, that water that BLOWS YOU UP when you touch it ....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion