The Oracle of Death - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the rejected quotes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-12, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Oracle of Death

One more present for the evening - the AR set over the same pull period.

Original at http://bit.ly/14noa6b
Old 2013-08-12, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I don't really care about the distribution of players inside BR - I pulled AVGBR of the group as a decent summary. What we care about is their performance, not so much how they're distributed.
You'll notice though that in the LMG charts the kpu is low for all the default and cheap weapons, this will be because there are a lot of new players using them and diluting the stats, in this case it's player skill not weapon "goodness". Is it possible to ignore kills from players who are under say br10?
Old 2013-08-12, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
torokf
Corporal

O Omnipotent Oracle of Death i can't seem to find it anywhere in this thread but i thought it had been asked already,
Could you answer my need for statistics on the Empire Specific MBT Secondary AV weapons?
Saron VS Vulcan VS Enforcer (and maybe throw in it the Halberd for each faction too)

i've only found out the Harrasser weapons in the first pages of this Epic thread
Old 2013-08-12, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
Blahnu
Private

Thanks for doing this, love your work.

Those Corvus numbers sure are odd - its KPU is significantly lower in the BR 51-100 half than in the 1-50.

Anyway, some requests: Have you figured out a way to separate common pool infantry weapon usage by faction? I suspect the Vanu are more likely to use the NS-11A than the other factions, and would like to see if the numbers indicate so. The sum of unique users by faction in your SS does seem to imply it, assuming no population imbalances.

I would also appreciate it if you could pull Carbine data and present them in a similar format to the LMG and AR spreadsheets, when you get the time. Lots of interesting trends there!
Old 2013-08-12, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
You'll notice though that in the LMG charts the kpu is low for all the default and cheap weapons, this will be because there are a lot of new players using them and diluting the stats, in this case it's player skill not weapon "goodness". Is it possible to ignore kills from players who are under say br10?
Absolutely possible, but of questionable additional utility. One of the reasons I stratified the set into BR quartiles is that so you can see the kpu of the weapon in a comparative group of your peers. If you're only worried about what's happening at the higher end, select the Q of your choice and compare that.

A problem I'd like to solve for, but can't, is that there are alts hiding in that lowest quartile. As the game continues to evolve, BR will become a less and less effective substitute approximation of skill. On the other hand, skill will become more homogeneous across BR, and the need to stratify at all will diminish.

Finally, the fully weaponized Oracle will let you add arbitrary constraints to your queries, so if you want to snip BR 10 and under off of your pulls, you can do so.

Originally Posted by torokf View Post
O Omnipotent Oracle of Death i can't seem to find it anywhere in this thread but i thought it had been asked already,
Could you answer my need for statistics on the Empire Specific MBT Secondary AV weapons?
Saron VS Vulcan VS Enforcer (and maybe throw in it the Halberd for each faction too)

i've only found out the Harrasser weapons in the first pages of this Epic thread
On today's list!

Originally Posted by Blahnu View Post
Thanks for doing this, love your work.

Those Corvus numbers sure are odd - its KPU is significantly lower in the BR 51-100 half than in the 1-50.

Anyway, some requests: Have you figured out a way to separate common pool infantry weapon usage by faction? I suspect the Vanu are more likely to use the NS-11A than the other factions, and would like to see if the numbers indicate so. The sum of unique users by faction in your SS does seem to imply it, assuming no population imbalances.

I would also appreciate it if you could pull Carbine data and present them in a similar format to the LMG and AR spreadsheets, when you get the time. Lots of interesting trends there!
Carbines are happening today. I have have the data to rip apart the NS weapons (was a big reason for the Saturday nuke'n'pave) but haven't slapped together a procedure to split them yet. Totally on the list.

Re: the Corvus Phenomonon - That's actually happened a handful of times so far. There are a few possible explanations, in what I feel are decreasing order of likelihood:
  • A statisticlaly interesting set of high-skill VS alts use the Corvus
  • A statistically interesting group of high-BR Corvus players were having bad weekends
  • I fudged something
  • SOE has written a complicated algorithm that calculates your composite KDR across all weapons and dynamically alters the Corvus's stats to match your apparent skill level. Only true badasses use the Corvus. They are given lucrative MLG sponsorships, complimentary HigbyHair wigs, and access to venture capital for their own Corvus-themed startups. We Love the Corvus Day is celebrated in all Western nations. You weep softly, moved by what has transpired in 6 short months.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-12 at 10:34 AM.
Old 2013-08-12, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
Omnimon
Private

Oh Oracle of death ; yesterday I've just sacrificed many blood offerings granted by TR on the alter at Vanu Archives, is that enough to warrant a response to this petty mortal ?

Could I ask for the # of level 80-100 players who have their main playtime on certain class and vehicle ? Is that possible to do ? Granted I have yet to see any statistics as to who mains what in the higher ranks outside of word of mouth .

Is it possible to arrange this by empire as well ? Or do have to yet sacrifice another 100 TR for such a request to go through ?

Last edited by Omnimon; 2013-08-12 at 10:55 AM.
Old 2013-08-12, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Alas - this is beyond her power. For such a question, the Oracle's older sister, ps2-stats, would need to be consulted.

Oracle and ps2-stats derive their models from two different directions. ps2-stats pulls player records as a source of truth, and slices and extrapolates from there. Oracle has her fingers in the stream of death flowing out of the API, and examines from that perspective. So, while only the Oracle can tell you the battle rank of the killer at the moment of a death, only ps2-stats can tell you how much butt time he's had in that cockpit.

I have no plans to implement character pulls as part of my model at the moment, but that doesn't mean it won't happen - just that I already have a few weeks planned out ahead of me already, and precious little coding time as is.

Do keep knifing those TR, though. When we've killed enough of them, Vanu returns and gives Otter Pops to, like, everyone.
Old 2013-08-12, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
SonofSkz
Private

Dear Oracle of Death,

This is both an interesting and non-hate filled thread and for that I thank you. Could you re-run the ES launchers? I'd be interested to see if the higher skill players are using the other launchers and balancing the ridiculous popularity of the Striker.

Also is there a way you could grab the roadkill stats? If vehicles are possible cool but otherwise just seeing how many people don't look both ways before crossing the road. Are tk's recorded at all?
Old 2013-08-12, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SonofSkz View Post
Dear Oracle of Death,

This is both an interesting and non-hate filled thread and for that I thank you. Could you re-run the ES launchers? I'd be interested to see if the higher skill players are using the other launchers and balancing the ridiculous popularity of the Striker.

Also is there a way you could grab the roadkill stats? If vehicles are possible cool but otherwise just seeing how many people don't look both ways before crossing the road. Are tk's recorded at all?
In order:
  • <3
  • I can probably get to that today, yeah. I'll do all the launchers as a big spread.
  • Maybe! I actaully have a big pile of kills (maybe 1%-ish of the whole) that have no attacker_weapon_id. I've always assumed they were suicides, but now I wonder. Lemme look into it.
  • TKs are recorded, but not as TKs. To do that, I'd need to also resolve the victim's faction id. I get antsy about asking SOE for multiple joins in a pull that runs 4 times a minute during peak killing time, but I'll see if there's a way to speed it up. I should probably just ask Strega how much load I'm eating and whether they can abide some additional churn.
Old 2013-08-12, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Will this project reach a point where we can view this information somewhere in an automated steadily updated format?
Old 2013-08-12, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Sort of. Oracle currently lives on slashnet in #planetside9 (don't ask). When the query interface is complete, she'll live in #planetside2, issue query tokens to members, and let you run anything I've programmed in so far with whatever constraints you want.

I'll get around to throwing up a web front end at some point. HTML isn't my strong suit.
Old 2013-08-12, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Here's your carbines, playas.

Original at http://bit.ly/18q2qL6

edit: are people getting in OK? I have the damn thing at public, but I'm getting reports of permission requests.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-12 at 03:04 PM.
Old 2013-08-12, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

This is fascinating....but what does it all mean???
Old 2013-08-12, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

A few of the Q3KPUs are reading as Q2KPU. Also this data is looking very intriguing.

Is this from all of the live servers?
Old 2013-08-12, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Lol, copypasta typos. Fixing.

Yes, this is from every world_id that SOE reports.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion