DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is there a vaccine for this?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-12-06, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
blampoet
Corporal

Question DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO?

I looked through the 500 messages on the board (actually, i didn't... i searched the words ANT and/or SUND*)

and NO WHERE does it mention this...
where does this line come from?
Old 2013-12-06, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cookiecrumbs
Private

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

Malorn mentioned it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...1td6?context=3
Old 2013-12-06, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

What's the point of other vehicles when the Sunderer is the end all do all vehicle? Most health, heaviest armor, Basilisks are terrifying when upgraded, AMS, Gate Shield Diffuser, etc and NOW it's getting a ANT?

The Sunderer' just getting dumb now...
Old 2013-12-06, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Qwan
Captain

I dont know I think that the sundy being used as an ant is cool, Hellll Im just glad that they are bringing back the whole concept of the ant idea and requiring units to charge bases that are running low on energy. I just hope that they bring back the Idea of the gal being able to load vehicles as well as the load star, then were going to start to see some real co-op in this game.

I just want to get past the optimization phase and get into all these changes that they are talking about soon.
Old 2013-12-06, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Canaris
Contributor
General

I have an inkling that this new energy system will become a bit of disaster for PS2 bases, unlike PS1 we don't have the ability to load up ANTs into the Galaxy and air drop them into bases in order to get past the siege lines / zerg fronts.

All ANTs will have to go cross country and be very exposed.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-12-06, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eggy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
I have an inkling that this new energy system will become a bit of disaster for PS2 bases, unlike PS1 we don't have the ability to load up ANTs into the Galaxy and air drop them into bases in order to get past the siege lines / zerg fronts.

In the videos I saw a while ago this ^^ is an intended feature and not a "negative".

At the moment we have a scenatrio where 1 empire can have zero pressence on a continent except for the masses at 1 base "the crown". Without power this fight cannot go on and on and on for days, like it does now.

It was also supposed to link into the fabled mission system. Creating missions for the defenders to defend the ANT and a mission for attackers to nail it. A pleasant side effect of this would be to create stuff for vehicle players to do that isnt camping bases and doors, especialy if the placement of the power supplys is sensible and out of the way.

I am disapointed they are using the sunderer for this. It was suggested there would be different sizes of ANTs and different sizes of the power source.

Last edited by Eggy; 2013-12-06 at 07:54 AM.
Old 2013-12-06, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I am very happy the ant is going to be the sunderer. Sundy is just an all around awesome platform for utilitarian use.
Old 2013-12-06, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

I'd rather see a new vehicle take on the role of the AMS/ANT (one vehicle 2 cert lines) - give the Sunderer more of it's specialized emphasis on convoy support / offensive / troop movement back rather than just yet another jack of all trades object.

Being able to spawn from, carry a full squad (and "rumour control" potentially squad spawn inside of) and do everything bar whistle Dixie is just plain dumb and says to me: lazy.
Old 2013-12-06, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

It had better be a module that at least makes some significant cosmetic changes.

I know it's easier for SOE to use the Sundy as the all-purpose-vehicle, but come on...

The Sunderer itself is, imo, one ugly truck
Old 2013-12-06, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post

Yea that is going to be a big issue, I mean if the crown needs a refuel of power, driving from one of the warp gates to it is going to be one wild ass ride. LOL
Old 2013-12-06, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SgtMAD
Captain

this is the worst idea ever,the reality of having to do ant runs in PS was a nightmare,and this is from a guy that had plenty of members to do the actual runs and we did them ad naseum for almost a decade.

the idea that we are going to see sundys doing these runs on the maps we see now is going to "fun" for about a week then the bitching about losing bases because ppl are draining them is "unfair" will be all over the forums.

missing ant runs are NOT whats wrong with this game and to add them at this point is ridiculous.the idea that ppl are going to "pay" for the sundy to do the run is comical.
Old 2013-12-06, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

To hell with the Sunderer, it does everything, it's just stupid now.

Make the ANT it's own vehicle. While your at it introduce the Loadstar!
Old 2013-12-06, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by SturmovikDrakon View Post
I know it's easier for SOE to use the Sundy as the all-purpose-vehicle, but come on...
Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
To hell with the Sunderer, it does everything, it's just stupid now.

Make the ANT it's own vehicle. While your at it introduce the Loadstar!
Yeah, I've got to agree here, the Sunderer has enough features as it is...

ANTs need to be vulnerable, so they shouldn't carry two guns and a squad worth of guys...

Even if it IS just a reskinned Sundie, it should be it's own entity, a truck that MAYBE has room for a passenger and the rest is cargo space.
No Terminals, no AMS, no Guns, just a truck that handles a bit more like a Harasser than a Bus...

...Fuck, just reskin the HARASSER!
It's a JOY to drive, and I've used the damn front bumper for more kills then the weapons!

And yes, try to bring back the Loadstar, or at least an Aerial ANT...
Old 2013-12-06, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

The problem with piling all kinds of shit on the sunderer is (apart from it obviously being fucking lazy), it removes any information when dealing with a sunderer and turns it into a bloody guessing game.

Oh, there is a sundy. Is it an Ams? Is it an offensive variant? An Ant? Ammo supply? Who the fuck knows.
On offense that means i can't put priorites on them like i should be able to, and on defense it means i don't know what the friendly sundy is going to do. Will he need support for an Ant run? Will he need support to deploy? Will he go and hunt harassers? Fuck, who knows.

Same goes for turning the Gal into a Loadstar via cert bullshit, because c'mon, at this point you just know that is what's going to happen. Does it carry a vehicle? Is it just being used for a drop? Bah...

But it's probably all part of dumbing this shit down more because they assume console players are even more braindead consumer zombies than pc "casuals".
Old 2013-12-06, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
typhaon
Sergeant Major

It's about resources and time.

Which is worrisome to say the least... especially when we see corners being cut on something that should be a foundational part of gameplay.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion