News: Test Server Update October 23, 2013 4 PM PST: OMFG Patch - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Local Deli...The finest of Kosher meats I'm sure
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-10-25, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Kalee J
Sergeant

Re: Test Server Update October 23, 2013 4 PM PST: OMFG Patch

When you're granted a boost (or other item) it shows up in your notification page. The default is "K" I believe to open this page. There you'll see pending notifications (squad invites, friend requests, etc.) and you should see a boost that if you accept it will go into the store of boosts the character you have logged in at that time. So while the notification will show up on all characters you log in on that account be sure to only claim it on the character you would like to use the boost.
Old 2013-10-25, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Spoof
Corporal

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
... or that they just wanted the new design to have a more futuristic style to it.
People of the future still require the same, practical functionality from a HUD

This new design is a step back into a past where people have to guess how much ammo/thrust/shield/health/armour is left, while constantly wiping their monitor with a rag in the hope of removing these artsy-fartsy etchings that keep appearing in their line of vision.

Please bring back the clean, functional centralised hud with 'ticks'. It was the implementation that impaired performance, not the art itself.
Old 2013-10-25, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Thanks for your reply Kalee.

I've checked my notifications and there is nothing there.

I'll try to play on the PTS a bit more and see if that makes a difference...
Old 2013-10-25, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Thanks for your reply Kalee.

I've checked my notifications and there is nothing there.

I'll try to play on the PTS a bit more and see if that makes a difference...
I don't think they've been awarded, yet.
Old 2013-10-25, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
VikingKong
Sergeant

Thumbs down Re: Test Server Update October 23, 2013 4 PM PST: OMFG Patch

Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
This new design is a step back into a past where people have to guess how much ammo/thrust/shield/health/armour is left, while constantly wiping their monitor with a rag in the hope of removing these artsy-fartsy etchings that keep appearing in their line of vision.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. I thought the point of the centralised HUD was that you could tell what was what without having to take your eyes off the action, but now - even if I stare directly at it for a few minutes - I can't tell shit. Plus it looks like arse.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old 2013-10-25, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Wargrim
Sergeant

So i have spent some time on PTS today.

- Constant crashing? Still there.
- Bug that leads to unplayable stuttering unless i turn on the ingame video recording tool? Still there.
- Stuff takes over one minute+ to render if i drop pod into a fight? Still there.
- Inevitable graphical corruption of the map and UI after some time playing, a sure sign of a following crash? Still there.
- FPS improvements? No idea, PTS is pretty much empty.

Conclusion: Patch does nothing for my system. All the stability / performance related fuckups they introduced back in April, over 6 month ago, are still present. The game is still less playable for me than it was in the later parts of Beta.

Additional realizations:

I visited Hossin myself for the first time. Base design seems awesom, which is in such incredible contrast with some of the base design fuckups on other continents. Framerate is super low even when empty, zero chance it will ever be possible to have a decent FPS fight on Hossin on my PC. But pilots with a rig that gives good FPS and FAST LOADING OF THE TREES will have an awesome time flying low and fast, this is gonna be real good fun for them i think. Plenty of LOS / Lockon breaking trees, flying backwards is super high risk. Might see lots of curving around in fights, as long as you fight below the canopy.

Biolab Spawn change is the bigges Level Design fuckup in the game in a long time. See the other thread.

UI change is horrible. Before, we had life/shield/reload/and so on - bars that were simple, clear, functional, readable, simply GOOD. This stylized shit is the opposite.

Both the Bio Lab spawns and the UI change should never make it to life servers. If this patch gose life as it is now, i am done with this game once and for all. Not because of those particular changes, but because they would be the final prove that SOE is deliberately taking this game in the opposite direction of where i want it to go. There habe been a great number of changes in the past that all point to this: SOE wants to remove everything from the game that seems difficult, challenging, and potentially frustrating for people that seek the fast and easy way, that want instant gratification, that could be called casual. But those challenges, difficult to achieve goals, that require efford, time, dedication, teamwork are what makes this game interesting to me.

I have played this game as often and as long as i possibly could, from Beta to release until today, despite crashing every 10 - 20 minutes since April, this is more than 6 month. Because there is nothing comparable. Because i think it has a gigantic potential. Because i had a tiny bit of hope left that things would get better some day. But things have come to a point where this patch, if introduced as it is on PTS right now, would be the final straw that breaks the camels back. If SOE is going that route, all hope is lost from my perspective. It is only going to get worse, and what i once enjoyed will be taken apart bit by bit.

This patch is a turning point. Make the game significantly better for a lot of people, or fail to deliver once again. Set a path to a new resurgence in players, or to the final decline that can not be stopped anymore.
Old 2013-10-27, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Falcon_br
Captain

Well, I got 120+ fps on hossing on low setting.
Normally it doesn´t care if I am on low of high setting, my fps is around 40.

I forgot to say that it is great for me, because the game has been announced here on Brazil.

We all know most Brazilian PC are bad, people doesn´t understand about hardware, they still think the most important thing on video card are it memory size, so most pc sold here are with bad videocards.

With this new patch I can see the game been a success on Brazil, because now, everyone with a shitty pc will be able to play it.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-10-27 at 11:55 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion