Aircraft Garage/Hangars - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm sure of it now, you like us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-11-25, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
harbingerxy
Private

Re: Aircraft Garage/Hangars

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
I like jump pads they make me go fast! More importantly... Aircraft Hangars! yes? yes!
And this is why we can't have any more immersive, slower-paced MMOs. Everything needs to go fast and instantaneous to please the ADHD crowd.
Old 2013-11-25, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Then allow me to amend my niceties.... I want to brush jump-pads under the rug as far as this thread is concerned, I don't really care about jump-pads one way or another, I'd personally rather see fire-escape styled stair cases to have Infantry fire-fights up and down them.

I, here, Want to talk about the naive but conceptual idea of Aircraft Garage/Hangars to give a degree of protection to my aircraft while I land, repair, and resupply. (Disclaimer: I say "Naive" because in all reality things like Hangars or jump pads are kinda small and are on the back-burner when compared to alot of the other big additions, features, and updates we still need/want. Though Hangars would be pretty cool IMO and fun to explore)

I think the biggest downside to Hangars would be the same problem we have with landing pads now. There to small and aircraft always bump, crash, and burn into eachother because there not large enough for more then 2 aircraft and that's being generous if the Pilots know how to share the platform.

Make the Hangar large enough a Gal could fly in and hover and your golden! Mount the Landing Pad above the Hangar, or even double stack it! One ontop of the Hangar, one inside the Hangar! Towers are tall enough, alot of wasted space with the top radio antennas so why can't the Landing Pads be multi-layered?

If anywhere this idea of Aircraft Hangars could be at the very least touched on would be that second level to the Tech-Plant where aircraft fly in and land anyways. I'd rather not see more energy fields because there kinda boring IMO, yeah it's the future 2845 and all that but some construction designs are universal, also more importantly there's a big problem with energy fields as is. They stop rendering at a certain distance allowing Tanks and other nasty long range weapons to shoot clean through and kill the garage/hangar occupants, usually vehicles, very nasty...

Just mount big black iron wall segments into the ribs of the Tech-Plant and leave that center "door" bit open to fly in and out of, flatten out this newly constructed hangar area with a few Landing Pad and you have a simple addition to the game.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-11-25 at 05:40 AM.
Old 2013-11-25, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

What about an autopilot function to counter the difficulties of landing in such tight spaces?

Similar to the use button, it could be activated when near enough (along with a low enough airspeed). Similarly, reactivating said function would undock the aircraft.

Something along those lines perhaps to not make the hangars too big.
Old 2013-11-25, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Owen View Post
only problem is getting the ESF efficiently in. We would need something like forward thrusters that would allow the ESF to move forward while grounded.
That's what she said...
Old 2013-11-25, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Timithos
Master Sergeant

So they put in another jump pad and a huge garage in for attackers. Facilities shouldn't be pro-attacker, but be designed to be pro-defender, where a smaller force can entrench against a larger force. What facility commander would design facilities like these with such blatant vulnerabilities?

I don't like the garages on Esamir because they're designed for attackers. All the defender's vehicle terminals should get the garage. And hate the teleporters that don't put the defenders any closer to the capture points. And the overboard walls as a "solution" that rob too much from a combined arms play, rather then using 10+ different other mechanics to make facilities better.

I like to see hangers embedded into the cliffs in SE Indar accessed by facility defenders via teleporters, and guarded with AA and gattling turrets at the mouth. Scrap Scarred Mesa's open air platform and embed it down below into the plateau midway up. Perhaps a set of elevators depositing troops there and all the way to the top is the attack point.

Last edited by Timithos; 2013-11-25 at 02:35 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion