Plasma - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Encouraging minors to smoke weed since �03
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Plasma?
Keep it in 14 42.42%
Remove it 13 39.39%
I do not care 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-21, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Plasma

Does it have a place in PS2?

I don't mind it, as I am very rarely actually killed by the stuff but it does slow down indoor combat.

My argument has always been that it is needed to flush out corner humpers, but a frag grenade should be able to do the job.

Vote!
Old 2011-02-21, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Plasma

Toss it. The effect was annoying. Frags can be the AI round.

I'd like to see a new grenade, that is useful vs vehicles and MAXs. Something magnetic, that has to stick to do damage. Would be a good close range AV/AM weapon. I'd say do this with plasma, but then you'd get halo fanboys bitching.
Old 2011-02-21, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Canaris
Contributor
General

My brother would be very upset to loose the plasma, he loved his thumper loadout. Charging to the entrance of a base and laying down a barrage of green or firing over wall and hitting the defenders above.

I won't lie he sometimes was a bit of a grief machine but that's because he loved the weapon. Still can hear the crazed laughter as he was screaming, "What you got bitches! what you got" lol
Old 2011-02-21, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Aractain
Major

If we are talking about Planetside style Plasma - remove it.

I would rather see Plasma redesigned into basically what the radiator did. Make it a largeish (10-15m) arena denial weapon used on walkways etc to put pressure on the enemy. NOT a primary kill farming weapon.

Even better, medics could drop a deployable like a sensor tower to stop the burn in a small radius making tight defensive positions like back doors and corners not an obvious AOE spam location. (And that is Grade B gameplay or 'indrect' player A does something to limit player Bs effectiveness).

This is another situation where without the weapon's power, no one would use it. Thus here is a good example where 'damage to XP' fixes things.

(On a related note the rocklet should be okay direct fire AOE (2-3m) weapons - good assault weapon. The thumper style frag rounds would be used for longer distance AOE (5-8m) assault weapon but the arc should be good enough to hit defenders behind walls etc giving it a secondary use also.)

Last edited by Aractain; 2011-02-21 at 05:24 AM.
Old 2011-02-21, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Keep it. Lasher sucks so I use Spec.
Old 2011-02-21, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

Remove it or remove it's initial damage and leave the dot.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've never much been a fan of Damage Over Time grenades. It doesn't make a huge difference to me but I'd rather see them removed and replaced with something else.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-21, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
If we are talking about Planetside style Plasma - remove it.

I would rather see Plasma redesigned into basically what the radiator did. Make it a largeish (10-15m) arena denial weapon used on walkways etc to put pressure on the enemy. NOT a primary kill farming weapon.

Even better, medics could drop a deployable like a sensor tower to stop the burn in a small radius making tight defensive positions like back doors and corners not an obvious AOE spam location.
Me likey

Frag grenades should be the grenades of choice. I like the idea of a medic/engineer countermeasure too, starts adding a bit of tactical loadout variation. Use it once or twice you'll get away with it. Spam a corridor constantly and the enemy's gonna bring the antidote.
Old 2011-02-21, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Tikuto
Major

• First remove them from PS2.
  • Second, speculate their purpose and understand why they'd be so needed. Add them to PS2.

It'd be like post-development content.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2011-02-21, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General

When I get tired of those T.O.D.'s it's nice to be able to pull a thumper, launch a bunch of green death down the stairs toward the spawn room and let my buddies clear out the upstairs to get the hack on.
Old 2011-02-21, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bags
Lieutenant General

I wouldn't mind plasma if they didn't cause COF bloom constantly, weren't so faceroll easy to use, and weren't so spammable.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
PsychoXR-20
Staff Sergeant

Figured I'd just through this in here instead of making a new thread, but how about a/the flame thrower? I don't know anything about the current flame thrower in PS, but I would imagine its just as bad if not worse than plasma grenades.

Should PS:N Have a flame thrower? If so how should it work?
Old 2011-02-21, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by PsychoXR-20 View Post
Figured I'd just through this in here instead of making a new thread, but how about a/the flame thrower? I don't know anything about the current flame thrower in PS, but I would imagine its just as bad if not worse than plasma grenades.

Should PS:N Have a flame thrower? If so how should it work?
It's like 8x more annoying than plasma. Flamethrowers have no place in planetside. All you have to do is run into a crowd of people holding m1 and you're guaranteed a kill or two + a lot of annoyed, half hp enemies.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-21 at 11:33 PM.
Old 2011-02-22, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I'd love to have CoD's Decoy Grenades. They makes sounds of gun fire and ping the mini map red dot like a person. Teaches those who stare at the revealing radar a lesson.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-02-22, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187 View Post
I'd love to have CoD's Decoy Grenades. They makes sounds of gun fire and ping the mini map red dot like a person. Teaches those who stare at the revealing radar a lesson.
Or, a much better option: eliminate Audio Amp, the implant of choice so lazy HA's can just sit and wait for people who actually move places in the game come to them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion