1 Kill Every 4 seconds. Legit. R.I.P. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look a random onject of mild intrest!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-11, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Beerbeer
Major

Re: 1 Kill Every 4 seconds. Legit. R.I.P.

If you could only walk a mile in another man's shoes...
Old 2012-12-11, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
This is one of the biggest hurdles newbies face IMO. People come here expecting a well-rounded shooter and instead find themselves one-shotted by vehicles all over the place, especially spawn doors.

As this game matures, and more people discover how easy it is to camp people with vehicles, the burden on new players trying to enter this game will be worse than it is now.
This is why there is a huge need for Jammers and EMP's to return. Something to give infantry a chance to escape the spawn location before eating HE rounds or rocket spam. Infiltrators with EMP's could change the course of many battles.

Old 2012-12-11, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
StraitDumpinSMF
Private

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
The tools are there to counter aircraft and vehicles but not allot of people are using them or using them effectively.
Bacon drop the top of the bio dome with G2A rockets and farm my ass
Bring your engineer friend, and two man the skies!
Old 2012-12-11, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Fujilives
Private

I think air vehicles should have about 1/2 their current spawn timer and about 2/3 their current cost, but that Anti-Air missile launchers should be available to heavies for free right off the bat. This would balance it out quite nicely, so buying an air vehicle would be more reasonable so when you blew up faster it wasn't as large a deal, but also make it so the people on the ground could defend themselves more effectively.

Right now vehicles have either the ability to stay up seemingly forever, or go down instantly depending on weather or not they come across a group of people with a lot of anti-air or not, the problem is once shot down, there's no getting back up. There's really no "encouraging" game play on either side, just stupid design by restricting both sides ridiculously large amounts.
Old 2012-12-11, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

If you could only walk a mile in another man's shoes...
Been gaming for a long time starting with Pong, Atari,Commadore 64, Apple 2c, Intellivision, Vectrex,Turbo Graphics, NEO Geo, NES, Genesis, SNES, Sega 32X, Atari Jaguar, Sega CD, Playstation 1,2,3, Sega Saturn, PC, X-Box & 360, Wii, and probably a few others I have forgotten.....my point is I have played thousands of video games of all shapes and sizes for 30+ years....I have walked in those shoes learning some new game plenty of times....if they can't appriciate walking on these continents and what lies before them enough to give it a good old college try...well.....maybe they just need to go back to COD....but I hope more stick it out and learn how much more rewarding PS2 can be...
Old 2012-12-11, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by StraitDumpinSMF View Post
Bacon drop the top of the bio dome with G2A rockets and farm my ass
Bring your engineer friend, and two man the skies!
I am always in the mood for Bacon.......even on top of a Bio Dome....
Old 2012-12-11, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

I am always in the mood for Bacon.......even on top of a Bio Dome....
mmmmm bacon
Old 2012-12-11, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Beerbeer
Major

Maybe therein lies the problem, you're too experienced.

I'm saying this from the perspective of some of my less experienced steam friends, who enjoy fps games, but hated their first experience here and never returned. I'm sure their sentiment is shared by many other newbies and might be the reason pop numbers aren't what it could have been (speculating).
Old 2012-12-11, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SGOniell
First Sergeant

You're a hell of a pilot there sir, you seem to be really comfortable with the Reaver. Thank god you're on NC...
Old 2012-12-11, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Figment
Lieutenant General

That's easier said than done, especially to new recruits. They join the game for the first time, get steamrolled a few times and say to themselves: this game sucks, and leave, never to return.
Pretty much.

Maybe therein lies the problem, you're too experienced.

I'm saying this from the perspective of some of my less experienced steam friends, who enjoy fps games, but hated their first experience here and never returned. I'm sure their sentiment is shared by many other newbies and might be the reason pop numbers aren't what it could have been (speculating).
Been keeping an eye on steamstore.com/stats, peak on tuesday went from 29.7K in the second week to 15.6K today, Steam only players.

That's halved. Could just be f2p players that couldn't cope with their hardware... Could be something else... >.>

OHK everywhere and camping everywhere would be my guess as main other culprit. That and lack of bigger meta-game and fighting over the same areas too often.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-12-11 at 05:13 PM.
Old 2012-12-11, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Figment
Lieutenant General

Then it's quite possible they would not be the sort to play PS2 anyway if they are not able to show some perseverance in defeat, communicate with other players about how to over come it, and understand this game is not about K/D ratios and has a bit of a learning curve.
If it's not about K/D ratios then you won't be needing them OHK spam weapons, so you'll be okay with removing them.

It's not like you need them, do you?
Old 2012-12-11, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
If it's not about K/D ratios then you won't be needing them OHK spam weapons, so you'll be okay with removing them.

It's not like you need them, do you?
Are we talking a tank shell to the chest? Really? Your grasping there my friend...
Old 2012-12-11, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Figment
Lieutenant General

Are we talking a tank shell to the chest? Really? Your grasping there my friend...
Are you talking one person driving a tank, alone, and getting all kinds of combat benefits out of it while people on foot get all kinds of random restrictions even though they could actually logically pick up all kinds of different tools, especially if that same character is certed into it somehow?

You're grasping there too.

If you want to open the realism can-o-worms, we'll be here all night. And it wouldn't be pretty.
Old 2012-12-11, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Are you talking one person driving a tank, alone, and getting all kinds of combat benefits out of it while people on foot get all kinds of random restrictions even though they could actually logically pick up all kinds of different tools, especially if that same character is certed into it somehow?

You're grasping there too.

If you want to open the realism can-o-worms, we'll be here all night. And it wouldn't be pretty.
Seeing how I don't seem to have a problem dealing with a single tank with my Heavy Assault or Light Assault (+C4) and either killing them or sending them away limping, or dying I really do not believe the tanks are OP vs infantry...because they should be....there a tank... Also infantry can gang up on a single tank with a single operator if they are employing teamwork and make short work of them.

I see everyone talking about restrictions rather than working as a team to accomplish a goal or defeat the enemy with the tools you are given, funny that's not what I thought PS players were about??
Old 2012-12-11, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Beerbeer
Major

Well have fun dealing with that lone tank as the population of regular people deteriorates.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion