News: Cert/Weapon Cost Changes Incoming - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Trying to eat you since the dev met the T-Virus!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-16, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sunrock
Major

Re: Cert/Weapon Cost Changes Incoming

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I disagree. How would they ever know what the majority thinks about it then? Unless they did polls from the launchpad. But the way they are currently doing it is valid imo.
Who say that they know what the majority thinks? I have never believed SOE did for any of there games, especially when it came to SWG.

But I agree that this change was valid. But you don't need to care about what the players think to do what is best for the game.
Old 2012-11-16, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Link?
Old 2012-11-16, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
But I agree that this change was valid. But you don't need to care about what the players think to do what is best for the game.
Yeah, players opinion don't matter at all. They'll keep playing something they don't like, so no biggie.
Old 2012-11-16, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
bjorntju1
Captain

First, we'll be changing the XP:Cert ratio back to 250:1. So you'll be earning cert points twice as fast as the current build.
Nice

Second, we'll be adjusting many of the cert prices to compensate for this increase, most certs for things like class abilities,attachments, etc. will be doubling to maintain the same overall time investment as current
Ugh, nevermind.
Old 2012-11-16, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
This is an MMO. The players are the game.

Old 2012-11-16, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sifer2
Major

Hehe I knew they would do this. Only the smart people will realize that it's still no where near what it was before. It's a simple tactic if you want people to put up with getting less. You give them WAY less. Then you give them a little more to make them stop complaining an forget they got less lol.
Old 2012-11-16, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
This is an MMO. The players are the game.
I have played almost all MMORPGs that have been released on the western market. Playing on a well populated server makes the experience more fun yes. But saying that the players are the game is putting way way too mush weight on the community. No matter how many play the game the game can be totally ruin if the developers change core game mechanics and even lesser mechanics in the game that are change can ruin the fun as mush as see you server to from high pop to low pop. SWG is a really good example. SOE totally ruin that game by making allot of stupid decisions with the game. And what they did there was to listen to a lowed minority on the forum screaming for changes no few wanted. After the NGE patch a large majority of players left the game because the game had become something they did not want.
Old 2012-11-17, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Unfortunately a community full of dollars is worth more than a community full of opinions. Can't pay out salaries/bonuses with opinions.

Engineer for NUC's Alpha Squad http://www.nucgaming.com
Old 2012-11-17, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Crator
Major General

^ There's a fine balance between that I think FireWater. SOE considers players content and rightfully so since this is a pure PvP game. Players really are content. They want to have as many as possible to support this design. IMO, the F2P model they are implementing will accomplish this. So they don't want to scare away non-paying players. Hence the reason the last patch they put in made it so the time to obtain things isn't as long as it was before.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion