News: Roadmap Updates - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The best way to waste your time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-20, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Roadmap Updates

I'm also sad that Hossin and the continent locking has been pushed back. But I guess it's better in the long term - I'd rather a hex/lattice system and these two features to be working completely in six months rather than a clusterf*ck of rushed, buggy systems in one/two months.
Old 2013-03-20, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I don't really have a problem with Hossin being delayed so they can properly plan it from the get-go, but I'm curious as to why they're delaying small-but-useful features like vehicle zoning, gifting items and in-game mail.

Vehicle zoning especially - surely this is as simple as it gets - why wasn't this in as soon as they added Esamir?

Old 2013-03-20, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Qwan
Captain

Well I say we remove the SMP, and the TMD, so the HA can be equal with the MBT, especially when there camp under the Bio D. But you know if you do this you will upset the SA's who defend the TP, and are down with OPP. But before they release anything new to the game the RL and the SM should be recalibrated, to do MD when they hit the target, and they should tweek the HB for the weapons as well. And about K/D, who cares, but being on woodman Im an ID cause I dont know what half of these acronyms stand for. But since were making up ACM, I think we should put out a BK on what half the stuff you guys are talking about. Cause Im sure there are a lot of NB, who are LT, and dont know what half of the ACM are. Speaking of BK im hungry, anybody want a whopper.
Old 2013-03-20, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Adrian Cronauer just entered the room?
Old 2013-03-20, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
Continent locking is unscheduled? What the fucking fuck?!
But daily quests are still on schedule for April.
Not surprised with continent locking. I never saw it as being viable before Hossin and maybe even Searhus are in.
Old 2013-03-20, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
camycamera
Major

How dare u unschedule continent locking soe

i dont like playing indarside all the time u know

edit: I guess they have valid reasons for it.

and i see that they removed ragdoll physics... i was kinda looking foward to it, even though i know that it would have more than likely fuck up the game.

Last edited by camycamera; 2013-03-20 at 06:43 AM.
Old 2013-03-20, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
How dare u unschedule continent locking soe

i dont like playing indarside all the time u know
thats funny, Indarside. actually going a little off subject my outfit and some of the other larger outfits decided to move the fight to amerish this week. We call it AMERISH WEEK, so far every night we have been keeping the fight on amerish. I actually traded in my desert cammo for wood cammo, now Im really hard to see.
Old 2013-03-20, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Makes sense that they want the new lattice like system in place before Hossin and cont locking.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-20, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
RLxJame
Private

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Well I say we remove the SMP, and the TMD, so the HA can be equal with the MBT, especially when there camp under the Bio D. But you know if you do this you will upset the SA's who defend the TP, and are down with OPP. But before they release anything new to the game the RL and the SM should be recalibrated, to do MD when they hit the target, and they should tweek the HB for the weapons as well. And about K/D, who cares, but being on woodman Im an ID cause I dont know what half of these acronyms stand for. But since were making up ACM, I think we should put out a BK on what half the stuff you guys are talking about. Cause Im sure there are a lot of NB, who are LT, and dont know what half of the ACM are. Speaking of BK im hungry, anybody want a whopper.

WoW. I didn't understand most of what you've written. Every other word is an acronym. WTFBBQ.
Old 2013-03-20, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Flippin heck, acronyms 'R' Us ... or rather not.

What on Earth are:
SMP, TMD, SA, TP, OPP, RL, SM, MD, HB, ACM, BK, NB, LT -- are you really talking about PS and not Economics or Chemistry or something.....

Old 2013-03-20, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If you're going to push back something as big as cont locking...push it back. Don't list it as unscheduled! Just lie to me! Lies are all I have left.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-20, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thanks for catching this, going to get some news written up.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-20, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

Updated OP with "Unscheduled" list.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-20, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Updated OP with "Unscheduled" list.
I believe they also added some new posts as of yesterday to the roadmap, some of them are scheduled already.

Seems like more than half the roadmap is now unscheduled... Does unscheduled mean 6+ months or does it mean it could come out at any time and it'll be a surprise!@
Old 2013-03-20, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

I'm ok with all of this.

The metagame changes weren't on the roadmap and now they are. All of the new content in the world wouldn't help this game to much if it was just a glorified game of Battlefield.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion