Anti Tank Mines.... are you serious? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thats a whole lotta gun
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-02, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Miffy
Sergeant

Anti Tank Mines.... are you serious?

I can accept 2 or 3 killing your tank but 1! I mean these are objects placed in the world using no skill and it tanks a tank from 100% to dead in one hit! I don't care if there are certs against them, this is madness! From default no mine should be able to blow up your tank in one go.

I'd accept a new mechanic of the mine disabling your tracks or your engine but not kill you in one frigging hit....
Old 2012-12-02, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Anti Tank Mines.... are you serious?

Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
I mean these are objects placed in the world using no skill
Tankers don't use skill to evade/destroy anti-tank mines.
Old 2012-12-02, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The skill isn't placing them, but knowing where. You only get 2 or 3 to place on the entire map. If you put it in the right place to get the kill, then that is the skill.
Old 2012-12-02, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Placing tank mines at vehicle spawns isn't skill.
Old 2012-12-02, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

It takes two mines to kill any tank from 100% health (except for maybe the Lightning, haven't tested it).
Old 2012-12-02, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sunrock
Major

There has to be a reason for you to cert into mine guard too right? If the mine does 20% damage to you without them way the hell would anyone want to cert for it?

The damage the tank mines does is ok. And those that talk about skill.... This game is not really based on skill alone. There are way too many things that is "unfair" in this game to say every kill in this game is because you where more skilled then the person that you killed. For an example HE ammo on infantry, A2G rockets, grenades... in fact we need to remove every weapon and certification but the pistol and the knife if we going to say this game is all about skill. You also need luck in this game besides your skills.

But if we nerf tank mines damage they will be so useless that no one will use them. In beta you could drive over a tank mine and it would do so little damage that you could as easily just have bumped into an other vehicle. So it's not that they have not tested out different damage settings on the mines.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AThreatToYou
Major

whatever the case, I really don't think AT mines should 1-hit a Lightning. Take it to burning, sure, but 1HK is not fun.
Either mine guard or fire-suppression systems should be the only two survival options aside from popping out if your armored shell and repairing the Lightning. Popping out and fixing it in a fight is more or less killing the lightning anyhoot.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2012-12-02 at 03:37 PM.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Miffy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
It takes two mines to kill any tank from 100% health (except for maybe the Lightning, haven't tested it).
I was in a prowler, ran over one and it killed me from 100 to 0....

It isn't like Planetside where you can easily see them either.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I think the problem from my point of view is people rarely use them as-is (whether that's because you get so few, I don't know), but when they do use them - because you only get a couple and they're one or two hit kills - people are encouraged to use them in stupid ways.

Thus people only use them to be obnoxious at vehicle spawns (where there's not a lot you can do even if you do spot it), or to throw at parked sundies.

I couldn't really care less about people prefering lots of weak mines to make minefields a la PS1, but i'd side with them for the sake of people using mines properly.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rossum
Private

1). If it looks like a tank mine 1 hit killed your vehicle its because the engineer dropped 2 mines on the same spot. Thats kinda why the cert gives two tank mines while the anti-personell mines only give you one.

2. I think you can spot mines using infared or nightvision scopes.

3. If you think an engineer mined a vehicle spawn, spawn a flash to trigger the mines (the engie likely dropped both mines on the same spot so the blast should take both out. If no boom, deconstruct the flash and spawn your vehicle. If you only took out one mine, the remaining mine wont kill your vehicle so you can just repair it.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Infernalis
Sergeant

Should be like PS1, give more mines but lower the damage. A bunch of mines together is easier to spot than one alone. I'm quite sure you get one-shot in a Lightning with only one mine (100% damage in the death screen).
Old 2012-12-02, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Infernalis View Post
Should be like PS1, give more mines but lower the damage. A bunch of mines together is easier to spot than one alone. I'm quite sure you get one-shot in a Lightning with only one mine (100% damage in the death screen).
Yup, was about to say this. Give the option to cert to deploy more too. And have the disruptor mines added to the game as well. Tanks shouldn't be killed by one hit. And for the other vehicles it should vary. Sundy goes down faster then a tank, then lightening even faster, and flash the fastest.
Old 2012-12-02, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Bravix
Sergeant Major

I liked PS1 style mines, but these are fine too. I never get killed by them so I have no issue with them lol.

Not to mention how easily they blow up. Can't use them in the middle of a firefight because one stray shell will set them off.
Old 2012-12-02, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Conq
Staff Sergeant

Tanker tears are delicious.
Old 2012-12-02, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Getting Killed in one hit sucks doesn't it.

Last edited by Rahabib; 2012-12-02 at 06:39 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion