there are no good outfits- only annoying ones :) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going where no fan site has gone before
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)

Old 2013-10-16, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
blampoet
Corporal

Post there are no good outfits- only annoying ones :)

saw this on BRIGGS forum, and liked it...

what outfits do you know?
like as an enemy?
dislike as an enemy?
annoyed when helped by them or when you're under fire from them (not nessecarly opposite factions)?
or when you hear them on command, you know everything will be alright?

Last edited by blampoet; 2013-10-16 at 07:50 AM.
Old 2013-10-16, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
blampoet
Corporal

Re: there are no good outfits- only annoying ones :)

I'll just rate it from worst to best

winner of the most "never seen unless it's in a zerg" are Dignity of War (DIG)
Nearly as bad, are French connection (FRC) lots of air, and when things don't go their way (usually when our zerg meets theirs) they run away.
Of similar smell are Les Scorpion du Desert (LSD) but with Tanks.

When we see LSD or FRC it's Strijker time for us, because the tube wants to be feed.

On the PLUS side

We used to be somewhat worried when 252nd Spec Ops (252V) were around, but either we've gotten better, or they've had a bad run. (and in case you're wondering, we rarely zerg, and If we do, that's because the zerg built itself around us.)
A large outfit, that seems to be well trained are Deathwatch Gaming (DWG) when we see them it's a matter of time before we're overrun with ZOE max and a very effective logistics tail of engis and medics. They also do good Magrider attacks.
We've had run-ins with Airborne Task Force (ABTF) who run a mean and fast little group.
Also very effective at CQC are German Army Rangers (GAR) they have the scatmax down to an art. lots of squad drops. Nasty.

UNKNOWNS
I do have to admit i am not sure how DIG & DIGT (Dignity of War tactical) are related, but the later seems to give us the occastion
fight.
I've noticed Jianji (JNJ) people playing, but rarely as an organized team (not that it hasn't happend, just not much). It's kind of toss of the dice there- sometimes good, sometimes not.

Last note, Miller is the last server to be free of zergfits (i'm looking at you AZON and MM... not that it's not nice when you help us out ), so I guess everyone adapts to survive- can't blame them for it- but some do it diffrently.
Old 2013-10-18, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Seb
Private

Originally Posted by blampoet View Post
[B]I'll just rate it from worst to best
We've had run-ins with Airborne Task Force (ABTF) who run a mean and fast little group.
Really Cool that we're being noticed by others than enemy pilots. We know we don't have the numbers, so we try to do a difference on the map with the small and effective squad we have. And we often roll with WASP, DL & MCY to help them accomplish their goals on the ground. And even though we prefer being in the air, we have some very good infantry players as well.

But back on topic. I have to give mad probs to both DIGT (and by extension DIG) and especially DWG for stepping up lately. DIGT always brings fun fights and competent players. But I've seen DWG a lot more around than usually. Maybe i've just been in the wrong places, but it seems like they've really stepped up their game lately. Also, their players are really cool in /y and /w. When they bring 12 lock on Scythes to bring down our air squad thats been holding back their push on a base, we all just have a laugh in /w and thats that. (compared to FRC who like to rub in our face how MLG they are, when they bring twice the ESFs all with lock ons to bring us down.)

Also i'd like to give probs to FU, always good fights, very coordinated and some very skilled players in the bunch - although at times a bit zergy
BRTD brings the fun as well, but again, often way outnumbers the force they are fighting.
Also, INI needs a mention. When they want to, they bring some very good and very intense fights. But im sad to say, most time i see INI now a days, are in 1/3 marauder harrasers farming spawn camped bases.

Great fights and good players in IVRI, RNX, ISK, VC and EMLD as well

On a negative note. SCEV are the biggest trolls on Miller. I cant fathom how many players have joined them, and follow their open platoons. And I even see a lot of players from outfits i otherwise respect when i've joined their open platoons on my TR alt.
All they do all day, is dick around way beyond enemy lines, where there's no base in sight they can cap, and dick on the VS or NC with striker nests and burster nests. Basically they pull 1-2 platoons from the TR player base at primetime, and make them do absolutely nothing useful for the TR.
Old 2013-10-20, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
huller
Private

oh this thread is going to be great.

I bet you 1000 certs jimmies will get rusteld
Old 2013-11-03, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
INI needs a mention. When they want to, they bring some very good and very intense fights. But im sad to say, most time i see INI now a days, are in 1/3 marauder harrasers farming spawn camped bases.
Abit bias considering every prime time we play 100% infantry.

Last edited by Pella; 2013-11-03 at 06:15 AM.
Old 2013-11-03, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tanchester
Private

From my point of view, EMLD and DIGT help out with a lot of Alerts, they do some useful things, although I must add that constant redeployment and moving of troops(and by that everyone) often leaves the current position empty and easy to take by the enemy. Still, I've played with them, and I'd play anytime.

NC doesn't have a lot of great outfits on Miller, but WASP hasn't been mentioned in this topic, so I'll put them as a ''zergy'' outfit. Russian Legion is by far the most ridiculous outfit, every time we encounter them, most of their members just spam grenade and rocket launchers, and for them, this is a ''choice between heavy assault or engineer'' game. That's just my opinion tho.

TR obviously has two really organized outfits with experienced players, but also a bit ''zergy''. I'm talking about RO and INI. Still, a good fight is expected when they arrive. Very good ground and air coordination.

I'd like to mention my Outfit, JBOX(JBX) which pops-up everywhere, we're trying to make a name for ourselves.
Old 2013-11-09, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
JesNC
Master Sergeant

WASP and INI being zergfits? Wow

There are so many great outfits on Werner.... errr, Miller, that I don't even know where to start.

TR: BRTD, FU, RNX are all awesome to play with and/or against. INI deserves as special mention because they often manage to hit way above their weight. I'm also seeing a lot of 'newer' outfits on TR lately, like RO, AZON and SCEV. Can't really comment on them outside of: Damn, there's many of those guys.

NC: DL, JNJ, CONZ and 252v(and WASP, but self-advertisement stinks ) are the big names over here. MCY and ABTF IMO fall in a similar category as INI. No random-pickup-zergfits active on NC as far as I'm aware.

VS: Well, there's DWG. And then there's ISK. I'm sorry, but that's all that comes to mind when I think of VS outfits.
Old 2013-11-10, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
WASP and INI being zergfits? Wow

There are so many great outfits on Werner.... errr, Miller, that I don't even know where to start.

TR: BRTD, FU, RNX are all awesome to play with and/or against. INI deserves as special mention because they often manage to hit way above their weight. I'm also seeing a lot of 'newer' outfits on TR lately, like RO, AZON and SCEV. Can't really comment on them outside of: Damn, there's many of those guys.

NC: DL, JNJ, CONZ and 252v(and WASP, but self-advertisement stinks ) are the big names over here. MCY and ABTF IMO fall in a similar category as INI. No random-pickup-zergfits active on NC as far as I'm aware.

VS: Well, there's DWG. And then there's ISK. I'm sorry, but that's all that comes to mind when I think of VS outfits.
RO are certainly not new having been started way back in Werner days. At one time I'd have them down as the best Werner TR outfit.

They were enthusiastic cave fighters like us. You could also say that they were one of the outfits that caused Werner to end in as much as when Emerald and Markov merged to become Gemini they migrated across early and as populations fell on Werner the rest of us followed.

I have a lot of respect for RO.

Last edited by ringring; 2013-11-10 at 04:45 AM.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
RO are certainly not new having been started way back in Werner days. At one time I'd have them down as the best Werner TR outfit.

They were enthusiastic cave fighters like us. You could also say that they were one of the outfits that caused Werner to end in as much as when Emerald and Markov merged to become Gemini they migrated across early and as populations fell on Werner the rest of us followed.

I never heard of or noticed them in PS1 myself, but I'm hardly an authority on the matter. So props to them
Old 2013-11-11, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

RO arrived in PS1 and we stomped them repeatedly in the caves... they learnt well from this stomping and quickly became a formidable foe. Just a shame they harbour certain players...

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-11-27, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
KeyboardWarrior
Private

You would be one of the only ones then.

Mornings (EU time) on Miller are currently unplayable due to RO and MM players rigging the factions in favour of TR.

Russian players could join FOG on Vanu or RUSL on NC, but no, they choose to all pile into two outfits to the extent they are helping to kill off Miller by making the morning population so imbalanced that VS/NC just don't want to play.

VS/NC can't compete when TR has roughly the same pop as them combined.

No respect for faction riggers. Worse than 4th faction.

Last edited by KeyboardWarrior; 2013-11-27 at 03:18 AM.
Old 2013-11-27, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
You would be one of the only ones then.

Mornings (EU time) on Miller are currently unplayable due to RO and MM players rigging the factions in favour of TR.

Russian players could join FOG on Vanu or RUSL on NC, but no, they choose to all pile into two outfits to the extent they are helping to kill off Miller by making the morning population so imbalanced that VS/NC just don't want to play.

VS/NC can't compete when TR has roughly the same pop as them combined.

No respect for faction riggers. Worse than 4th faction.
Faction rigging! Now I've heard everything.
Old 2013-11-27, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
KeyboardWarrior
Private

Faction rigging! Now I've heard everything.
You honestly think people aren't rolling TR because it is already the dominating faction?

It's happens in every damn game with three factions.

Pop balance was fine until TR started being perceived as the "best" faction. Now it's gone completely through the roof, with TR regularly getting 40%+ pop.

I can think of a dozen experienced VS players, some of which were SLs/PLs, who have become lazy scummy faction traitors, imbalancing the factions even more towards TR. This is becoming more and more of a problem.

When I log on in the mornings, it just seems to be a bunch of low BR/new VS and NC getting farmed by a bunch of experienced BR 80+ guys from RO, MM and INI. Not only that but the new guys are outnumbered as well. It doesn't make for fun game-play for anyone except mindless cert farmers.

I have no problem with you TR guys that have been playing since launch. You are not the problem and never were. However, there is an element in TR that is rigging the factions and is spoiling the game for everyone.
Old 2013-11-27, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

We as INI Elite garantee competitive players to have a much better planetside experience compared to what they are used to. The fact that some players have switched factions or servers specifically to join us has nothing to do with betrayment, they just want to enjoy the game more.

If you want to not have players switch over for this specific reason, then outfits on the NC and VS need to step up and convince people to stay. Of course, there are some decent outfits on both the NC and VS, but for truly competitive players there is no real equivalent to our gamestyle on either faction, a gamestyle purely centered on close-knit squad-play on the highest level possible. Only DWG and MCY comes to mind that does a somewhat decent job in doing it.

Last edited by diLLa; 2013-11-27 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2013-11-27, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
You honestly think people aren't rolling TR because it is already the dominating faction?

It's happens in every damn game with three factions.

there is an element in TR that is rigging the factions and is spoiling the game for everyone.
Why pick on a Russian speaking outfit that has been around since about 2005, or around that.

If you were going to pick on one I'd imagine that it would be an English speaking one as they would draw from a wider player-base, especially since Russia has their own server anyway.

In any case this smells like displacement, blaming players for what is a deficiency in the game. Look at all the servers, empire imbalance seems common and not always the same empire, this points to the game not players as the problem.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)