News: Server Merges Incoming - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dont touch my signature!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-20, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Server Merges Incoming

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Bad news.

Current game is Indar-side.

Pops from merged servers will still want to play Indar-side, now Indar-side becomes Queue-side for those that want to play Indar-side, not Amerish/Esamir-side.

They can't play Indar-side, they stop playing, even if the pops are up, they can't play where they want.

You can say what you like about how you play the game but the majority of people are playing Indar-side and don't care.

I reckon there will be a larger than usual weekly drop in total pops a week after the merges.
People only play Indar because there is no fight on Amerish or Esamir. Most people feel that is because there is simply not enough people per server. Personally I think that's part of it, but really I feel that it's more that the only continent benefit worth having is on Indar so why should we fight over something else? Other things in this game need to be fixed to prevent the main war from being only on Indar, but merging is certainly a move in the right direction to accomplish that.
Old 2013-02-20, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Exactly, people play on Indar because that's where most of the fighting currently takes place. Hence the lack of incentive to fight elsewhere. Once the merges take place, this will hopefully provide enough numbers to create new firefights elsewhere.

Personally, once a fight gets too big for my rig to handle the game crashes (happened just after the last major patch - hasn't since except once recently). I'm looking forward to the change of scenery with the expected result of bigger populations, I certainly don't want to play crash-side!
Old 2013-02-20, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Pray tell, why did people leave in the first place to such an extent that only fights were/are available on Indar... now tell me, has anything really changed with the game to stop people from leaving? You can list all the changes you like, I still see the game playing out EXACTLY like it always has done.

If they played on Indar because of 'The Crown', nothing changes, if they play Indar simply because they spawn there, then nothing changes if you make them spawn on Amerish/Esamir instead, you'll still have people massing on the spawn cont, or more likely, they go off to pop-lock Indar.

Like I said, YOU on this forum can say what you like/how you play, the majority don't care. You're all temporarily distracted by the prospect of 'zomg high pops' that you're forgetting the flaws causing the player bleed.

14 servers: hey guys, pops are great
3 months later
8 servers: hey guys, pops are great
3 months later
3 server: hey guys, pops are great
Old 2013-02-20, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Case in point you can usually find a somewhat decent fight on Esamir once Miller's Indar fills up during the weekends. The problem is on any other server, there isnt enough spillover into the next continent to justify not trying to get back to Indar.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Bobby Shaftoe, why do you want PS2 to fail? Do you not enjoy the game?
Old 2013-02-20, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Woooooooooo!
Old 2013-02-20, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Bobby Shaftoe, why do you want PS2 to fail? Do you not enjoy the game?
So we go from me making observations, to me wanting the game to fail? It's not really a case of what I want, it's what the playerbase is doing and continuing to do so since release, fall.

Do you want the game to succeed?

Gushing over the fact they're condensing the remaining pops into fewer servers and acting like that is going to save the game is naive at best.

PS2 is a fun enough distraction when not playing LoL/EVE/Warframe and a bunch of indie games.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

You seem to be cheering for failure. I find it odd.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

This is fantastic news and should not be viewed as a negative thing. If PS2 can draw more players then we can look at adding servers later.

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-02-20 at 11:34 AM.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
People only play Indar because there is no fight on Amerish or Esamir. Most people feel that is because there is simply not enough people per server. Personally I think that's part of it, but really I feel that it's more that the only continent benefit worth having is on Indar so why should we fight over something else? Other things in this game need to be fixed to prevent the main war from being only on Indar, but merging is certainly a move in the right direction to accomplish that.
I agree. While they most certainly need to actually make all continents worth taking and holding i.e. proper bonus for doing so. Indar was always the place to go if you wanted to find a fight, more often than not at the Crown.
Hopefully the merger will make it so that players will once again fight more or less equally on all the continents, hopefully.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-02-20 at 11:41 AM.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Its reasonable to assume there are people out there who are tired of Indar and the Crown.

I also think I'm not the only one with a rig that may struggle once populations increase due to the merges.

These are all factors that lead me to expect more fights on other continents after the merges. Granted I don't have figures to back this up, its my personal feeling on what will happen.

I certainly don't deny PS2 still has a long way to go to make it a worthwhile game, nor the fact that a lot of people play for the grind, hence Indar-side.

So maybe I'm hopeful, I'm allowed to express that right?

Last edited by Dodgy Commando; 2013-02-20 at 11:42 AM.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Kiten
Private

Very glad to hear this. This is the right thing to do, good job SOE.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
You seem to be cheering for failure. I find it odd.
Are you a fanboy? I find it odd you get het up about someone pointing out the playerbase' actions.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

=0! We will get of INDAR!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY (I would keep going for a few pages, but I don't want to spam ^_^ )
Old 2013-02-20, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Are you a fanboy?
Nope, I'm likely one of the more critical posters. But that's different then trying to punish the developers for daring to make a game I may enjoy.

You are also still wrong by the way.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion