For those of you still playing.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where you feel the love
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-07, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

For those of you still playing..

The balance of Planetside 2 swings back and forth as the game evolves and we've seen a ton of players come and go. It's natural really. If a game can hold a player more than a month, it's successfully provided a lot of entertainment. Personally, I've been having fun since Day 1 and appreciate all the other players out there who are still trucking. We would not have a game to play without each other as it takes players to have the battles and enjoy the competitive fun. 6 Months Live, let's rock the next 6 months!

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-07-07 at 01:00 PM.
Old 2013-07-07, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rolfski
Major

Re: For those of you still playing..

Good words, Evilpig. Still enjoy rolling with Devildogs from time to time, although BRTD will always be my main outfit.
Old 2013-07-07, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AThreatToYou
Major

Of course. PlanetSide 2 could have been worse, and the balance of the game could certainly be much, much worse (I have seen it happen! MARK MY WORRRDSSS). It's always been a fun game, either for hours on end or just for a little 40-minute drop in.
Old 2013-07-07, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crator
Major General

I've been playing a lot more since lattice released. Enjoying the game much more now. I even jump around to the other non-lattice maps for the alerts cause the alerts are something to strive for (meta-game)...
Old 2013-07-07, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SternLX
Sergeant

I haven't missed a day of playing PS2 since it went live, even if its just for 30 to 60 mins.
I think I'm addicted.
Old 2013-07-07, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The balance of Planetside 2 swings back and forth as the game evolves and we've seen a ton of players come and go. It's natural really. If a game can hold a player more than a month, it's successfully provided a lot of entertainment. Personally, I've been having fun since Day 1 and appreciate all the other players out there who are still trucking. We would not have a game to play without each other as it takes players to have the battles and enjoy the competitive fun. 6 Months Live, let's rock the next 6 months!
Hopefully we get some real content in the next 6 months. Though the game has been out 8+ months now?
Old 2013-07-07, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Timealude
Captain

I still take breaks everyonce and awhile but I still enjoy rolling with my outfit and we switch factions every so often to change things up.
Old 2013-07-07, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
OCNSethy
Major

Ive been playing hard since Nov 2012 and Ive had a ton of fun. TBH, no other game has held me this long, so it must be doing something right

But its starting to wain for me now... may be I need a lil break.
Old 2013-07-07, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm still enjoying it the majority of the time.
There are still bugs/QoL issues that annoy the shit out of me when they pop up but with each patch I hope they get fixed.
(have not had a flickering white screen of death for weeks!)

I'm still unsure how future plans will affect my server in the long run.
By the time some of the new content comes out (not MLG related) I hope we have a healthy pop on Briggs to enjoy it.
Lots of players have already bailed because they are tired of the same old continent (Indar).
I know we have two others but we can't afford to spread our population that far.
These days an alert on Amerish or Esamir just means a reprieve on Indar from a particular zergfit for an hour or so.

I'll be happy when the MLG hype is out of the way and the focus is back on Planetside 2.
Old 2013-07-07, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

I'll ditto that Dirty, although sometimes it feels like alerts are way too frequent.
Still playing but taking some longer breaks from the game to play other stuff for a while.

Old 2013-07-07, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I used to get pissed off about little, piddly shit. Hell, sometimes I still do. For me the key to continuing to love this game is time apart from it. Helps me from burning myself out and it helps my outfit since they don't have to put up with me for hours at a time day in and day out.
PS2's never been a 'bad' game, but it most certainly didn't start out as a Planetside game. Either way, it's always had massive amounts of potential.
Here's to the next decade of Planetside!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-08, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

This reminds me of those heroic cheesy speeches that the hero makes as the enemy amy that vastly out numbers you batters at the gate.

Will the fabled mysterious force save us alll in the next 6 months?

Find out next time on Planetside Z!!!
Old 2013-07-08, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
VSderp
Private

i been playing since day 1 but can't lie i had times i been burned out and took week long breaks. but i always ended up coming back to this awesome game.
Old 2013-07-08, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
snafus
Sergeant Major

It has personally gotten even better lately with all the new changes within TTA for us. Though there are many things still wrong with this game I still enjoy the majority of it. Hope SOE gets some new content in soon as that would make many a current member quite happy.

Old 2013-07-08, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Qwan
Captain

Been here since day one myself, and though I do get frustrated sometimes, PS2 is really starting to come along. I will be taking a break later this summer when I go on vacation and family comes to visit. But I hope that they keep adding new content (not just more weapons to sell me) because this is whats going to help this game get better and more interesting.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion