News: Roadmap Updates - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't be nervous, bro.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-20, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Roadmap Updates

All you folks that complained about the hex system...you should be ashamed of yourselves now. I am very disappointed in you...

In all seriousness, it's understandable and hopefully it will ultimately better future continents like Hossin and Searhus. Well we'll see shall we?
Old 2013-03-20, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
If you're going to push back something as big as cont locking...push it back. Don't list it as unscheduled! Just lie to me! Lies are all I have left.
That is what "unscheduled" means. They are pushing it back to a different time. They aren't canceling it.
Old 2013-03-20, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I believe they also added some new posts as of yesterday to the roadmap, some of them are scheduled already.
I think I mentioned all of those in the news post. Battle Flow, and Strategic Communication were the only new ones I saw.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-20, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Tenhi
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I think I mentioned all of those in the news post. Battle Flow, and Strategic Communication were the only new ones I saw.
Update topics for all classes and vehicle. But you mentioned those... so not sure whats supposed to be missing.

Edit: Ragdoll Physics are gone... like really gone and not just unscheduled. Oh and JGood also mentioned in the Re-Cert thread that they split the "Convenience Items" thread to see whats the most important of the 3 features. Kinda pointless if you give one thread the old votes^^

Edit2:
With us breaking up the features into their own posts, we wanted to get a feel for which of them were more important to you guys and which might not be, in order to help us prioritize them. Essentially, we want to know what you guys want most, and we'll look at doing that first.

Just because its unscheduled today doesn't mean it will be next week - you guys get to help us know which things need to be a bigger priority and get done sooner, and we appreciate all the feedback you can give us.
Source: JGood - http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...9#post-1421573

I guess the second paragraph applies to all the features that are unscheduled for now. Maybe except Hossin/Continent Locking because those are moved back until they have done the new Lattice System.

Last edited by Tenhi; 2013-03-20 at 10:46 AM.
Old 2013-03-20, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
K/D should just be removed completely.
Yes just remove it or make it only session based like it was in the original. This way the K/D and Teamplay focused players are happy.
Old 2013-03-20, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by RLxJame View Post
WoW. I didn't understand most of what you've written. Every other word is an acronym. WTFBBQ.
Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Flippin heck, acronyms 'R' Us ... or rather not.

What on Earth are:
SMP, TMD, SA, TP, OPP, RL, SM, MD, HB, ACM, BK, NB, LT -- are you really talking about PS and not Economics or Chemistry or something.....

Im just picking on some of the guys because they use alot of acronyms, and when my son comes to this sight he always ask me what most of them mean, and sometimes ive even stunted by most of them. He's 16 and just started playing Planetside.

PS.. I went to BK (Burger King) for lunch.
Old 2013-03-20, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Rolfski
Major

They should have replaced "unscheduled" with "postponed" and people wouldn't be so upset.

They're basically redesigning this whole game, stepping away from their original "unpredictability" philosophy so yes, what would you expect? Of course it screws up the whole road map.
Old 2013-03-20, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Tenhi
Corporal

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
They should have replaced "unscheduled" with "postponed" and people wouldn't be so upset.

They're basically redesigning this whole game, stepping away from their original "unpredictability" philosophy so yes, what would you expect? Of course it screws up the whole road map.
That doesnt explain things like the Re-Cert Items. The guys that work on the HEX System arent the same guys that work on things like Re-Cert or Weapons.

Jimmy explained that a lot during FNOs. Last time they had one of the programmers for the interview... he works on the marketplace and on exp related stuff. On the other hand we have Jimmy who works on weapons, or Clegg who works on lvl/world design.

If they change the whole hex system that doesnt mean they cant work on new guns... or new cosmetic stuff. Thats why I dont understand some of the "postponing"
Old 2013-03-20, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hamma
PSU Admin

So did anyone have an all inclusive list pre-updates?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-20, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Assist
Contributor
Major

NewSith posted one, I think.. maybe...
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=52294

Last edited by Assist; 2013-03-20 at 02:04 PM.
Old 2013-03-20, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Im not a big fan of k/d either way.

But I see the logic for resets.
For good or bad k/d is the only way to measure player skill right now(even if its not the skills that matter) - everything else is a function of time played and how much extra you pay for xp bonuses.

Its not good for the longevity of the game if new players keep feeling compelled to reroll to fix k/ds that they dont like. And yes a many players do this.

Secondly by allowing resets it diminishes the significance of k/d and there by decreases the attractiveness of plays tyles that k/d encourages.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-03-20 at 01:55 PM.
Old 2013-03-20, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Im not a big fan of k/d either way.

But I see the logic for resets.
For good or bad k/d is the only way to measure player skill right now - everything else is a function of time played and how much extra you pay for xp bonuses.

Its not good for the longevity of the game if new players keep feeling compelled to reroll to fix k/ds that they dont like. And yes a many players do this.

Secondly by allowing resets it diminishes the significance of k/d and there by decreases the attractiveness of plays tyles that k/d encourages.
If they come out cheap enough I might stock up so I can use one after each play session.
A KDR of 0.0? HA!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-20, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

I have mixed feelings about the listed items now without a proper timetable. I'm sure Hossin on the backburner peeves a number of players, but given that there are still sections of Amerish's and Esamir's world geometries with gaping holes in them, I think those should be fixed before they even think about releasing a new continent.

Continent Locking is another matter, however. Having something that could make all facilities/outposts on the continent go neutral after a holding period of XP-farming; thus allowing for some pretty epic territorial warfare, would be a nice addtion to the game. No new updates to the Engineer might also be a mistake, as there were some community ideas for different types of Emplacements, as well as other devices in PS1 (such as a motion sensor to detect infiltrators), which have yet to be added to help expand the defensive uses of the class...

Last but not least, I think Re-Certing would be beneficial to a lot of players who may have found some classes/equipment they certed for to be not as useful to their playing style.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2013-03-20 at 02:46 PM.
Old 2013-03-20, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
While on a rant about stupid stats.. SPM is also useless since it's effected by boosters and membership levels. There is absolutely no stat in the game that can clearly tell you what a player is good at.. well K/D usually means they either snipe, sit in nc maxs at bio labs or just vehicle whore their kills.
Absolutely this. It's actually sad that K/DR is the only "honest" skill statistic, which is why, as of now, I value it higher than SPM and BR. It's stupid those two can be artificially inflated with boosters and membership.
Old 2013-03-20, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
Absolutely this. It's actually sad that K/DR is the only "honest" skill statistic, which is why, as of now, I value it higher than SPM and BR. It's stupid those two can be artificially inflated with boosters and membership.
maybe base captured/defended is a good stat to use to determine skill in PS2?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion