PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Im a Ninja
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2013-06-01, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Crator
Major General

Re: This isn't really a gaming topic but...

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
A good PC costs less then 1300 quid (16 gig ram, 1000 gig hard drive, i7 3.4 CPU and 660 TI graphics card). An xbox elite (Or was it a slim?) costs around 600-700.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/co.../standard/Home
  • XBox 360 4GB with Kinnect: $299
  • XBox 360 250GB: $299
  • XBox 360 4GB: $199

Sorry, not everyone is going to buy an elite, it's much cheaper then a PC in this case. Dems the facts. And those there are retail prices, not used. What's the diff from an elite vs. a regular anyways? I just saw a price on one at BestBuy.com for $299...

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
PC games are cheaper (Not to mention you get tons of FREE games on them yet not on consoles. Like PS2). I get most from 5-15 with the odd 20 quid game. Most console games I see are at LEAST 20 (this is second hand but even brand new pc games are 10 quid cheaper then the console ones).
So games like PS2 wouldn't be offered as free to the console gamers?

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-01 at 03:26 PM.
Old 2013-06-01, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
What's the diff from an elite vs. a regular anyways? I just saw a price on one at BestBuy.com for $299...
Red ring of death mainly. But I'd imagine they'd put in some (slightly) better hardware. There's probably a bigger difference on the xbox slim since it seems to have stopped on that (consoles don't have good cooling >_>). Also, just because the price is that low NOW doesn't mean it was before. Especially with the xbox one out.

Also, Halo Reach lagged on the other consoles before elite and slim came out (and even then, I don't think it stopped completely on the Elite).

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
So games like PS2 wouldn't be offered as free to the console gamers?
Question. Have you heard of a free console game? (that's worth playing)

Now if you get only a few console games and stick to one console, then sure, it'll be cheaper. But the simple fact of the matter is that PC's have more free content (larger multiplayer and mods) and last longer. Console gamers HAVE to buy games to play... Well... Anything really. And then ditch what console they had to buy a new one instead of replacing a part or two as you can in a pc.

Pretty much drifted off topic though. The main point I'm trying to make is that PC's handle games better and have better hardware (as long as they're built to do so). And looking at the xbox one, it's going to struggle along. But of course, Microsoft are bound to release new consoles that "not everyone will get". How silly of me.

Done with the pc vs console war. Much more of this and it'll turn into a spam thread.

Edit: Decided to get back more on topic. The 360 had 4 gig ram (more then what my now kaput pc had. Which was one). Compare that to the 8 gig in the xbox one to the 16 gig in the pc I'm soon to be getting (8's average) compared to the fact that the most dedicated pc gamers will have 32 and... Yea...

So to answer the question, the xbox one is average and will soon become "shit" as the person that made this thread puts it.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-06-01 at 05:12 PM.
Old 2013-06-19, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crator
Major General

Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies

This is an article from an engineer at Microsoft talking about what they had planned with the DRM stuff though. Apparently it was going to be a good thing, Microsoft just sucked at telling people about it: http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB
Old 2013-06-21, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
luvthesnapper
Private

Console gamers HAVE to buy games to play...
PS2 is supposed to be F2P on the PS4, without PS+. Warframe also. I think there's more. Of course you can play these on pc, but the next console round should have some decent free games.

Last edited by luvthesnapper; 2013-06-21 at 12:46 PM.
Old 2013-08-14, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

MS has gone back on the Xbox One requiring the Kinect to be connected at all times. Sadly you will still have to buy the Kinect alongside the console.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-08-18, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
MS has gone back on the Xbox One requiring the Kinect to be connected at all times. Sadly you will still have to buy the Kinect alongside the console.
Which is a monthly (or weekly) fee to pay for it, correct? To maintain that connection?

Either way, with PC you have the option not to be online a good deal of the time. Except I can't say that now in all honestly as steam games have now forced us PC users into having internet to play their games. Even hard copies on discs. (or if not steam then windows live. Coughfalloutcough).

I swear, it's like they snuck an extra tax on us.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion