Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

This isn't really a gaming topic but...

I don't know where else to put it...

See the vid below, you'll see what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgU...ature=youtu.be

Clearly we have come face to face, with a revelation my friends. Today Sony has won the Gold medal.

EDIT: More info on why this is truly, the greatest console ever:

Angry Joe's Rant on the Xbox 1:

News Info:

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-t...cros-509140825

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/2...e-us-at-launch

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...r-offline-play

Last edited by CrimsonTemplar; 2013-05-22 at 03:05 PM.
Old 2013-05-22, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: This isn't really a gaming topic but...

Aye, I was thinking about making a thread about the Xbox One's reveal as well... But in the end I decided that I couldn't arsed making a thread about something this disappointing.

I don't buy into Microsoft's excuses and for me it seems more like them trying to go back on their bad descisions by simply passing them off as just being potential solutions. Then why did you not mention the solutions that wouldn't make people think you're idiots?
Trying to make the fact that you have to pay a fee to be able to play a game on other consoles sound like a good thing:/.... Well, at least they decided to change that a bit so you and your friend can play via your account. Still a bad descision though, it was free marketing.
And the kinect... Don't get me started on that abysmal piece of technology.

But the worst part... You don't make a gaming console and then not focus on video games. You twats!

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
camycamera
Major

yes, the Xbox One is

1) a stupid name
2) everything else that Angry Joe said.

the only thing imo they have going for MS is Halo and other exclusives, but that is it. there is NOTHING else other than the exclusives that MS have going for them. if the used game bullshit is true, then goodbye MS. and it is laughable they still are forcing people to pay for something they can get for free on PC AND by its competitors anyway XD
Old 2013-05-23, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
yes, the Xbox One is

1) a stupid name
2) everything else that Angry Joe said.

the only thing imo they have going for MS is Halo and other exclusives, but that is it. there is NOTHING else other than the exclusives that MS have going for them. if the used game bullshit is true, then goodbye MS. and it is laughable they still are forcing people to pay for something they can get for free on PC AND by its competitors anyway XD
Well they probably got NFL .

I agree with what you and Chip have said. It's just tragic to see what MS has become over the years. This is a prime example of that.
Old 2013-05-23, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
Old 2013-05-24, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crator
Major General

I guess renting games is out of the question now too.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Micro
Sergeant Major

Gotta love Angry Joe. ^_^
Old 2013-05-27, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Is that official or simply fan-made adverts?

Either way Sony must be gleeful, whatever MS were going for with Xbox-One.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

From what I understand that is an official piece of advertisement.:P

Old 2013-05-28, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Photoshop of http://www.latinospost.com/articles/...ertisement.htm

Source image https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1003566&type=1

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2013-05-29, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Aw. I guess it would have been too much to hope for that Sony actually would have had the balls to make that.

Old 2013-05-31, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Only 8 gig ram and 500 gig hard drive. Compare that to the PC I'm soon to be getting which will have 16 and 1000.

The rest of the stuff is on par with the comp BUT as time goes on, comps get better and better whereas the xbox one will be STUCK as it is.

Games have already had content cut out because consoles wouldn't be able to keep up (Like co op in AC. Not making sense in a story my ass. That didn't stop them in Splinter Cell). They lag behind and I hate them with a passion because console gamers say things like "No one needs that" and "A console's for gaming even though you've made a clear case as to why games arn't getting the most content because of console limitation".

Pisses. Me. Off.

First no Halo on PC because Vista was bugged to shit and now Microsoft pull this crap. Future looks bleak for all if you ask me.

End rant.

And I hear the PS4 will be little better.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-05-31 at 07:51 PM.
Old 2013-06-01, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Crator
Major General

Consoles are bread and butter for gaming industry due to affordability over the PCs though. That's why they thrive... I've always been more of a PC gamer myself though.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Consoles are bread and butter for gaming industry due to affordability over the PCs though. That's why they thrive... I've always been more of a PC gamer myself though.
A good PC costs less then 1300 quid (16 gig ram, 1000 gig hard drive, i7 3.4 CPU and 660 TI graphics card). An xbox elite (Or was it a slim?) costs around 600-700.

PC games are cheaper (Not to mention you get tons of FREE games on them yet not on consoles. Like PS2). I get most from 5-15 with the odd 20 quid game. Most console games I see are at LEAST 20 (this is second hand but even brand new pc games are 10 quid cheaper then the console ones).

360 comes out with not so efficient hardware as a good PC for its time and lags on Halo Reach. People get the NEXT crappy console to play the newer games whereas with a PC you can just replace a part of two (cheaper). Elite comes out and then slim and most xbox gamers will buy at least ONE of those.

PC's are more expensive then a single console, but they last longer. Time is money. Therefor money is saved by having better hardware longer.

Compare my pc with the xbox one which isn't quite as efficient. As time goes on, it will lag behind more and more and as a result games will have content removed or not added due to console limitations unless said games are only on the pc.

And finally, planetside 2 IS a game. With voice chat being used over typing. If consoles are the bread and butter for gaming then why aren't games like this on them? (keyboard wouldn't even have to be included).

Sorry if that comes across as offensive but it really rattles me up when people say consoles are "the bread and butter" of games or "PC's are shit because I haven't played them because every comp I seen in this school is shit even though they're not made for games".

Also, mods (some are games in there own right).

Anyway, gaming PC's are more expensive but also last longer (provided you get one BUILT for games) which balances out the price.

I don't mind what statements people make but please back it up with proof.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion