New update allows very low settings players to see infiltrators now??!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The bastard child of Hamma and Jennyboo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-10-06, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SkyrimHrothgar
Private

New update allows very low settings players to see infiltrators now??!!

Since my computer is a toaster, I have to run it on very low settings at 500 render distance. I'm was barely able to see infils and my cloaked self. However, the new update forces it! Interesting. I highly doubt it, but maybe SOE optimized the game enough so that very low players can see them as much as medium-ultra players can now w/o a drop in FPS. PS2 and optimization don't really go together nowadays, though.
Old 2014-10-06, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Belhade
Sergeant

Re: New update allows very low settings players to see infiltrators now??!!

I was noticing cloakers last night too; I think my toaster is set to Medium. Though, I've always been able to see cloakers within <10m or so I believe...
Old 2014-10-08, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

I noticed this evening that on medium they are crazy easy to see while moving. I was looking out though the vehicle bay shield of a bio lab and saw a guy run passed quite a ways away, roughly half way to the outer wall of the base. That one was really shocking to see. Other times I just ran behind them as if they weren't even cloaked at all.

All this while getting some really annoying micro stuttering...
Old 2014-10-17, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

I am being seen quite easily it seems the last week or so... as if it wasn't bad enough that the playerbase that plays 80% of the time with the class that has the automatic 'I Win' button...
Old 2014-10-17, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Still if we can see them easier now that I win button is less effective, always thought stealth was a horrible idea... theres a reason almost every BR100 I see has settled on a inf with a smg as the most powerful class...
Old 2014-10-17, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Still if we can see them easier now that I win button is less effective, always thought stealth was a horrible idea... theres a reason almost every BR100 I see has settled on a inf with a smg as the most powerful class...
The 'I Win' button is the heavy shield.
Old 2014-10-18, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SkyrimHrothgar
Private

Now that low settings players like me can see infiltrators, my K/D ratio will be 420!
Old 2014-10-18, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Jaybonaut View Post
The 'I Win' button is the heavy shield.
Hardly, it lets you survive maybe a second longer while stealth lets you escape almost any situation and can give you 1-2 seconds drop on people making it the ultimate win button. Most kills that aren't just people camping shooting at each other are got by getting behind the enemy and shooting from an unexpected angle, infs can do this better than anybody with their mega i win button
Old 2014-10-18, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

No recoil/CoF and ESP hacks appear to be the most prevalent "I Win Button" in PS2. Most people don't use them, so it's laughably clear when someone does.

"No. You are bad and they are awesome!!!!11!!!!1" - Lance Armstrong.
Old 2014-10-18, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Well not many may use all of them but I imagine a lot remove just 1 or perhaps reduce them instead of removing them.

Sad fact is if the only way they catch hackers is by them using very obvious hacks so you can't help but notice then it would be easy to just say increase your health by 10% , reduce recoil 20%, reduce cof 20%, and nobody would notice. Hell you could even have a hack for infinite ammo, whos going to notice 1 person not running out of ammo in a game where people die non stop and you can pickup ammo from the floor vie engis?
Old 2014-10-22, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mordelicius
Major

I don't bother reporting hackers/griefers/exploiters anymore with a support ticket. It's obvious our reports are set aside/pigeonholed, then later automatically rubberstamped as "resolved" because nobody had a chance to process it in time. This means they dont' have enough GMs.
Old 2014-10-22, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SkyrimHrothgar
Private

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
I don't bother reporting hackers/griefers/exploiters anymore with a support ticket. It's obvious our reports are set aside/pigeonholed, then later automatically rubberstamped as "resolved" because nobody had a chance to process it in time. This means they dont' have enough GMs.
How do you know?
Old 2014-10-22, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by SkyrimHrothgar View Post
How do you know?
Because they send you an email 2 weeks later saying they didn't really 'investigated' since you didn't provide the additional information they asked for (huh? ) hence they will just mark it as "resolved" for that technical reason.

What additional information do they want? I don't know. All the information needed was already provided at the initial ticket. No additional requests were given. It's simply a technical loophole they devise to close tickets and mark them as "resolved". In short, too many tickets, not enough GMs.
Old 2014-11-14, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Hardly, it lets you survive maybe a second longer while stealth lets you escape almost any situation and can give you 1-2 seconds drop on people making it the ultimate win button. Most kills that aren't just people camping shooting at each other are got by getting behind the enemy and shooting from an unexpected angle, infs can do this better than anybody with their mega i win button
Most played: Heavy. Least played: Infiltrator.

Yeah, like you would understand.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion