The darkness - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Tell 'em why Earl!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-10, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Morphic
Private

The darkness

Anyone else loving seeing fighting at night? Its so nice and dark. I hope they dont make it any lighter whatsoever. Gives it such a wonderful effect of the fighting.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Re: The darkness

Originally Posted by Morphic View Post
Anyone else loving seeing fighting at night? Its so nice and dark. I hope they dont make it any lighter whatsoever. Gives it such a wonderful effect of the fighting.
I like it, but I'm hoping that they put some actual lighting inside the bases... the whole AMP station looked like it was on reserve power the entirety of E3.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vanu Techpriest
Corporal

I'll probably have to turn my gamma up. Some of the video's I saw looked pitch black but I'll have to wait and see how it looks in-game.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

It was pitch black! That was the point

Rather than turning up gamma, invest in a flashlight for your rifle, or an IR scope.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Meh im skeptical of night. Players will do everything to get an advantage, so if turning up your gamma helps then that's what everyone will do and because everyone does it so will i
Old 2012-06-10, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

I won't. I'll be shining my flashlight in your eyes and blinding you ala BF3 since your gamma is so high!

(note, I don't mean that flashlights should usually blind people, I just think it'd be an effective anti-gamma tactic)
Old 2012-06-10, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Love how dark it was at night, though I could understand the degree of it differing from continent to continent for some more diverse gameplay.

If I got purely what I wanted, I'd have them keep it just as dark as it was at E3.

Originally Posted by I SandRock
Meh im skeptical of night. Players will do everything to get an advantage, so if turning up your gamma helps then that's what everyone will do and because everyone does it so will i
I'll just use a nifty IR sight

Last edited by Knightwyvern; 2012-06-10 at 05:07 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

Infared sights and flashlights will be better than turning up gamma I think.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
CutterJohn
Colonel

I play in a well lit room, which destroys the contrast of any night visuals, making it impossible to see.

If pumping my gamma doesn't work, I'll just go to a different continent for the duration.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zebasiz
Corporal

I loved the night footage. It's just beautiful with the tracer fire and explosions in the distance. I can't wait to see it in person.

Having lighting inside the base would be nice. Hopefully other bases will have invested in some floresent lighting. I think that would even make an interesting dynamic. Imagin being inside the base looking out. Since it's so bright n there and dark outside you have zero night vision and can't see anyone. While the attackers can see you just fine. If done right I think it could work without being unfair for the defenders.

And just think about when the weather system is up! You could have an overcast night that is FULLY pitch black. While a cloudless night with the moon(s?) would be brighter. It would make each night a bit unique.
Oh imagine if the clouds cast shadows? Being sneaky and walking in the shadow of a cloud at night as it moves so you arn't seen. =3
Old 2012-06-10, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Resolve
Corporal

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I play in a well lit room, which destroys the contrast of any night visuals, making it impossible to see.

If pumping my gamma doesn't work, I'll just go to a different continent for the duration.
dim your lights or turn them off? ...
Old 2012-06-10, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
dim your lights or turn them off? ...
Considering that those are ridiculously simple solutions and I'm relatively sure CutterJohn isn't a Hamster.. I think that there is a good reason why he plays games this way.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Agreed, it looked gorgeous.

Could use a few stadium lamps here and there and maybe a spotlight or 5 around the bigger bases/towers for players to use (ground and air, think WW2 PoW prisons and London Blitz movies), for atmosphere as well as giving pilots/sneaky types that (OH SHI#!) moment.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IMMentat View Post
Agreed, it looked gorgeous.

Could use a few stadium lamps here and there and maybe a spotlight or 5 around the bigger bases/towers for players to use (ground and air, think WW2 PoW prisons and London Blitz movies), for atmosphere as well as giving pilots/sneaky types that (OH SHI#!) moment.
I agree, there should definitely be spot lights to keep the base relatively lit up. Not so much that the effect of night is lost, but the courtyards of the bases should have some sort of lighting.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Shigins
Private

if someone wants to turn their gamma up on me ill just set some tanks on fire near me so they get over exposed... nah if done correctly gamma increase won't help that much depends how they coded the nighttime.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion