AGN: Community Clash FC vs TIW - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside doesn't already take enough of your time, eh?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-29, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Community Clash FC vs TIW

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yea sorry guys, the Test Server was unplayable and doing this on live simply won't work. September 4th at 8PM tunein!
cool, on my birthday.. I will consider it a prrsent from PSU <3

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-08-30, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Falcon_br
Captain

I have a person that I know on TIW, Yooko:
https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428011263288535313

He and Kabei and one of the best maxes players on the server. I am eager to see them fighting zoe maxes.

Of course I want the VS to Win, but I am sure it won´t be an easy match.

Normally when my squad is facing TIW, we do like this, c4 on a TIW max, normally Kabei or Yooko, camp his body, they really care about k/d so several medics from TIW will come to resurrect them, we kill those medics and force then to leave, because they don´t accept losing K/D, they only pick easy fights.
The c4 is required because on a squad of 12, normally they have 5 medics and 5 engineers and 2 maxes, on a bio lab, I call those maxes as leaders and the medics and engineers as slaves.
They also run with a full medic squad, so they don´t lose k/d, when they do that, we max crash on their face.
They also spawn on camped bases, grab a sniper rifle or a max and keep shooting from the spawn shield, today toks5 was doing that on all bases the adrenaline/hell angels platoon was attacking during the Indar event.
Because I know yooko I always taunt him, like, get out the respawn room, come outside, be a man and face me! But he never does it. I know him since the first days of the game, so I know he is a coward that only cares about k/d and certs, he is also the person who did the scatmaxes are not OP video, posted here several times for the scatmaxes lovers, a person with 6.000 kill with each scatmax arm, really think his weapon is not op, I really want to see he facing a zoe max, just be ready, he uses charge to don´t let zoe maxes run away!

For those that don´t know TIW:
https://players.planetside2.com/#!/o...09507321450042

They normally recruit all NC on the TOP 100 NC leaderboard to his Outfit, that´s how they work, place all high BR players on a single squad and keep harassing the enemy for cheap certs.

I really think a mix of High BR / Low BR is what work on this game, when building a platoon I always try to make the most even distribution ever, so the good ones can help the bad ones to archive more in the field.
But sometimes it is really bad to join a pub platoon and see that the highest BR in the platoon is BR 20.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-09-04, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sorry guys but the test server is still busted we have had to delay this once again until the 11th. We are working on some things to hopefully limit our reliance on Test in the future.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-09-05, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Sorry guys but the test server is still busted we have had to delay this once again until the 11th. We are working on some things to hopefully limit our reliance on Test in the future.
What are these things? The power to lock out a cont? Your own server? I'm intrigued.
Old 2013-09-05, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
NightmareMan
Private

I fell into a deep slumber the other night and had a dream that I would like share.

In the dream I was walking down a long dark hallway with a very dim light at the end and only darkness behind. The hall was lined with ominous doors of deep reds, dark blues, ominous yellows, and inky blacks. I continued forward knowing that Vanu's love would keep me strong as I had accepted his tentacled embrace long ago. As I continued on the doors slowly began to open and shadowy figures began to lash out and strike me.

I began to run for the light as the demons in the dark increased their onslaught. Eventually I was felled to my knees from a mighty blow and began to crawl as the monsters laughed in delight, kicking and stomping with glee. Nearly at the end of my strength I sent out a silent prayer to Vanu: "Lord, aid me in my time of need!" Then there was a bright light that pushed the creatures back in fear and voice above me whispered "Stand brother, stand..."

As I looked up I gazed upon a group of strong young men, muscular, glitter coated bodies sparkling in the bright light, clad only in speedos and cradling long powerful looking weapons in their hands I knew I had been saved. As I stood they handed me a weapon and said to me "Come brother, lets us cleanse the darkness from this place." We turned as one and opened fire upon those shadowy figures, dowsing them with our holy light. The holy weapons throbbed in our hands as thick luminous globs of sticky white love coated everything as the shadowy figures were covered in our orgy of vengeance! The scene before me eventually became so bright I had to close my eyes against it's grandeur.

When I finally opened my eyes I was in a fantastical land of unicorns and rainbows. I looked up and the sun was our Lord Vanu shining down upon us, too bright to fully gaze upon, his distinct tentacles writhing around him. All the shadowy figures had been transformed into Care Bears! We began to frolic and dance, enjoying this new boon granted to us, I dove into a lake filled with rainbows and when I came up I was back in my bed well rested and unafraid.

The message Vanu sent me that night was clear: believe in me and I will lead you back to that promised land. Our path is the future as we move forward as all other paths lead to death and stagnation. We will harm you, hurt you, and force you back into the holy respawning tubes so that Vanu can bless you again and again with the sacred nanites. Vanu is love and we are his holy acolytes. May you taste the rainbow forever.

Amen.

-The Vanu Pope
Old 2013-09-05, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by NightmareMan View Post
Awesome
Is this the man that dressed up like the pope at SOE live? AWESOME

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2013-09-05, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
Is this the man that dressed up like the pope at SOE live? AWESOME
Indeed it is.
Old 2013-09-05, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Mordelicius
Major

The constant delays are driving up the anticipation for this matchup even more.
Old 2013-09-11, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hamma
PSU Admin

We finally got this match underway tonight and it was a blast to watch - recording in the next day or two!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-09-11, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Runklite
Private

So FC just absolutely smashed TIW.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

What a surprise.
Old 2013-09-12, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Mordelicius
Major

Forgot about this and missed it. There was an epic, cliffhanger Indar Waterson alert (NC won! 34% NC 33% TR 32% VS).

Anyway, just saw the replay. Some objective thoughts:

1) FC is most organized Vanu group i've seen fight, they earned the hype for sure. These guys are pretty in sync. They are, imo, easily better than Zaps or Xoo in Waterson.

2) FC dominating TiW is not what I expected. Props to them, they are a much well oiled machine. It's like they have a hive mind.

3) Despite that, I don't believe the gap between the two aren't that very apart. I think FC know each other really well, while TiW is more about directions and instincts.

If anyone have read my numerous GU feedback/posts I've always complained about Vanu being OP, esp their ZOE and guns.

But imo, i think if everyone has equal things, FC still much more organized, but the gap in terms of skill isn't as big as what the fight had shown.

Again, that's my objective opinion. TiW need more practice if they hope to uppend FC soon.

I'm really curious what other collection of NC can compete like this. if TiW struggles like this, then who else can fight? In Waterson, although the balance of strengh are pretty much spread out (some more diluted. ex. DVS has a strong core). In terms of being stacked, TiW comes out of top. I also note some of their new members are originally from other outfits.

4) Having said that, NUC, is imo their last obstacle. I haven't seen other outfits that can compete at this level (not to say there aren't any European ones that can, but only in terms of what I've seen).

Curious though, NUC relies more on combined arms in fighting. Although, they are even more stacked than TiW, it's going to be interesting how they can tailor their fights under the community clash rules.

Their suffocating turtle defense on points and surroundings with Maxes, Engies, and Medics vs FC's mobility, flexibility and even unpredictability will be most interesting to see. See, NUC relies on alot of things including vehicles. I haven't seen FC on vehicles yet.

Community Clash Suggestion:

My only suggestion is maybe have a platoon each and two close bases. Allow them to fight it out the same way, instead of just bases. Then switch the bases for both sides as usual.

Last thoughts, the Community Clash show was fun to watch and was well presented and organized (thank you). (As a personally biased aside, I'm sad the NC Waterson contingent didn't win . I think if there will ever be a rematch they will be much more ready)

Hope to see Future Crew vs NUC eventually. That will be even more brutal.
Old 2013-09-12, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Falcon_br
Captain

What I saw was:
FC is here since day one, fighting side by side since day one, they know each member on the outfit by his real name. They know what anyone is good at and make specialization in roles to work good. They use military talking and strategy.
TIW is a reunion all top 100 leaderboard players on waterson, they come from multiple outfits, most of then are on TIW no longer then two months.
They play several roles, because when everyone is BR 100, they are tired of doing farming and they are trying new stuff and they lose his specialization role with that. TIW is just feared because they only move in big groups with big guns, it is common to see TIW doing max crashers to defend a tower, and they always rush to the enemy sunderer, normal outfit don´t have that many resouces or numbers to stop then, and we can´t forget they always have players with BR lower then 100 playing with medics and engineers just to keep then alive, I call those guys, TI slaves.
Always camp a TIW body, it is sure medics are coming to resurrect him if he is BR 100.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-09-12, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I cant wait to see this on youtube.

Some thoughts on FC. Ive fought Fc several times. And each and every member is rock solid. But there are a couple of these guys that outshine everyone. They are the rock that the entire outfit pivots off of. If you can get over a thousand kills with a flare gun and make it look easy. Rediculous...

Between TwF, Itzmurda and ScourgeoftheServer you probably have the three best players in planetside 2. Surround those guys with awesome players and you really have an unstoppable force.
Old 2013-09-12, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Looking forward to watching this on youtube.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion