So apparently, Pandarens really are coming to WoW... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: OMG, they got skeeters up the yin yang!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > World of Warcraft Discussion

Old 2011-10-27, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Traak
Colonel

Re: So apparently, Pandarens really are coming to WoW...

Wow!
Old 2011-10-27, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ikon
Master Sergeant

i saw the new expansion announcement via a restream.

such a joke... wow is so far gone.

thank god for hots/d3
Old 2011-10-27, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Wow!
I see what you did there.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-15, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I played this game until level 70 and I quit, not my kind of game. I gave it a good effort.

But let me get this straight, they are adding fucking panda bear men? Like kung fu panda? and this is legit / official?
Kung Fu Panda is based on the Pandarens. =P

But seriously, they had these things in WC3. I just assumed they were a joke(since Blizzard loves jokes). Almost glad I never played WoW.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-02-15, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Graywolves
General

Because the bearmen, the hawkman, the deermen, the fishmen, the wolfmen, the cowmen, and the treemen was just enough right?
Old 2012-02-16, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
robocpf1
First Sergeant

I played Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne for years, I remember when they introduced the Pandaren. Later when I watched Kung Fu Panda I remember feeling some deja vu.

Now, I have never played WoW so take this with a grain of salt but...the trolls in WC3 talked kind of like Jamaicans. The Tauren were really just bulls that stood on two legs and attacked people with giant totem poles. Orc Raiders ride wolves into battle.

I would not be too bothered about panda warriors at this stage.
Old 2012-02-26, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Trolls have a pretty obvious Jamaican accent, yeah. Tauren are minotaurs. These aren't too unusual. Pandaren, though, are more of a thing I'd envision tiny babies preferring. Big, fuzzy, cute, chubby, adorable panda men are sort of odd for playable races in WoW. The game is kind of dumb and goofy to begin with, but playable panda men are another level.

On the other hand, I look forward to seeing more of the new terrain. Chinese-themed fantasy terrain has the potential to look really cool. I might actually get the expansion at some point and return for a month to try it on like I've done for the previous expansions.
Old 2012-04-01, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ait'al
Contributor
General

They should have put like Avriens. The greek flying race or something.. Starting flying abilities etc. Go DND on everyones ass and do air mages. 8d
Old 2012-04-01, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Vancha
Colonel

Well, having seen some of the MoP content, it's classic WoW. They fit in just as well, if not better than the space-goats, cow-men, blueberry elves and bright-green brutes.

Unfortunately, being classic WoW makes it entirely uninteresting to me. It'll be the same experience as BC, WOTLK and Cata.
Old 2012-06-04, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I actually disagree with that, I don't think they fit in at all. Warcraft is a fantasy genre that's all about stuff being badass. Huge shoulder armor, everyone is either a sexy broad or a steroid-abusing macho man, swords bigger than houses, etc etc. Pandas, meanwhile, are not badass. But... they attempted to make them badass. They didn't just say "fuck it" and run with the theme of them being fat retarded panda-men, no. Instead, they're totally badass ninja masters. It's like they were compelled to make panda bears playable, but realized people would think that was dumb and wanted to assuage those concerns somewhat by giving them super awesome karate skills.

Ultimately I'm not sure what it was. Their #1 artist, Samwise Didier, has a huge nerd-crush on anthropomorphic pandas. He's done a ton of art all about samurai/kung-fu panda bear men even before they were put into Warcraft 3 as an April Fools joke and, later, as an expansion hero. So either it's that, or it genuinely is an attempt to court a larger Chinese/Asian market share. I dunno. Either way they're pretty dumb. Warcraft has always been dumb and a stupid setting that made no sense, but even for Warcraft panda men are dumb.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-06-04 at 11:24 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Unfortunately, being classic WoW makes it entirely uninteresting to me. It'll be the same experience as BC, WOTLK and Cata.
If it were the same experience as BC I'd be playing it. It's the ever-increasing ability/complexity/mechanics-bloat that makes it unplayable, more so than stylistic concerns.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > World of Warcraft Discussion