News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 78 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Free hot naked pics for donators.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-02, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1156
Kevin D Lee
Private

Re: PlanetSide 2 Region Lock (SOE is working on Resolution)

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
I would be happy for this game to be region locked. Having players from the US on the Eu server would just strain the server more, have lag/warping issues and take spots from people that are actually from that region and deserve them.

I don't want to experience any problems with people who can't stick to their own region.
I need to agree with him. Having EU players in our region would only make keeping a MMOFPS lag-free even harder.

Sorry to you EU guys, I know your community for gaming isn't quite so big as it is here in NA
Old 2012-07-02, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1157
ThGlump
Captain

Dont force to play under different company and im all for region lock. Otherwise ill play on server where i can keep my SOE account even if it mean higher ping.

But really both views on region lock was already said in this thread and was resolved. Read it all before posting.
Old 2012-07-02, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1158
Talented Maori
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
I would be happy for this game to be region locked. Having players from the US on the Eu server would just strain the server more, have lag/warping issues and take spots from people that are actually from that region and deserve them.

I don't want to experience any problems with people who can't stick to their own region.
Well Im pretty sure there will not be a New Zealand server so Im going to be forced to join an overseas server. As NZ is part of the Commonwealth I would probably be locked to the EU server, which would be on the other side of the Globe and create MAD lag for me. Im hoping I can join a West coast US server as I suspect the lag would be less, so I hope they don't lock me into pingin to EU. I am sorry if this ruins you gaming experience....., actually, no, Im not, for I too am looking for a gaming experience that suits me.., not you. So I hope they don't region lock the servers.

Last edited by Talented Maori; 2012-07-02 at 05:22 PM.
Old 2012-07-02, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1159
Kran De Loy
Captain

Again.

There is no Region Lock. Done. Period. Finished. Stop.

Assuming that I, a US player can not play on a US server because too many Euros have poplocked the server is the same as assuming that there is going to be only one server.

Sorry, but that's just dumb. SOE will of course have multiple servers, probably a little more than enough for each region's population load. Also populations have a tendency to sort themselves out since most people go to where they can play the 'most reliably with the most people' rather than the 'with most people the most reliably'.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion