Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: o_O
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-04-04, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay

EDIT: Nevermind what I just said. Smed clarified as I was typing.

Thank goodness we have a CEO that will take the time to address our anxieties directly.

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-04-04 at 01:52 PM.
Old 2011-04-04, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

thank you for taking the time to reply and showing an interest in a very passionate fanbase.
Old 2011-04-04, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
CGar
Private

CEO's actually replying, and quite a big reply at that too.

I'm happy

I hope you guys are able to make the best game you can, Planetside Next has the potential to be massive!

Just remember to start the PR hype machine for strangers to the series as well, Planetside needs fresh blood to keep chugging!
Old 2011-04-04, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

A wild smedley appears
Smedley uses FACTS
IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Community uses "WANT MOAR INFOS"
it missed

So, how long? Seriously, there is a GIANT bunch of people lurking in the shadows, waiting...
I know that whatever you did just delayed stuff, and that you cant show us something you dont have, but what you have is the basic concept of the game, the basic idea of what Planetside Next Will be. Please, just tell us once and for all what to expect from the game. Will it be a sequel, or will it be some crazy RPG abomination that just happens to be called Planetside?
Old 2011-04-04, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ant001
Corporal

I know you are also a fan of ps and so you must know how much we as ps players need this new game . We will be even more loyal if you give us regular updates.even telling us once a week in a short message to say how its progressing. I know I'm dreaming but what the hell.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-04-04, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Smed
CEO Sony Online

Someone asked if this is a sequel.

It is.

Smed
Old 2011-04-04, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Snakie
Private

Originally Posted by Smed View Post
What I have been trying to do is to keep the folks at PSU updated because you guys are the most loyal Planetside fans. Ive released stuff ahead of any marketing or PR push. Recently ( a few weeks ago actually) we made the call to update the game to a new internally developed engine. Doing that meant delaying the game, but we thought it was in the best interests of Planetside Next. It also means delaying releasing further info for a little while. I will let you all know more when we firm up the schedule. The likely next step is a larger scale release of information and the beta signups going up. As I've said previously current Planetside subs will be included automatically.

Normally when we do game announcements we do a much bigger concerted information push all at once and these kind of one off posts don't happen. In this case I feel like the Planetside audience has hung in with us for a long time and I really want to involve you all more in advance of the official info. However what happens is everything gets carried across the net and the actual info gets changed. I'm sorry for that happening. We will do our best to keep you informed early. But that necessarily means that sometimes when things change you have to be ready for that too.

Smed
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of this and ease many peoples minds in the process
Old 2011-04-04, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Someone asked if this is a sequel.

It is.

Smed
Where can i pre order?
Old 2011-04-04, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Dorest0rm
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

The next question that should be answered would be if the 3 empires remain.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-04-04, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Smed
CEO Sony Online

Originally Posted by Dorest0rm View Post
The next question that should be answered would be if the 3 empires remain.
They do

Smed
Old 2011-04-04, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
TRex
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
I know you are also a fan of ps and so you must know how much we as ps players need this new game
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement ^^

I only know of 2 games that in my mind that 'get' the idea of an mmo with pvp , namely Dark Age Of Camelot and Planetisde. 3 factions . Both were held is such high regard by those that played and fond memories of them.

Planetside is so unique because of the fundamental notion that a BR1 character can square up to a BR40 and have a chance with skill of winning. Absolutely none of the level related rubbish of the higher player having +5 armour and evading every attack simply due to level.

We get nothing for capturing empty bases , we get everything for defeating and killing the enemy ie pvp .

Keep up the good work , and last but not least , let the world know about it this time. I honestly believe the world needs a change from the derivative mmo type pvp they have had to put up with ..if only they knew about Planetside .
Old 2011-04-04, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

They do

Smed
Okay, so you keep lurking for a bit more and fill us with some infos? Dude, i love you. The only other CEO i could think of who ever did that is Scott Brown, but even he wasnt just dropping down on a fan site to answere random stuff.

Well, but as you are around, and we shall exploit that: Will it be a one planet Auraxis again?
And, will the mighty Interlink Dagda be around?
Old 2011-04-04, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Insinfinity
Private

Some great news. Thanks for taking the time to ring in.

I am, as one poster put it, 'lurking in the shadows'. There are tons of people out there who would flood back to PS in a heartbeat. I stumbled across Planetside by accident back in 2003 and it was one of the best accidents I ever had.

Look forward to PS Next sooner or later.
Old 2011-04-04, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Miir
Malvision

They do,
Smed
Thanks for taking the time to reply John.

I was starting to get worried about VS being left out of the sequel and you have put my mind at rest.

ps... give us another screen shot dammit!
Old 2011-04-04, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
wolfkrone
Corporal

Smed is a top guy, I am embarrassed by those people who do not appreciate his efforts in bringing us this early information.

New engine, wow, sounds like it might be quite a long wait.

Last edited by wolfkrone; 2011-04-04 at 03:21 PM. Reason: badly worded
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion