News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We meant well! Honest!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-21, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
basti...

AKA, as a european player, my station account will not be able to access PS2.
I'm a European player; after I create my ProSieben account, will my SOE account be shut down?

Your SOE account will not be shut down, but you will only be able to play the above mentioned games through a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. As discussed above, we will provide a simple way to have your characters and game progress transferred and the value of your Station Cash granted to your new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. Also, existing EverQuest II players in Europe that have played on U.S. servers before the transition will be allowed to continue playing on those servers through their SOE accounts.

Once again: IT IS NOT REGION LOCKED!
Old 2012-02-21, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Marth Koopa
Banned

Originally Posted by KALU View Post
Can anyone tell me how this affects Australian players? Will we be locked with Asian servers reading a language we don't understand? Or play as we always have with the west cost servers in the States?
If you are serious about video games and still live in Australia, you're doing something wrong.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by KALU View Post
Can anyone tell me how this affects Australian players? Will we be locked with Asian servers reading a language we don't understand? Or play as we always have with the west cost servers in the States?
This has no impact on OZ/NZ players ...... The SOE/Pro7 deal only includes European/Scandanavian countries
Old 2012-02-21, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shnipah

Basti

Can players still access the U.S. servers?

Under the new partnership between SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games, European players of the above mentioned SOE games will be able to play via ProSiebenSat.1 Games's service and will not have access to U.S. servers. However, existing EverQuest II players in Europe that have played on U.S. servers before the transition will be allowed to continue playing on those servers through their SOE accounts.

Can U.S. players log on to the European servers?

U.S.-based players will have access to the U.S. servers only.

That very much too me suggests you will be region locked.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
bjorntju1
Captain

Thumbs down Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I'm a European player; after I create my ProSieben account, will my SOE account be shut down?

Your SOE account will not be shut down, but you will only be able to play the above mentioned games through a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. As discussed above, we will provide a simple way to have your characters and game progress transferred and the value of your Station Cash granted to your new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. Also, existing EverQuest II players in Europe that have played on U.S. servers before the transition will be allowed to continue playing on those servers through their SOE accounts.

Your SOE account will not be shut down, but you will only be able to play the above mentioned games through a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account.
Looks like it
Old 2012-02-21, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ThGlump
Captain

Ok seem this is the new thread for this so im reposting my rage

Worst is that no matter how we cry it wont change anything. They wouldnt get any money from us anyway so even if we refuse this system, for soe it mean nothing.

For euro player is only bad things:
Migration to new system (and back when it fails in few years)
Pointless forums (i expect that we wont be able to post on us forum without us account) - with no dev or anybody who know anything about game to communicate with us.
Incompetent customer support - theyll be able to reset you account pwd but notthing more. Complicated stuff will go through soe with serious delay or just being ignored
Bad dev support - weird bugs that will be only in EU version and or in US US will be ignored, or very low priority.
Possible stripping of additional services - promised access to game statistics for third party programs, and other stuff? Very probably only in US version and pro7 wont give us access to it.

This isnt anything i just pulled from my ass. This is real experience with same partnership between turbine and codemasters in lotro, including CM shutting down game after 2 years and migration back to turbine. Forums dead, communicanion and customer support almost nonexistent, ignored bugs, web access to game data only in US etc.

How we can believe pro7 will be any different? CM had atleast some online game experience. Pro7 has none. So it will be even worse.

What can we done to play on your servers SOE? We want to play under you. We will bring you profit.
Why kick us out?

Dont buy anything from pro7 cash shop. make them bankrupt
Old 2012-02-21, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vash02
Major

the FAQ you just quoted categorically stated the European players will not be able to access
DC UniverseTM Online, EverQuest® II, Star Wars®: Clone Wars AdventuresTM, Free Realms®, Magic: The Gathering - Tactics®, Pox Nora®, the upcoming PlanetSide® 2, and the next installment of the EverQuest® franchise.
with their station accounts.

Your SOE account will not be shut down, but you will only be able to play the above mentioned games through a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

EDIT: okay, so it looks like people can still play cross-borders.

Last edited by SniperSteve; 2012-02-21 at 02:55 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Garem
Sergeant

Pro7 is a media conglomerate group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProSiebenSat.1_Media

So bankrupting them won't happen. They're worth billions of Euros. Billions.

I'd be interested to see if we can't get a unified voice to the Devs to act on our behalf to get us one of two things:
(1) an international server in New York, Iceland, Ireland for Transatlantic play.
(2) a big apology and explanation for the need to do this with a name of who is responsible to, at some point after launch, get us request #1.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raymac
Brigadier General

I'm not trying to troll because I do feel for you players across the pond, but high ping in a shooter sucks major monkeyballs. So there is an upside.

Old 2012-02-21, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Okay, Enough. I explain it once again, so you goddamn fools understand it.

IT
IS
NOT
REGION
LOCKED!

Got that? Nope? Then listen.

Obviously theres a difference in EU and US games now. A EU EQ2 isnt a US EQ2. It uses a different account system alltogether, and buying a new EQ in europe would only work for the European account system.
The same applys to the accounts itself. If you transfer your games and characters from SOE to Europe, its gone on the SOE account (just as the servers. Pro7 takes over all the Euro stuff, means your Euro servers wont be under the SOE account system anymore).

Yet there is nothing, absolutly nothing stopping you from being in Europe, creating a SOE account, and playing on some american servers. No region lock, no fancy stuff, nothing.
The damn faq is just badly badly written. Whoever wrote that should be fired really, its damn obvious that people could pick it up the wrong way.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Thanks Basti for clarifying.

Do you secretly work for SOE or something? lol
Old 2012-02-21, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Vash02
Major

Okay, Enough. I explain it once again, so you goddamn fools understand it.

IT
IS
NOT
REGION
LOCKED!

Got that? Nope? Then listen.

Obviously theres a difference in EU and US games now. A EU EQ2 isnt a US EQ2. It uses a different account system alltogether, and buying a new EQ in europe would only work for the European account system.
The same applys to the accounts itself. If you transfer your games and characters from SOE to Europe, its gone on the SOE account (just as the servers. Pro7 takes over all the Euro stuff, means your Euro servers wont be under the SOE account system anymore).

Yet there is nothing, absolutly nothing stopping you from being in Europe, creating a SOE account, and playing on some american servers. No region lock, no fancy stuff, nothing.
The damn faq is just badly badly written. Whoever wrote that should be fired really, its damn obvious that people could pick it up the wrong way.
How else can you intepret that FAQ?

Do you have anything to contradict this?

Edit: Ok I can see how you can say the Euro players can still play on US servers if they dont make a pro7 account. but still there is nothing that states Planetside 2 will not be region locked.

Last edited by Vash02; 2012-02-21 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Raymac
Brigadier General

But the FAQs state that European players CANNOT play on US servers and vice versa.

Old 2012-02-21, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
ThGlump
Captain

There is no way im creating pro7 account. If i can play on US server with soe account i have now thats cool (but i doubt it). Then ill play on US servers even if it mean 1000+ ping (but usually had like 130-150 in ps1)
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion