News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your mom's new boyfriend
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-21, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Vash02
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Originally Posted by basti View Post
And for those wondering why i assume no region lock: because its within the text itself. Read the FAQ again.

I'm a European player; after I create my ProSieben account, will my SOE account be shut down?

Your SOE account will not be shut down, but you will only be able to play the above mentioned games through a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. As discussed above, we will provide a simple way to have your characters and game progress transferred and the value of your Station Cash granted to your new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. Also, existing EverQuest II players in Europe that have played on U.S. servers before the transition will be allowed to continue playing on those servers through their SOE accounts.

This is the important part. This, nothing else tells me that there is no IP lock in place.

But all the Euro servers will move over to Pro7. Means all characters on them will only be playable via Pro7 accounts.
Why would they bother to lock you into your Pro7 account if it isnt region locked?

I dont like having to make this choice, to keep my vet benifets on the US servers and be locked out of euro servers or to transfer them to an unknown previously german only company and locked out of the US servers.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
ThGlump
Captain

Your SOE account will not be shut down, but you will only be able to play the above mentioned games through a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. As discussed above, we will provide a simple way to have your characters and game progress transferred and the value of your Station Cash granted to your new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. Also, existing EverQuest II players in Europe that have played on U.S. servers before the transition will be allowed to continue playing on those servers through their SOE accounts.

This is the important part. This, nothing else tells me that there is no IP lock in place.

But all the Euro servers will move over to Pro7. Means all characters on them will only be playable via Pro7 accounts.
Well this means if you have char on EQII server you are not forced to move. But what it tells about completely new game where you have no connections to soe servers and characters there?
And i bold important part. Before transition. After that EU players wont be able to crate account/char there. Its only for continuity, not to make players too much angry.

Originally Posted by Marth Koopa View Post
Get over it. Play on your Euro servers and make new Euro friends.
Almost all my friends are from Werner (euro server). I dont know where theyll play yet, but i wont play on euro servers. US servers (and i hope i convince many friends to come there too), or nothing. Not under pro7 rule.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

SOE need to clear this up pretty dam fucking fast, or the shit is going to hit the roof!
Old 2012-02-21, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Considering we have many US players in our outfit, it's pretty much fucked things up and it's very disappointing.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
ThGlump
Captain

And its clear soe did bad move with this, since they starting to remove post from they feedback thread. It wasnt that offensive Morto None of the bad words was properly spelled
Old 2012-02-21, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Cyborgmatt
Private

Misc Info

I'm sorry Basti but until we get an answer from Sony or Higby we can't say 100% for sure what they mean so please stop posting unless other whise unless you have a source.

From my own interpretation from the text it sounds like the region lock is forced upon us, hence why people are suggesting IP locking etc.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Cyborgmatt
Private

Misc Info

If you're really going to defend region locking then you need to get your head checked out mate.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by CidHighwind View Post
We need to write it here, and we need to all send it at the same time.
What for?

Their stupid partnership is signed.

We've seen that coming for a while, since that Pro7 stuff was made public, and it's not like Smed would do a thing about it (he can't, anyway. Contract signed, again).

I wasn't planning on playing on US servers anyway...
Pings aren't that terrible nowadays (even though Marth talks like if Europe has a third-world country's internet infrastructure), but I'd rather play with people around my time zone.

The problem is that Pro7 is handed our SOE accounts, and that we have absolutly NO GUARANTEE that they'll be up to the task.
Plus, and this is just my view, I'd much rather pay for in-game stuff knowing that it goes straight to SOE (like a thanks for the awesome work the dev team has shown) than to give money to some german company I never heard about.

Finally, as I already said on the topic "bye bye Werner?", Pro7 is in charge of communication and advertising in Europe, but is not known outside of central Europe (Germany, Austria, Czech Republic...), so I'm afraid they might not do much in western Europe (France, UK, and so on).

So, yeah...
Disappointing, but we knew that was coming.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Cyborgmatt View Post
I'm sorry Basti but until we get an answer from Sony or Higby we can't say 100% for sure what they mean so please stop posting unless other whise unless you have a source.

From my own interpretation from the text it sounds like the region lock is forced upon us, hence why people are suggesting IP locking etc.
My source is common sense, and the fact that i can read whole texts instead of just small parts of it. ITs in the faq, its right there.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
DayOne
Captain

Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
We've seen that coming for a while, since that Pro7 stuff was made public, and it's not like Smed would do a thing about it (he can't, anyway. Contract signed, again).

So, yeah...
Disappointing, but we knew that was coming.
Pro7 handling the euro servers is fine. What is unacceptable is that they want euro players to use their account system that will not allow them to play on US servers.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Mirror
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Considering we have many US players in our outfit, it's pretty much fucked things up and it's very disappointing.
Ever since they merged Markov, Emerald and Werner into Gemini outfits have been running with players from both sides of the pond. They can't expect any of the established outfits to be happy about this.

Of all the times to change it, why now? Every previous SOE game has displayed the server select screen when launching and that list of servers contained the NA servers and the EU servers, I say again....why change it now?

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-02-21, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Marth Koopa
Banned

Erm, get da hell out if you keep talking BS.

This is me, RIGHT NOW, from Germany to Gemini!

And if i wait a bit, the loss goes down as well. I just connected, thats where the loss comes from. Its usually at 0.0...

Marth, get a clue, really.
If the game shows me that ping, it MUST be true, even though such a thing is literally impossible.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
And its clear soe did bad move with this, since they starting to remove post from they feedback thread. It wasnt that offensive Morto None of the bad words was properly spelled
It was just how I felt

RadarX is a cool dude, I dont mind.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marth Koopa View Post
If the game shows me that ping, it MUST be true, even though such a thing is literally impossible.
Yeah, right.

Obvious troll is obvious.

What are the mods doing?
Old 2012-02-21, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Vash02
Major

My source is common sense, and the fact that i can read whole texts instead of just small parts of it. ITs in the faq, its right there.
So when you see the words "European player" you assume it must mean "Pro7 Account player"?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion