Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 65 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dolphin safe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-11, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #961
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

More insane troll logic... nothing to see here...
Old 2012-06-11, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #962
mynameismud
Corporal

ya im done talking to stew. he doesnt operate in a reality with logic or reason. lots of people have given logical arguments for prone that i do not agree with, but at least they use logic and listen to others.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #963
Phellix
Sergeant

Planetside 2 is exactly what i'm expecting it to be, nothing like any other FPS out there, and a great sequel to PS1. But saying it's nothing like the first one would be wrong, in a lot of ways they're going to be different- very different, that doesn't constitute it being a shitty modern shooter. With that said not all modern day games need every aspect like you're suggesting, why do you think games, more specifically FPS's nowadays die so quickly? People get bored with the bullshit and retarded abuse of cheesy strategy's.

PS is not like any other game out there, period. Nobody can compare it, and nobody should, it's got a league of it's own no other company can even dream to compete with.

You call it poor mechanics, I call it my favorite FPS Since 2004 when i started playing PC games. It seems like you should stick to your BF since you seem to love the gameplay so much.

Let it go Stew.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-11 at 03:18 AM.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #964
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
ya im done talking to stew. he doesnt operate in a reality with logic or reason. lots of people have given logical arguments for prone that i do not agree with, but at least they use logic and listen to others.
This is 100 % wrong i agree with thing who make sens

If you denied thats planetside 2 isnt anywhere near planetside 1 i dont even know whats to say man

the only thing i could say despite the facts thats whats u seams to say is biaise and you just seams to hate me to not be agree with whats you said

we must understand thats PS2 isnt PS1 and all ive said previously is 100 % rigth and confirme by the dev team

they all said planetside 2 have the modern mechanics shooter and they also said Like battlefield call of duty etc..

Proof here »»»» http://youtu.be/IYGfaECIA9k?t=30s

tramel clearly explain whiout a doubt that PS2 is MMO first person shooter and he say: «««« first person shooter FIRST so when you get into the game you will feel like your playing any others first person shooter on the market the reaction time the fidelity of it its all the same... it will be the exact same experience thats you have in any other first person shooter

»»»http://youtu.be/IYGfaECIA9k?t=27s ««««««

these word do not comes from me so

You have sadly said thats those modern shooters are shitty did you mean the gameplay mechanics of those shooter suck ? If yes like ive said you will not like ps2 if you dont like BF . COD , MAG modern gameplay mechanics

i can understand thats u can dislike those its a matter of taste i have some frinds who play cs1.6 because they do not like any new fps game thats their own choice !

so if you think i dont make sens do you i dont know whats to do

i try to be clear as possible did i miss some subtile thing in your languages thats i miss ?
Old 2012-06-11, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #965
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
Planetside 2 is exactly what i'm expecting it to be, nothing like any other FPS out there, and a great sequel to PS1. But saying it's nothing like the first one would be wrong, in a lot of ways they're going to be different- very different, that doesn't constitute it being a shitty modern shooter. With that said not all modern day games need every aspect like you're suggesting, why do you think games, more specifically FPS's nowadays die so quickly? People get bored with the bullshit and retarded abuse of cheesy strategy's.

PS is not like any other game out there, period. Nobody can compare it, and nobody should, it's got a league of it's own no other company can even dream to compete with.

You call it poor mechanics, I call it my favorite FPS Since 2004 when i started playing PC games.

Let it go Stew.
Ya i get what you mean, ADS and high ttk are not really things i am worried about. But just in my eyes more things have changed than stayed the same, which is good for the sake of progress. But add in prone and i dont recognize this anymore. but thats just me.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #966
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post

You call it poor mechanics, I call it my favorite FPS Since 2004 when i started playing PC games.

Let it go Stew.
I was mostly comparing only the gameplay mechanics wich was the thing he point out

i dont want planetside to be a 8 vs 8 game i dont want planetside to be instance and not open wold i dont want planetside to be 2 factions instead of 3 i do not want to see the factions back story change i dont want to see the scales reduce etc..

But i was talking gameplay wise its nowhere near eachothers

iam agree with you planetside 2 become whats i was expecting from it a great sequel with solid modern shooter mechanics but also with a awesome learning curve meaningfull battle day and nigth cycle HUGES SCALES 3 way battles , awesome base figth , awesome team work and leadership options

all those thing do not exist in others modern fps but the gameplay of those fps are pretty solid but the scales and depth is boring

planetside have all the solid feature from planetside and all the solid feature from modern fps gameplay mechanics

and for me its perfect its a WIn Win situation
Old 2012-06-11, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #967
commiedic
Private

Originally Posted by commiedic View Post
-snip-
Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
I guess my question/comment is "Why the hell are you hiding? You should be shooting, moving, engineering, medic-ing or otherwise engaged in a useful activity. Leave the hiding to the infiltrators."
Does everyone always have an Anti-Tank/Air weapon on them? There are thousands of scenarios where prone could save your life quickly getting behind small cover while an enemy tank comes by. I dunno maybe you have never played an FPS with vehicles and prone. It is very useful.
Old 2012-06-11, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #968
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

All we need is love love love! and for the TR and NC to die in a hole and then we can be happy, you guys can go on with yes it does slow down game play, and no it does not. The game will show if it does or not, and if it does slow it down, its not like at a turtle pace it will slow it down so that you think and have to move slow as a group but just not like a cod game were you rush in and hope that every one you meet cant click as fast as you.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #969
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

This game is team based and to go into a base filled with lots of people you should have to slow down, bit not really slow and prone may or may not do that. Does it really matter if you have to slow down a little so its not a "go in get killed in a min?" I would hope that when you die they will make it a little more of a punishment for doing so and extend the re-spawn time.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #970
JesNC
Master Sergeant

*looks at the poll*

*shakes head at the pointless argument*

/popcorn

/beta
Old 2012-06-11, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #971
IMCRAZEE
Private

What's funny is that this argument has gone on for 50-something pages. And the poll says it all. We don't want prone in Planetside. It just has no place.

Prone is great for games like CoD and BF, but it just doesn't fit into Planetside's playstyle, game speed, or feel.

My vote is for: No prone in Planetside 2. And I hope it stays that way.

Edit: Sorry, that's 60+ pages.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #972
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

This thread has run its course

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #973
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
No sense arguing with Stew... even without the language barrier he's on an entirely different cognitive plane than the rest of us.
I would ask that you keep to the topic at hand and please not resort to personal attack for difference in opinion. This is Warning! Thank you!