Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller? - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place where Mosquitos kill
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-12, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Stormhall

Re: Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller?

Why hasn't anyone thought about use the left analog stick for precise analog movement and the mouse for aiming??? It would be great for an Infiltrator since they have to walk slowly so they won't be heard. I should try it out one day and once I do I'll record it and see how it goes.
Old 2012-11-22, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
fourfourfun
Private

Yep I'm hoping to get 360 pad support too. I am moving my PC to a front room gaming setup (space issues in my house and having to breakdown my big tower). I'm not going to be sat at a desk and sofa would make a terrible mouse area. Yep, you are hearing right, here is the instance where a controller is better than keys/mouse. It just is. I'm not going to get some sort of tray or table to slap into my front room setup just to play a game, so I need this to be able to dive in.

I'll probably have a diddy keyboard near me for the hotkeys, but main controls will be via the controller. I'm fine with that anyway, I've been playing Deus Ex with controller as a default and my role in this doesn't require front line twitchyness. Also hoping for advantages with aircraft etc, I hate controlling vehicles with a kb/m setup.

Last edited by fourfourfun; 2012-11-22 at 03:45 AM.
Old 2012-11-24, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
ChrisGabriel
Private

I recently came across to PC gaming from Xbox360 and tried to use a 360 controller as much as possible, got battered, switched to mouse and keyboard and never looked back. I'd tell your friend to give it a go - I've just bought a G13 from Logitech, sort of the best of both worlds.
Old 2012-11-24, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Stormhall

Necro Lock this NOW!!!
Old 2013-03-20, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
PrideAssassin
Private

Anybody have an xpadder profile for this?
Yes, I know they're easy to set up, but for some reason when I try to set the right stick, the entire thing decides it wants to go haywire lately, then hijack the pointer, then great fun ensues. I've used preset profiles as text files with no problem, but trying to set it up myself is just not working.
I've read through the point counterpoint thing, so hate me in private for being a knuckle dragging controller dummy and pray I don't end up on your team because I'll be oh so ineffective. An answer to the question will suffice (sans opinions), and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time; and thanks for putting up with yet another controller lovin' nub. Y'all take care.

Last edited by PrideAssassin; 2013-03-20 at 11:24 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion