*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where good guys turn bad
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-07, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Looks like they are further along than any of us expected. My hopes for a 2012 release have been increased.

From what I see from the E3 beta the game is in a much better shape than when TB did that night op a few weeks back. That must have been running an older version.

The lag seems to be quite a bit less than it was during GDC too.

All around, shaping up fast. Matt looks like he's getting really excited for it.

I'm expecting them to move into an open beta ASAP. They need people for stress tests. Open betas get a LOT of people. The rest of the game looks quite polished, their internal beta guys have been doing a fantastic job. The UI looks really functional and the graphics look sharp.

Last edited by wasdie; 2012-06-07 at 10:28 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Pella
Captain

Yip all seems like going i nthe right direction to me.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Xyntech
Brigadier General

My guess was that the game would be released Q1 2013, which could still happen if they run into some delays during beta. But it's cool that we now know for sure that they are aiming for a release this year.

The removal of the lag was one of my favorite improvements during the E3 footage we've been seeing. Just knowing that they've got that sorted out, even with some of their playtesters being at E3 under network conditions that are less optimal than the ones between SOE employees, makes me feel a lot more confident that we will see beta in the next few weeks like they said. That's the sort of shit that needs to be decent before it makes sense to have outside beta testers come in and help test the game.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rainfur
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
My guess was that the game would be released Q1 2013, which could still happen if they run into some delays during beta. But it's cool that we now know for sure that they are aiming for a release this year.

The removal of the lag was one of my favorite improvements during the E3 footage we've been seeing. Just knowing that they've got that sorted out, even with some of their playtesters being at E3 under network conditions that are less optimal than the ones between SOE employees, makes me feel a lot more confident that we will see beta in the next few weeks like they said. That's the sort of shit that needs to be decent before it makes sense to have outside beta testers come in and help test the game.

Yeah, easily the best.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Keep in mind that "a few weeks" mean anything from 2 to 503502975320752389075295 weeks.

Also, open beta within a fewe weeks after closed? err, not gonna happen. There is a ton of stuff that needs to be tested and may needs to be changed, or the game becomes just a big BF3 map. Gotta need a few month to get enough certs into commanding, and figure out how different 666 vs 666 vs 666 is compared to 133 vs 133 vs 133. If they dont let us enough time there, they propably ruin themself.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
L4G
Corporal

Good luck consolidating the threads, but i'm going on holiday for 10 Days from 9th July so Beta with OBVIOUSLY start then.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
LegioX
First Sergeant

All i know is i have my cd key for closed beta and my body is ready.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Keep in mind that "a few weeks" mean anything from 2 to 503502975320752389075295 weeks.

Also, open beta within a fewe weeks after closed? err, not gonna happen. There is a ton of stuff that needs to be tested and may needs to be changed, or the game becomes just a big BF3 map. Gotta need a few month to get enough certs into commanding, and figure out how different 666 vs 666 vs 666 is compared to 133 vs 133 vs 133. If they dont let us enough time there, they propably ruin themself.
Keep in mind Basti, thats what they said. Its almost like Closed Beta is just an early access type thing for those with keys, to work out immediate kinks after E3.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bazilx
First Sergeant

You know, it's technically not a FAQ unless you put questions in it.

Old 2012-06-07, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Remember also that they said they would start trickling in players. So don't grab your pitchforks if you aren't in the first wave. I'm sure I'm not alone in strongly hoping to be in the first wave, but if not, I'll get in soon enough.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
You know, it's technically not a FAQ unless you put questions in it.
Frequent Answers to Questions

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2012-06-07, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SpirosRonto
Private

is this the beta thread?
as i said those 3 beta keys i redeemed
brought me back to profile
with inactive account(had signed for beta)
didn't receive a single e-mail
Old 2012-06-07, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
duck
Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post

Seriously? Two devs said a few weeks which means later this month. I doubt they would say stuff like that to give our hopes up.
You have to be more optimistic, I remember you were saying that there was no chance of PS2 coming out later this year. Well, Higby proved you wrong.

I've said this before PS2 is nearly complete. Yes, we only have one continent to deal with but the other two continents have been in development for a long time and they are progressing nicely. The only thing that PS2 needs are balancing issues, and bug fixes and the only way they can address those is through beta not inhouse testing.
In 3-4 weeks we will see PS2 more optimized and more smooth that what we are seeing at E3 and we will be testing the entire continent, not a specific area.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
WebCole
Private

There isn't really any info here on where the E3 keys actually fit in, but I'm assuming they place you after the PS1 Vets, and the PCG keys?
Old 2012-06-07, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Hamma
PSU Admin

Correct.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion