*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mini-Chaingun, it gives you wings!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-07, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

I still wish there was an email-address you could send a letter to regarding beta, mine still says inactive under Planetside 2 even though it also clearly states I played it back in 2004 on the same account.

Last edited by Bazilx; 2012-06-07 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Thanks for putting this up Hamma.

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-07, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
duck
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
I still wish there was an email-address you could send a letter to regarding beta, mine still says inactive under Planetside 2 even though it also clearly states I played it back in 2004 on the same account.
I believe all PS1 veterans have the status Inactive for PS2 (mine shows the same) but I don't think we have to worry because they said many times that we will get first dibs in beta.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by duck View Post
I believe all PS1 veterans have the status Inactive for PS2 (mine shows the same) but I don't think we have to worry because they said many times that we will get first dibs in beta.
But then why do some veterans have "Active" as their Planetside 2 status? Why Duckie?! WHY?!
Old 2012-06-07, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
alphalegend
Private

so how long will the beta actually last? untill release? Seems like im going to have to miss my invitation since I have to leave for a month starting June 25th, dont want to get a double wammy when i come back and find that the beta ended -_-
Old 2012-06-07, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
But then why do some veterans have "Active" as their Planetside 2 status? Why Duckie?! WHY?!
I think it's just because SOE is wonky.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Luieburger
Sergeant

So beta hasn't started yet, right? I entered a beta key, and it took me to my profile afterwards. It didn't give me a good indicator if the key was entered properly or not.

I have a status that says "PLANETSIDE 2 ACCOUNT : INACTIVE" Does that mean the key went in properly and they just need to turn the beta on? Or does that mean I'm sunk like everybody else?
Old 2012-06-07, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
NePaS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Frequent Answers to Questions
Zing,we have a winnrar!!
Old 2012-06-07, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
VoodooJanus
Private

Did the PS vets get sent an e-mail with a beta key in it? I got the e-mail saying that I was part of the beta, but no invitation with a beta key.

Looks amazing right now though!
Old 2012-06-07, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
xcel
Corporal

I really hope they still let Planetside 1 vets in first.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide 1 Players, Fan Faire 2011 attendees and PC Gamer Keys will have first access to beta once it begins.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-07, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Fafnir
Sergeant

Is there any info on the amount of servers hosting closed beta? Will each region be covered?
Old 2012-06-07, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by duck View Post
Seriously? Two devs said a few weeks which means later this month. I doubt they would say stuff like that to give our hopes up.
You have to be more optimistic, I remember you were saying that there was no chance of PS2 coming out later this year. Well, Higby proved you wrong.

I've said this before PS2 is nearly complete. Yes, we only have one continent to deal with but the other two continents have been in development for a long time and they are progressing nicely. The only thing that PS2 needs are balancing issues, and bug fixes and the only way they can address those is through beta not inhouse testing.
In 3-4 weeks we will see PS2 more optimized and more smooth that what we are seeing at E3 and we will be testing the entire continent, not a specific area.

First of all, what have we seen of Amerish and Esamir? Amerish only a concept art so far, and esamir? Heck, the last time they mentioned esamir it sounded like they arent even sure its going to be Esamir. Those continents are far from done as it seems, and they obviously cant launch without them. If they hand craft them again like they did with Indar, and i assume they do so, then its going to take a while. Because, besides just making those two continents, they also need to change up indar, as there WILL be areas that just dont work, simple as that.

Then, the servers. They havent gotten a chance yet to see 2000 players on a single continent. God knows how well they will handle the load, and how long it will take to fix the issues that will pop up. Client as well. Forgelight is a brand new engine, and the only way to really test it is by giving it out to people to test it on their machines.

Then, Territory system and footholds. That needs changing, as you will see during beta.

Then, Balancing.
I could go on like this. There is just a massive difference between developing a game and testing it with a few hundred that only play every now and then, and a few thousand that play all the time. There will be bugs, design issues, exploits, balance issues and so on. Fixing all that needs time, loads of time

So, if they go in open beta within 2 month after closed beta, then they are rushing it like crazy, and dooming themself by releasing a buggy, possibly broken game. Thats why i say: dont expect open beta anytime soon, maybe in 4-5 months after Closed beta at the earliest. And dont expect Release this year. If stuff goes somewhat well, maybe, just maybe in december. But stuff never goes well, especially if you build a kind of game no one else has build before.

Also, dont forget: Ignore whatever a dev says about dates if he dont actually tell you a date. A little history:
Smed said over a year ago that they have a pretty big release in march. March came and went, and nothing happend.
They annouced the game at FanFaire last year, and said beta would start End of Q4 2011, beginning of Q1 2012. The time came and went again, and nothing happend. Since then, they say "soon", "soonish", "Very soon", "Within the next few month" and stuff like that, and every time people went crazy about it, not realizing the fact that if there is no actual date, then there is no date at all.
"Within a few weeks" is just a different way of saying "soon". In both ways, it tells you exactly nothing.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Just because we haven't seen or heard about the other continents doesn't mean they are not done or nearly finished.

Just a thought.

I agree with the rest however.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk 2.

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Greeniegriz; 2012-06-07 at 03:39 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Gelnika
Private

Then, the servers. They havent gotten a chance yet to see 2000 players on a single continent.
These guys aren't just hoping that it can handle 2000 players on a continent. A can almost guarantee you they have ways of simulating having that many players on a continent, this is a standard practice for MMO games. The team also speaks with a great deal on confidence that they will be able to support this many players at once.

Of course, "in the wild" performance is different than isolated testing, but I think it's incorrect to think that the team is just gambling with the amount of players they're allowing.

Last edited by Gelnika; 2012-06-07 at 03:42 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion