*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where 1 out of your 10 quotes gets accepted.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-07, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
RoninAfro
Private

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by alphalegend View Post
i cant believe beta starts literally when i wont be able to play it for a month -_- i guess my invite just sits there in my emails untill i answer it? what if the closed beta ends when i return?
Then you play open beta, or full release if you're away for that long. Your invite won't go anywhere while you're gone.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
alphalegend
Private

Originally Posted by RoninAfro View Post
Then you play open beta, or full release if you're away for that long. Your invite won't go anywhere while you're gone.
YES! i got an answer for once thanks!

so do betas usually last right up untill release? or do they only go on for a certain time?
Old 2012-06-07, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Keep in mind that "a few weeks" mean anything from 2 to 503502975320752389075295 weeks.

Also, open beta within a fewe weeks after closed? err, not gonna happen. There is a ton of stuff that needs to be tested and may needs to be changed, or the game becomes just a big BF3 map. Gotta need a few month to get enough certs into commanding, and figure out how different 666 vs 666 vs 666 is compared to 133 vs 133 vs 133. If they dont let us enough time there, they propably ruin themself.
Some betas allow you to give yourself xp and points to test.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Some betas allow you to give yourself xp and points to test.
Likewise, they also need to test the rate at which people earn resources to find a good level where people don't feel it's TOO grindy, but are inclined towards purchasing boosts.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
RoninAfro
Private

Originally Posted by alphalegend View Post
YES! i got an answer for once thanks!

so do betas usually last right up untill release? or do they only go on for a certain time?
For the most part. The point of having a beta is for players to help the devs work out all the bugs they missed in testing, because players are sneaky and will find ways to do things they weren't supposed to be able to do.
There isn't a phase between beta and release, if that's what you're asking.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Closed Beta a couple of weeks
Open Beta a few weeks after that
Game release this year

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-06-08, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Have they said if Beta tester keep there stats or not? I mean I'm 100% ok if they reset everyone I was just wondering.
Old 2012-06-08, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Toppopia
Major

I can't believe closed beta will be this short, i thought i would have to wait months and months before open beta, but in 6 weeks i will beable to play. I feel so happy. I shall cry manly tears of joy
Old 2012-06-08, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
hitparader
Private

It would definitely be cool if they made the original Planetside FTP while we wait for beta.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Timey
Staff Sergeant

BTW I _really_ hope we get to download the client a day or a couple of days in advance before the beta starts... I'd HATE to have to sit there and watch the download slowly complete the day beta starts.. I only have 8/1mb interwebs + I'd imagine the download servers would be under heavy traffic.

edit: someone should probably tweet them about this is this hasn't been brought up // confirmed? :b

Last edited by Timey; 2012-06-08 at 04:43 AM.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
Have they said if Beta tester keep there stats or not? I mean I'm 100% ok if they reset everyone I was just wondering.
I'd wager that they will reset all stats after beta.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk 2.7

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-08, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

So I have an active Planetside account now that I was able to re-activate with that 45 days that they gave accounts for the hack.

I've never actually spent a penny on a Planetside subscription because I was in the middle of college when the game was at it's peak.

Because I have an active Planetside account now, are my chances of getting into the beta as good as any former vet? I've had the account for 5 years now and I played it a lot when they were doing that free trial years ago.

Depending on how much I play in the next 2 months, I may just sub until Planetside 2 comes out. I think I will appreciate PS2 a lot more this way.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Mostly wishful thinking, but I hope that as early as next week, we will be getting priority tester invites out, and limited closed beta (Certain days and times).

Next month, they will open up things more with a 24/7 beta client running, and start accepting beta testers with "general" keys.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
So I have an active Planetside account now that I was able to re-activate with that 45 days that they gave accounts for the hack.

I've never actually spent a penny on a Planetside subscription because I was in the middle of college when the game was at it's peak.

Because I have an active Planetside account now, are my chances of getting into the beta as good as any former vet? I've had the account for 5 years now and I played it a lot when they were doing that free trial years ago.

Depending on how much I play in the next 2 months, I may just sub until Planetside 2 comes out. I think I will appreciate PS2 a lot more this way.
I think I read somewhere that you had to have/have had an active ps1 account prior to June to be considered a vet. I may of course be wrong.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Beta using Tapatalk 2

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-08, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post

How do you use that hack-thing?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion