News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is there a vaccine for this?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by Burnzblood View Post
So for those wondering how they get your system specs:

You click Sign Up for beta on thier main page, even if you already entered a key along time ago, and you take a "Survey" where you enter your system specs.

Figured I would share.
Ruski page only gives me this:
PlanetSide 2

Вы уже подписаны на участие в программе тестирования бета-версии игры PlanetSide 2. Если с момента вашего последнего входа ваш адрес электронной почты был изменен, обновите информацию о нем на странице Управление аккаунтом, с тем, чтобы получать от нас самую последнюю информацию о программе тестирования бета-версии, включая информацию о том, как приступить к тестированию в случае выбора вашей кандидатуры.

Надеемся вскоре увидеть вас в игре, солдат!
--------------------------------------------------
In short:
You already signed up for participating in beta. If any changes were made to your e-mail, go to user cp and correct the information there, so you can get the latest info and howto on joining beta if you are selected.

We hope to see you in the game soon, soldier!

No buttons, nothing. User CP doesn't give anything of that sort too.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Hobitt
Corporal

Well there goes my excitement...
Old 2012-06-26, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
demonicale
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
To clarify, PS1 is not going free. Players who had an active (paying) account are being granted 30 days free in support of this weekends PlanetSide Day.
RadarX.

Do you mind letting the Planetside 1 Vet's in this thread know if they are still priority for beta or not?.

As the new Beta letter mention's current planetside player's and NOT vet's.

thanks
Old 2012-06-26, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

To clarify, PS1 is not going free. Players who had an active (paying) account are being granted 30 days free in support of this weekends PlanetSide Day.
Radar, Why not give a very small free trial to those who hadn't subscribed? Just one day, that's all I ask. Also this is the third time I ask this since my posts just go away, my processor isn't on the list. What do I do?( Phenom II X3 710)
Old 2012-06-26, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
OpolE
Sergeant Major

WOOPS very sorry I meant to post

Can you RadarX confirm if PS1 30 days free starts Today 26th June? Or 1st of July?

4000+ Hours of PS1
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-26, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by RodenyC View Post
I was expecting somewhere along the lines as a estimate of beta date or that PS1 vets beta accounts were activated or I would have even like to see the NDA really.
I can't remember ever seeing a company provide a specific Beta date (if it happens it must be rare). They do announce they are entering closed Beta (and that's effectively what we are doing today) but NDA's and dates are never made public.

I wish we could provide you more, but that's just not how game Betas are done unfortunately.

Originally Posted by demonicale View Post
RadarX.

Do you mind letting the Planetside 1 Vet's in this thread know if they are still priority for beta or not?.

As the new Beta letter mention's current planetside player's and NOT vet's.

thanks
Nothing at all has changed regarding PlanetSide 1 veterans. Everything you have been told previously is still true.

Last edited by RadarX; 2012-06-26 at 10:40 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
Gives me an error message

Gotta figure out how to change the page to english. :>
Old 2012-06-26, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Anderz
Master Sergeant

You know what would be nice?
If you let everyone who has signed up for Beta and/or has a key into Planetside for 30 days, not just vets.

That might help mask the disappointment of this pseudo beta announcement.

Oh well, the waiting game continues...
Old 2012-06-26, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Gives me an error message

Gotta figure out how to change the page to english. :>
VPN or a giant poster saying, SMED TELL THEM TO FIX THE SITE! infront of his home windows.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-06-26 at 10:39 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
demonicale
Sergeant

I can't remember ever seeing a company provide a specific Beta date (if it happens it must be rare). They do announce they are entering closed Beta (and that's effectively what we are doing today) but NDA's and dates are never made public.

I wish we could provide you more, but that's just not game Betas are done unfortunately.

Nothing at all has changed regarding PlanetSide 1 veterans. Everything you have been told previously is still true.

Thanks i appreciate the reply
Old 2012-06-26, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Had means all of the ol'skool ftw!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-26, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
Radar, Why not give a very small free trial to those who hadn't subscribed? Just one day, that's all I ask. Also this is the third time I ask this since my posts just go away, my processor isn't on the list. What do I do?( Phenom II X3 710)
This just isn't something we are able to do. Unfortunately this is not as easy as flipping a switch even if it seems like it should be.

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
WOOPS very sorry I meant to post

Can you RadarX confirm if PS1 30 days free starts Today 26th June? Or 1st of July?
I can confirm what the letter stated which is this week. They are in the process of doing whatever black magic needs to be done right now so you guys can play this weekend. We can't give you an exact time or date just yet.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I wish we could provide you more, but that's just not game Betas are done unfortunately.
You heard it here first folks. As official as it will ever get, they are entering closed beta. So starting today, it's possible (although not confirmed) that players may be starting to be trickled in. It's possible it may still not happen for a few weeks, but it may be happening already.

The only date I'm really concerned about right now is when those 30 free days kick in I may have to resubscribe anyways, unless it's going to activate sometime today. Getting itchy to play some more.

I can confirm what the letter stated which is this week. They are in the process of doing whatever black magic needs to be done right now so you guys can play this weekend. We can't give you an exact time or date just yet.
Oh okay, awesome. Thanks for the semi-clarification. Sometimes it's enough just to know that you guys aren't entirely sure yet.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-26 at 10:40 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Shocktor
Private

They do announce they are entering closed Beta (and that's effectively what we are doing today) but NDA's and dates are never made public.
Can you please clarify -- my impression is that you are in Internal Beta as of now and the next phase is testing the servers before the external beta.

External beta = closed beta ?

Or am I reading this wrong?
Old 2012-06-26, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

So who gets into the 'internal tech test'? Just random people based on that PS2 beta survey thats been put up? Shouldn't you ask more specifically what graphics cards people have? I mean 400 series... it tells you very little other than the DX feature it supports. A 250 is still better than a 420 for instance.. ?

Perhaps a specific date wasn't expected. But this says nothing other than the cycles. You could at least be a bit vague about it but clarify how much time you expect there to be between each phase. Like, when do you expect the Tech Test to start (couple or some weeks from now, couple or some months, etc.) and how long after that you expect the external beta to start, if all goes as planned?

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
You heard it here first folks. As official as it will ever get, they are entering closed beta. So starting today, it's possible (although not confirmed) that players may be starting to be trickled in. It's possible it may still not happen for a few weeks, but it may be happening already.

The only date I'm really concerned about right now is when those 30 free days kick in I may have to resubscribe anyways, unless it's going to activate sometime today. Getting itchy to play some more.

Oh okay, awesome. Thanks for the semi-clarification. Sometimes it's enough just to know that you guys aren't entirely sure yet.

Ehh... they started internal closed beta, as they call it (sounds like alpha to me...), which is with their team (and I guess those outfits that got invited). Then there's the tech test, which sounds like it will be with a bunch of randomly invited people based on specs. And then there's closed beta as the rest of the universe knows it, where us vets and those who signed up actually get a chance of being invited...

Last edited by I SandRock; 2012-06-26 at 10:42 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion