Questions for Pro7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Kid Tested Mother Approved
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Questions for Pro7

Okay folks, heres the deal:

Myself, and a whole bunch of other PSU folks, will be at GamesCom.
Besides Higby and T-Ray, there will also be a whole bunch of Pro7 folks, as well as god knows who else.

Now, we all have concerns and questions about the whole Pro7 deal, and I will try to get you answers on them.

For that, i need your questions. Rants in this thread will not just deleted, but also greeted with a Warning and/or Infraction. This thread is simply about questions for Pro7, the rants shall go in the other thread. :>

Question 1: If we have Pro7 accounts linked with our SOE accounts then I take it we have to authenticate our logins via a server in Germany even if we are playing on the US servers? I remember that this was an issue with Werner back in the day where the client had to go across the Atlantic in order to authenticate and make sure that the player was still logged in, this caused unnecessary lag and connection problems.

Question 2: Can we still contact SOE support or will be told to contact Pro7 as SOE cannot help us?

Question 3: We will no longer be able to buy station cash and will have to buy Pro7 deutsche marks or whatever they have. If I were to buy some Pro7 currency can I spend it on a weapon/attachment/camo etc on the US server?

Question 4: Sort of following on from the last question. If I buy something then can I use it on both sets of servers or do I have to buy it twice?

Question 5: In the event that the partnership between SOE and Pro7 comes to an end what guarantee do we have that our accounts will be transferred back over? In Planetside 2 my account will contain all my stats, unlocked weapons (some that I may have paid for) and of course my characters that I will have spent a long time building up. I would like a guarantee that if the relationship does go south then all my hard work will not be for nothing.

Last edited by basti; 2012-07-16 at 02:07 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mirror
First Sergeant

Re: Questions for Pro7

Check your PMs.

-----

I would like to thank Radar for his contributions in the Pro7 thread. He deserves a lot of praise for actually getting involved in that thread and I hope that the higher ups at SOE notice this.

If the EU Community Manager is half as committed as Radar is then we might just be ok.

http://www.deltatriad.com

Last edited by Mirror; 2012-07-16 at 02:09 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
maskedskull
Sergeant

Are cash shop items going to be comparatively the same price as the SOE store?

Will the items and content on both stores be identical?

More as I think of them.

Last edited by maskedskull; 2012-07-16 at 02:09 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Refresh the thread. :P
Old 2012-07-16, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
unAimed
Private

-How is it ensured that anti-cheating efforts are working on the same level here in comparison to the u.s.? (and please don't take a "we will do our best blahblah pr speak blahblah" as an answer ;-) )

-will the server hardware be the same (at least performance wise) as in the u.s.? (see above)

-has pro7 any say in the pricing of items?

-will there be a delay for patches? If yes how long?

-what will happen to my pro7 account / chars / items if SOE and pro7 decide to end their partnership?

Last edited by unAimed; 2012-07-16 at 02:16 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Nasher
Sergeant

Will you be passing/selling our details on to 3rd parties, or using them for advertising purposes?

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-07-16 at 02:14 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Who will train the customer service people? (SOE has very good customer service in my opinion)
How do you plan to handle station cash exchange rates and how will it work in DCUO with US servers?
Will there be an update delay on EU servers?
Will SOE have full control over servers other than maintenance?
Will english customer service be provided by germans?
Will Pro7 hire enough people?
What will happen if a EU player plays on a US server and buys items?
Does SOE pay a certain set amount of money for the services or will Pro7 get money from every purchase we make, supporting them even if we only want to pay SOE?
Old 2012-07-16, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dart
Second Lieutenant

I will only play PS2 if I can play on the US servers (from the UK) with a reasonable ping (less than 200ms). For reference my ping to Emerald was 120ms and to Markov was 170ms. With their knowledge of the hardware available, would the Pro7 deal still allow that?
Old 2012-07-16, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

Could the european community as a whole have to deal with german violence censorship ?
Old 2012-07-16, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Do you plan to add new cash shop items? Are you allowed to set up an own shop at all? (Yes, this is a "do-you-sell-power?" question...)
Old 2012-07-16, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Wakken
Sergeant

How can we trust you/know you wont be dicks to the EU community?

More seriously though... It may be a harsh question but.

Why should we, the EU community trust you. You got very bad reputation (from what I've heard) and the games you host are mostly pay2win, crappy games. Why should we trust you with our accounts and details. Why should we expect any decent service from you with SOE's games. How can EU get a sense of security from you of what have happened to us several times before - the EU hosts completely screw their playerbase over. In my case the GOA - Mythic - Warhammer online incident.

Its harsh, but I dont trust these guys. Go ahead and ask it if it feels appropriate (you can change it to make it sound less fierce)

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zation
Private

• Will there be the same amount of ingame CSRs per server as SoE will have?
  • Will there be the same out of game options as SoE will have? and will they work the same way?
  • Will the pricing per item be the same as the US shop prices?
  • Can we use the items on US servers and EU servers at the same time?
  • If SoE takes the deal back, will Pro7 help with getting accounts back to SoE AND provide support doing that time?
Old 2012-07-16, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by derito View Post
Could the european community as a whole have to deal with german violence censorship ?
Very good question !

Similarly, will release in European countries be delayed by the preparation of localized clients ? (you know, the whole "every label is to be translated into 58 languages")
Old 2012-07-16, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Wakken
Sergeant

Would you reconsider "forcing" EU players to use pro7 accounts if we dont want to? Seeing we still can play on EU/US servers anyway. (optional question -->) if not, why was the decision made to force EU players to use pro7 accounts in the first place?

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
bjorntju1
Captain

Will the beta start at the same time as the US test?

Now I think of it, the EU beta probably already started when gamescon starts.

Will prosieben be allowed to put their own items on the store, and price them at whatever price they want?
Will they take care of the 1$=1€ problem So that an item in the US, with costs $1 in the store. Will be priced accordingly in the EU store, such as €0,80 cents.
Will updates be delayed or not?
Can we use the same account for US and EU servers?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion