Questions for Pro7 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I can't run that Solitaire thing, but will PS be ok?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-17, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Re: Questions for Pro7

Originally Posted by Satexios View Post
Other than that most questions are true concerns, money wise I think you have to hold on 1=1 as it looks better on SoE's books.
That doesn't make sense... If all they're concerned with is how it looks (which I find highly unlikely), they could just as well still write the sales in $... the value is the same? And if not, Pro7 could use the same prices in the game with $ instead of € or £. Besides, if Pro7 gets to dictate prices and currency on the EU servers, why would SOE want to put it in their books? Or rather, why would they be concerned with how it looks to them?

That ties neatly into my question. Will Pro7 be dictating prices, currency and what items are available in their equivelent of SOEs ingame store? i.e, can you add your own stuff to the store, change existing items, and/or can you change prices of current items?
Old 2012-07-17, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
SirVoorhees
Private

Originally Posted by unAimed View Post
-How is it ensured that anti-cheating efforts are working on the same level here in comparison to the u.s.? (and please don't take a "we will do our best blahblah pr speak blahblah" as an answer ;-) )

-will the server hardware be the same (at least performance wise) as in the u.s.? (see above)

-has pro7 any say in the pricing of items?

-will there be a delay for patches? If yes how long?

-what will happen to my pro7 account / chars / items if SOE and pro7 decide to end their partnership?
I Quote this for it is almost the same questions i have.

But i have one more.

Will we have easy access to a GM on EU servers 24/7 ?
As SOE have stated USA players will have.

Why this is a really important question is for as everyone knows, FPS games drags cheaters/bad people like "shit drags flies", specially as it is a f2p game.

And we don't want a whole weekend destroyed just because we can't get Cheaters, Mass team killers or other bad people off our server because we don't have any support thats working.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
PredatorFour
Major

As we have seen with Soe in the past hacking is rampant in this industry. How will pro7 improve and better Soe`s methods to prevent hacking ??

With so many different languages/cultures will the ingame GMs be ultra strict on rules broken ingame ??? Or give 3 warnings / whatever the system is ?
Old 2012-07-17, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Holi
Private

General support questions

Q1: When are you planning to release the final (read: go-live version) EULA and TOS (both EU and US)?

Q2: Which types of support tickets will be routed to Pro7 and which to SOE? Who is responsible for which issues, what is the escalation chain, roles and responsibilities of both companies while servicing customers, etc.

Q3: Related to Q2, should the need arise could a support ticket be escalated to SOE if Pro7 is unable to assist? What would be the procedure in this case?

Q4: Will there be 24/7 live game support (as in actual people, not some automated thing and for in-game issues, not just basic tech support)? If not what are the planned support hours?

Payment related questions

Q5: Will payment information be stored at SOE's or at Pro7's premises (or both)?

Q6: What type of payment methods will be available for EU customers at launch for the SOE and/or Pro7 store? I'm assuming PayPal, debit and credit cards as a minimum, but it's best to check.

Q7: Will there be region limitations in place for payments like with the iTunes store in which you are unable to purchase things from the US store with a credit card that is not registered to a US address (or US bank)?

Thanks to all involved!

Last edited by Holi; 2012-07-17 at 12:45 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Azreil
Private

*Question Answered*

Last edited by Azreil; 2012-07-18 at 06:16 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Heard alot of chatter from EQ2 players that Pro7 intend to hold the right to delete inactive accounts after 90 days. What is the current position on this with Planetside 2 in mind?
I have seen that one come up on the Q&A on the SOE forums. Its been dismissed as not a policy - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=516733

Will my ProSieben account be automatically deleted if I don't play for 90 days?
No, ProSiebenSat.1 Games does not use automatic procedures to identify or delete "inactive" accounts.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
HEISTT
Corporal

Just putting my opinion out here. I would hate to see the available in-game items in Europe differ from the items available on US servers. Any differentation between both regions would be bad as far as I'm concerned. And I think most people around here will agree with me saying that a different company handling some of the EU based operational tasks is bad enough as it is.

Question on security measures: will people with a Pro7 account for Planetside 2 be able to get some sort of a physical authenticator (like the way Blizzard's variant functions)?
Old 2012-07-18, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Murkie
Corporal

Originally Posted by Satexios View Post
I think you under-estimating who they exactly are. First of all in the European Union there is a strict policy on personal data so I am not worried about that.

Secondly they are a multi-million/billion company doing a multi-million deal with a multi-billion company for a multi-million game. If they fuck up they lose quite some money and their shareholders won't be pleased.

Other than that most questions are true concerns, money wise I think you have to hold on 1=1 as it looks better on SoE's books.
On your second point, I'll simply point to you the mess of the London Olympic security to show you how easy multi-million £ deals get fucked up and what a mess it creates.
Which ties into my main concern - who is ultimately responsible for the EU customer? Are SOE simply handing the game off to Pro7 and shipping updates as they roll out? Or will there be over-sight? I've dealt with SOE for nearly 10 years, I'd be much happier knowing they were keeping an eye on things.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Nemises
Sergeant

...I'm wondering if there could be some sort of Station Cash <-> Prosabian Euro's FX rate .... little bit of virtual currency speculation ala Eve?
Old 2012-07-19, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Will EU players wishing to play on US Servers STILL have to log in via Pro7?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I'd just like to clarify since I haven't seen it answered directly.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Zation
Private

Originally Posted by Dart View Post

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I'd just like to clarify since I haven't seen it answered directly.
Radarx answered this in the thread that lead to the creation of this question thread. ALL EU are "forced" to have a Pro7 account, that account will then be able to play both US and EU servers.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...664#post786664

Last edited by Zation; 2012-07-19 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Sighpolice
Corporal

I'd like to know just to what extent do I have to deal with Pro7? Is it simply a matter of logging into that account to be able to play planetside 2 in the same way I would log into a launcher(Pro7 controlled), and then launch the game(SOE controlled)?

Why does the deal with Pro7 exist, and what do they actually manage in terms of everything from in-game items, to customer support, to even buying the game in a EU based shop? Can you show us this in terms of a venn diagram or flow chart of what SOE manages, and what Pro7 manages?

Will EU players have the option to not be involved with Pro7? I currently have an SOE account, does this mean that without my permission or knowing can SOE transfer my details over to Pro7 for the launch of PS2 (as I am a PS1 vet signed up to the beta) even if I never play PS2?

A couple that have been said before, but I will repeat briefly to show the growing concern;

1) £ =/= $ equality for the store
2) in the event that Pro7 and SOE terminate their partnership, what happens
3) a completely equal service provided for both Americans and European players

Last edited by Sighpolice; 2012-07-19 at 09:50 AM.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Nemises
Sergeant

most of that has been answered around and about already, but all are still valid questions...these are just MHO answers from what I've read, not meant to replace an official answer of any sort..

I'd like to know just to what extent do I have to deal with Pro7? Is it simply a matter of logging into that account to be able to play planetside 2 in the same way I would log into a launcher(Pro7 controlled), and then launch the game(SOE controlled)?
Yes, apparently..though the implication is, any micro transactions you do will also be via a ProSabian system (even if it just API's directly to a sony system?)

Why does the deal with Pro7 exist, and what do they actually manage in terms of everything from in-game items, to customer support, to even buying the game in a EU based shop? Can you show us this in terms of a venn diagram or flow chart of what SOE manages, and what Pro7 manages?
ProSabian will be able to deal with local customer support enquiries in native euro languages , and in local time zones...will handle player transactions with local online e-commerce laws upheld...the game is free, so , although you will probably be able to download it from a Planeside2.eu site / portal, theres no real concept of buying it from a store (online or otherwise)..however creating an account I guess is the modern equivelent.

Will EU players have the option to not be involved with Pro7? I currently have an SOE account, does this mean that without my permission or knowing can SOE transfer my details over to Pro7 for the launch of PS2 (as I am a PS1 vet signed up to the beta) even if I never play PS2?
Smed or Radar-x has allready stated that no account transition can take place without the user giving permission, and that people are free to not have their SOE account moved to ProSabien BUT , you will NOT be able to play the game from europe without a ProSabien account..so the choice is transfer the account (or set up a new one) , or don't play if you are EU....NFI if this affects non PS2 bound SOE accounts
Old 2012-07-19, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dart View Post

I believe RadarX said in one of his responses that, in leyman terms, if you are in EU and want to play on US servers its fine, but unless you are registered with pro7 then you cant play from EU countries.

I'm just hoping now that Pro7 have some kind of station cash cards in the works so I can just avoid giving any personal details to them whatsoever.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

If they're serious about promoting PS2 they'll sell such cards so kids without a credit card can spend their money easily.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion