An XP change in GU13 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Keep honking while I reload.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-02, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Akrasjel Lanate
Private

Misc Info
Re: An XP change in GU13

Nice idea
Old 2013-07-02, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Good change, thanks.

Old 2013-07-02, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Well might be worth investing in an ejector seat now
Tip dont logout! Lol No need to get ejector seat just make sure you get them and if there's more of them, it don't matter if they kill you really does it. You were going to suicide anyway which is a death.
Old 2013-07-02, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Baptist
Private

I don't fly, so this doesn't effect me much, however I'd like to think out loud for a second.

I'm a Light Assault, and I'm flying in my Reaver, suddenly I get into a fight I'm about to lose and have to bail, I use my Jet Packs to land safely taking no damage, and notice the enemy ESF is turning on me for the Kill angered I got away, If I now log out, will the enemy ESF get a Kill?

From the notes I expect the Obvious answer is yes, but people will still be able to bail as Light assaults and potentially get away without dying, would a better way of solving this not simply be, unless you have ejector seat enabled, you have to land the craft to exit.

The Log off part is just sweet :-)

Last edited by Baptist; 2013-07-02 at 04:07 AM.
Old 2013-07-02, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
SternLX
Sergeant

Adding to what I posted earlier after reading some other notes. The timer between doing damage and the target taking a suicide better be really damn short before a kill and xp are awarded. Otherwise it cheapens the experience of earning a kill and xp.

If I had my druthers the TTK in this game would be increased 50% across the board. To easy to kill and be killed now as it is. The fights need to be drawn out a bit more like in PS1. Currently it feels more like Quakeside.
Old 2013-07-02, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

Just tossing the question out there... what would be too long a time(r)?

15 seconds?
30?
A minute?

Let's think about hypothetical scenarios of what could happen during that time frame. Scenarios which could quite possible yield unexpected and by many accounts unwanted results.

What would feel like a cheap exploit of the new mechanic?

For instance the light assult bailing from an ESF as an entrypoint, as a means of transportation, who then is killed by a defending infantry man on the ground within the time limit.
Would that still count as a vehicle kill?
Old 2013-07-02, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Muldoon View Post
They should get a death, too.
What about the REDEPLOY? Redeploy is meant to not affect your death stat in any way... so what if someone rolls LA, jumps out of the aircraft, lands and redeploys? Will that be an "credited kill" if you damaged his aircraft?

What if non-LA players notice they're taking damage, so they start redeploying, then exit their vehicle with one or two seconds to go... they would have died, but they redeployed, so kill credited or not?
Old 2013-07-02, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
SKYHEX
Private

EvilNinjadude has a point. I know how people will avoid this then, LA with drifter jets and redeploy. Although, honestly, that is pretty legit to me. Because a) they lived ater jumping out and b) survived outside or 10 seconds waiting or that redeploy. There still exists a possibility of me ramming/shooting them out of the sky, so I am cool with that.

As a dogfighter, this is a nice change, although since I honestly give nary a [insert profanity of your choice] about my K/D, it will be just + 100 XP for my effort/enemy laziness.

As to if and how it affects one stat padder, my opinion is this:

Last edited by SKYHEX; 2013-07-02 at 05:47 AM.
Old 2013-07-02, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Tip dont logout! Lol No need to get ejector seat just make sure you get them and if there's more of them, it don't matter if they kill you really does it. You were going to suicide anyway which is a death.
Eh, right... But its not about your K/D its about denying the enemy exp, IE certs.

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
What about the REDEPLOY? Redeploy is meant to not affect your death stat in any way... so what if someone rolls LA, jumps out of the aircraft, lands and redeploys? Will that be an "credited kill" if you damaged his aircraft?

What if non-LA players notice they're taking damage, so they start redeploying, then exit their vehicle with one or two seconds to go... they would have died, but they redeployed, so kill credited or not?
A redeploy count down is reseted if you take damage. But if you jump out and don't die then redeploy then I can not see way it would count as a death. I can't see anything wrong with using a "ghetto parachute" to cheat the enemy out of a kill. The ESF can just "lolpod" you if he likes anyway.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2013-07-02 at 03:02 PM.
Old 2013-07-02, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
blashyrk
Corporal

Originally Posted by MGP View Post
This will greatly affect VS pilots (on Miller, at least). I like that!
Let's just say that (since I see your main is TR), for every 10 Mossies I gun down, I get one kill. So you're a tad biased here to say the least :P.
Old 2013-07-02, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Shogun
Contributor
General

i like the anti asshat xp denial patch so far, but we really need a dynamic xp distribution!

take a look at ps1 (sigh, again)!

shared xp for squads,
a really really great and refined support xp system that is not exploitable
shared xp for vehicle crew (minus passenger only seats)
dynamic xp for basecaptures based on amount of enemies and action.

those were perfect systems that rewarded the playstyles the game was meant to be played with!

WHY is nothing of this present in ps2?

i am especially pissed about the stupid approach of the support xp in ps2, and the lack of xp sharing! because it forces me to do what i don´t want to do, in order to get certs. i just can´t be a fulltime supporter and get a fair reward for it in ps2.

also, increase ALL hitpoints by 100%. the TTK is too low to balance anything right.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-07-02, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
A redeploy count down is reseted if you take damage. But if you jump out and don't die then redeploy then I can not see way it would count as a death. I can't see anything wrong with using a "ghetto parachute" to cheat the enemy out of a kill. The ESF can just "lolpod" you if he likes anyway.
I meant my whole post to go together as one argument. If/then style. My Opinion:

If you survived the fall because of LA, and the aircraft flies off, you get to live and should be able to redeploy without the enemy getting the kill.
If you survived the fall because of LA, but you redeploy before the enemy can take you down (because you activated the countdown while airborne, making you a tiny target for lolpods etc.). Do you deserve to live without enemy getting kill credit?
If you would not have survived the fall, but redeployed while airborne (dunno if that's even possible, never tried it, better things to do), then I think the enemy does deserve kill credit.

The first and last are clear opinions on my part. It's when things get sorta muddled in the middle that I'm uncertain.

PS: Does your aircraft taking damage reset the redeploy counter? What if you're quite damaged, run to a weird corner of the map waiting for the timer to count down and redeploy you?
Old 2013-07-02, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Shogun
Contributor
General

evilninja, there would be a simple solution for this:

reset the redeploy counter whenever you move. so you have to stand still for 10 seconds befor you can redeploy.
someone who managed to stand still for 10 seconds without getting damaged deserves to redeploy without penalty.

and if someone is going to kill you, trying to pull this off would be insanely stupid because 10 seconds of sitting duck equals instant death when you are not alone.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-07-02, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
We officially calling this the Jennyboo update?
The Jennyboo effect

Originally Posted by Baptist View Post
would a better way of solving this not simply be, unless you have ejector seat enabled, you have to land the craft to exit.
Wondered this myself, not sure why handing out more XP is necessary when the only reason XP is denied is because they never fully flushed out how the ejection seat was implemented. No reason to allow people to bail while flying in a plane, jetpack or not.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-07-02 at 07:56 AM.
Old 2013-07-02, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
evilninja, there would be a simple solution for this:

reset the redeploy counter whenever you move. so you have to stand still for 10 seconds befor you can redeploy.
someone who managed to stand still for 10 seconds without getting damaged deserves to redeploy without penalty.

and if someone is going to kill you, trying to pull this off would be insanely stupid because 10 seconds of sitting duck equals instant death when you are not alone.
This is an okay idea. My thought initially (which I didn't mention but had all the same) was to link it to spotting: Make people unable to start the redeploy counter as long as they are spotted. But if you exit your vehicle you aren't spotted, so yeah, there's that.

However, we have no data yet! Only once kill crediting is in will we see if people redeploying becomes an issue, and "nerf" the redeploy function accordingly. Making it based on movement certainly seems like a better idea than mine if it does get exploited.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion