An XP change in GU13 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "fk help atatk me som zombies o pleze o kol??" - VS CR5 Global
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-02, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Re: An XP change in GU13

What happens if you're chasing down the enemy and some random infanteer takes a potshot at him before he crashes/suicides in some way?

Granted this scenario shouldn't happen very often, although it could become more present as a result of this change, perhaps?

I think we need to know more about the timer that credits you the kill as last damage source. If you're serious about destroying enemy planes, you're presumably close on their tail. Then they either crash due to the pressure you're applying, or try to cheese you because you've won. As a result, my guess is that it'll be a short timer (< 30 secs).

But if the timer is so short, what is indeed to stop someone from gaining altitude before bailing (as mentioned earlier in the thread)?

At any rate, I don't fly often but I have experienced the frustration when your target crashes/bails. It's a good change, but I am curious as to how exactly it will be implemented.
Old 2013-07-02, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Dodgy Commando View Post
What happens if you're chasing down the enemy and some random infanteer takes a potshot at him before he crashes/suicides in some way?
where´s the problem? the exact same mechanic is in place for kills without suicide.

the last one who hits gets the kill, no matter how much damage has been done by this particular soldier.

so nothing will change, if this mechanic is expanded to suicidal soldiers. the last one who hits gets the kill. fair for everybody. you still get assist xp for damaging.

Originally Posted by Dodgy Commando View Post

But if the timer is so short, what is indeed to stop someone from gaining altitude before bailing (as mentioned earlier in the thread)?
also no problem there. just make the timer dynamic in relation to altitude.

or don´t start the timer when the bail button is hit, but when the ground is hit after bailing.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-07-02 at 08:57 AM.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Atomicsys
Private

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
OMG, don't call others idiots without havning a good reason to do so.
he dont use logoff mechanic.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Not like I care, but this dynamic also means that if I got hit, got healed and died by falling or /suiciding, I will still be somebody's kill, including friendly's. I find that ridiculous

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Maidere
Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Not like I care, but this dynamic also means that if I got hit, got healed and died by falling or /suiciding, I will still be somebody's kill, including friendly's. I find that ridiculous
You will recieve a kill if your target suicided/ logged off within like 10-15 seconds (at least I hope it's gonna work this way)
Old 2013-07-02, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Dragonskin
Major

I don't understand why you would be against the change. Like Shogun said, it's the same way it works now except that suicide/logoff negates what would have been a kill.

Right now if a MBT is dueling another MBT and does 99% of the damage, but doesn't kill it and I pop the MBT that is damage with a vehicle grenade or rocket launcher to kill it then I get full kill credit and the person that was in the tank gets an assist and exp based on damage done.

If you are in a fire fight and do 99% of the damage to an enemy, but don't finish them and someone else kills him then that person gets full kill credit and you get an assist and exp based on damage done.

The way it works is people that do damage, but don't get a kill get an assist and assist exp. Whoever gets the last hit that makes the kill gets full kill credit and kill exp. So if they change it so that if a person bails or suicides within a timer then then the person with the last hit gets full kill credit then what exactly changed to be unfair? It's the same idea as if the person was killed legitimately. It shouldn't matter if the person initially bailed, suicided, logged off or not. It's the fact that it happened.. so they effectively died.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-07-02 at 09:45 AM.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

So would this also take care of the kamikaze C4 engineer/light assaults taking an ESF flying head long into sunderers and jumping out then finishing them off with a stick of C4? Also, would the ejector actually die or just have a death on the stats? I guess as long as the sunderer has AA or a max is nearby to damage the ESF enough, it should help against this if the ejector actually dies.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Blynd
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Atomicsys View Post
he dont use logoff mechanic.
If daddy doesn't abuse the log off mechanic then buzzcutphyco is a budist monk
Old 2013-07-02, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
PredatorFour
Major

If he doesn't log out then my eyes are lying to me.... aswell as other people's eyes in my outfit and ingame.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
If daddy doesn't abuse the log off mechanic then buzzcutpsycho is a buddhist monk
True forever.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
Who is Daddy? Some bailure on Miller? Wondered how he kept K/D so high.
All servers rank no2 for kills, soon to be number 1 now that Buzz has quit, he is an infamous lolpodder that hits log-off the moment his ESF takes any significant damage, he will probably switch to low flying and Light assault bailing now.

Old 2013-07-02, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Tamyrlin
Private

How will this affect friendly fire and real suicides? Is it only falldamage or will somebody "kill" me if i blow myself up with c4?
Old 2013-07-02, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
All servers rank no2 for kills, soon to be number 1 now that Buzz has quit, he is an infamous lolpodder that hits log-off the moment his ESF takes any significant damage, he will probably switch to low flying and Light assault bailing now.
Well that's pretty pathetic. Yeah I guess next thing will be to limit LA's from being pilots
Old 2013-07-02, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
phungus
Master Sergeant

Because of this change I will spend some money come the ESF update. Was essential in my opinion.

XP earning is going to be too high for A2A fighters though, it's already a bit too high I think (or at least I feel like I overearn by about 15% when I roll A2Am - that may be due to A2Am just being OP though).

You guys should consider making the "Air Superiority" bonus a +25 air resources instead of XP. Shoot down 10 ESFs, get one free
Old 2013-07-02, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Chefkoch
Sergeant

It would be easier to remove death tracking at all. This way other stats can shine more and people would actually try to leave the spawns to defend properly....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion