Trayvon Martin - Page 45 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is not quote material.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-17, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #661
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Yeah from what I understand of Florida laws after a 1 minute Google search he probably isn't a pedophile. Just a rapist. So, false alarm guys, let's get some more money to give to him for killing that black kid.

As for it being a false accusation, she came forward in March and yet I'm not seeing any information to discredit her story. Presumably cops look into these things when such claims are made. So what reason would you have to doubt her? That it makes your known liar and child killer look bad? Hey, here's a crazy thought, what if Zimmerman actually is a fucking scumbag?

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-07-17 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #662
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Yeah from what I understand of Florida laws after a 1 minute Google search he probably isn't a pedophile. Just a rapist. So, false alarm guys, let's get some more money to give to him for killing that black kid.

As for it being a false accusation, she came forward in March and yet I'm not seeing any information to discredit her story. Presumably cops look into these things when such claims are made. So what reason would you have to doubt her? That it makes your known liar and child killer look bad? Hey, here's a crazy thought, what if Zimmerman actually is a fucking scumbag?
In fairness, the burden of proof is on the positive claim and everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

This, however, does not mean that people can presume to know he's innocent. The proper stance, really, is one of passive observation. Injecting one's own narrative ("Zimmerman killed Trayvon because he hates black people and also he's a rapist"/"Trayvon was a terrorist and that girl just wants money and fame") is intellectually dishonest.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #663
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Unless I'm mistaken he did no wrong under any law in regards to her. Their ages are too close together.

Old 2012-07-17, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #664
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Unless I'm mistaken he did no wrong under any law in regards to her. Their ages are too close together.
If the sexual contact was unwanted, it's called rape, and that's technically against the law unless things changed when I wasn't looking.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #665
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The woman tearfully recounts incidents she said began when she was 6 and Zimmerman was 8 and she and her sister stayed with Zimmerman and his family.

She said Zimmerman assaulted her numerous times, groping her with his hands, kissing her, fondling her inside her pants and inserting his fingers in her vagina.

"I wanted to make it stop, but I didn't know how," she told investigators. She said she never said anything about the alleged abuse because she was scared.
Yeah, I don't see the big deal either. Zimmerman did nothing wrong. Those six-year-olds are just asking for it anyway, right guys?
Old 2012-07-17, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #666
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Yeah, I don't see the big deal either. Zimmerman did nothing wrong. Those six-year-olds are just asking for it anyway, right guys?
how many 8 year olds do you know that are capable of rape?
Old 2012-07-17, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #667
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
If the sexual contact was unwanted, it's called rape, and that's technically against the law unless things changed when I wasn't looking.
If that is actually what happened. The fact it went on so long suggests it might have been mutual, but then we don't really know what an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old will do together willingly. I suspect she just wants a pay off, and figures that taking advantage of his current status she won't have much difficulty getting it.

Old 2012-07-17, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #668
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

If that is actually what happened. The fact it went on so long suggests it might have been mutual, but then we don't really know what an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old will do together willingly. I suspect she just wants a pay off, and figures that taking advantage of his current status she won't have much difficulty getting it.
You have no evidence at all to suggest that any of those suppositions are accurate. Your injected narrative betrays your bias.

The law requires you and me to assume Zimmerman innocent of wrongdoing until proven guilty, but that is a far cry from inventing stories borne purely of the imagination.

The implication that because the abuse goes on for a long time that the other party is "into it" is a pretty disgusting one. I'm disappointed in you.
Old 2012-07-17, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #669
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

And what evidence is there supporting what she is saying? I'm not taking sides any more than I did over Martin's death. I don't know what he did or didn't do, and I'm not going to say he did or didn't do something. I merely suggest possibilities.

For all we know, she started it.

Old 2012-07-17, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #670
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

And what evidence is there supporting what she is saying? I'm not taking sides any more than I did over Martin's death. I don't know what he did or didn't do, and I'm not going to say he did or didn't do something. I merely suggest possibilities.

For all we know, she started it.
I don't think you realize that what you're saying is victim blaming. You're lapsing into the unfair "she was asking for it" accusation. Again, you're absolutely right that for us to assume Zimmerman is guilty there needs to be evidence presented of that fact. But to suggest that she was 'asking for it' is victim-blaming misogyny.

Part of the reason why something like half of all rapes go unreported, and why most men fail to recognize that 1 in 5 women are raped in their lifetimes, is because we live in a culture that defaults to "she must have been asking for it" as a response to a rape accusation.

Last edited by ItsTheSheppy; 2012-07-17 at 03:02 PM.
Old 2012-07-17, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #671
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Ah, unironic victim blaming and "she was asking for it". What a surprise that the people who think a guy who killed an unarmed black kid should walk are the same people who have no sympathy for rape victims.

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
how many 8 year olds do you know that are capable of rape?
He was doing it over the span of 10 years. So take your pick of an age at which he ought to have known better.
Old 2012-07-17, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #672
ziegler
Master Sergeant

I don't think you realize that what you're saying is victim blaming. You're lapsing into the unfair "she was asking for it" accusation. Again, you're absolutely right that for us to assume Zimmerman is guilty there needs to be evidence presented of that fact. But to suggest that she was 'asking for it' is victim-blaming misogyny.

Part of the reason why something like half of all rapes go unreported, and why most men fail to recognize that 1 in 5 women are rapes in their lifetimes, is because we live in a culture that defaults to "she must have been asking for it" as a response to a rape accusation.
for it to be victim blaming, there would need to be proof of being a victim. Women are not sacrosanct. They are just as evil and vile as men are and just as capable of deceit.

Otherwise, if I say you touched my pee pee in a bathroom stall 10 years ago and I am emotionally scarred from it....you cant say anything about me, because that would be victim bashing.

Again, I point to the Duke Lacrosse Team scandal as a fine example of why you cant just blindly accept the word of the accuser.

And just to be clear, I am not saying it didnt happen, or that it was consentual or forced or anything else, just that the story...doesnt have the ring of truth to it to me.

And it's 1 in 4 have been molested/raped.

Ah, unironic victim blaming and "she was asking for it". What a surprise that the people who think a guy who killed an unarmed black kid should walk are the same people who have no sympathy for rape victims.

He was doing it over the span of 10 years. So take your pick of an age at which he ought to have known better.
I havent said whether I think he should go free or not...but since you ask...my stance is that he isnt guilty of 2nd degree murder. more likely he is guilty of manslaughter. But since the prosecutor is going overboard to appease the race baiters, they will try him for 2nd degree murder and he will be found not guilty. Riots will ensue.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #673
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Part of the reason why something like half of all rapes go unreported, and why most men fail to recognize that 1 in 5 women are raped in their lifetimes, is because we live in a culture that defaults to "she must have been asking for it" as a response to a rape accusation.
You are still assuming both weren't willing.

Old 2012-07-17, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #674
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

You are still assuming both weren't willing.
The handy thing about that post is you quoted my rebuttal to it. So you can just read them, bottom-to-top, over and over forever.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #675
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The difference is, I'm not an automatic believer in the victim.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum