Empire specific buggies - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Avid contributer to world-wide obesity.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-08-17, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Empire specific buggies

Is it just me or do the Marauder and Enforcer look almost the same with only superficial differences? Other than that the Thresher is looking great!

Old 2014-08-18, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Belhade
Sergeant

Re: Empire specific buggies

Originally Posted by Vanir View Post

Is it just me or do the Marauder and Enforcer look almost the same with only superficial differences?
I can't even tell which is supposed to be for which empire...
Old 2014-08-18, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Azzzz
Corporal

1st is NC, 2nd is TR.

On a side note, why not just take the harasser and make it a ESB for one faction, thresher for VS, and add one from the first two above to the last faction.

I don't see why we need harassers and ESB. Kinda the same thing...

Last edited by Azzzz; 2014-08-18 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Ninjas
Old 2014-08-18, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

A thresher. *drool*

That thing got me the vanu ladies back in the day.
WANT!

...allthough it looks a littlebit less "classy" here, not space-pimp-mobile but snowmobile.
Old 2014-08-18, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

TR shoud be a bit more rounded and the NC one more blocky.
Old 2014-08-18, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

As keen as I am to get my hands on a Thresher, I've got to admit I don't really see the point of adding these. What role do they actually fill? How are they going to be differentiated from the Harasser?

Also, I feel a bit sorry for the TR and NC, since the Enforcer and Marauder look... well... a little placeholdery to say the least...

Old 2014-08-18, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
As keen as I am to get my hands on a Thresher, I've got to admit I don't really see the point of adding these. What role do they actually fill? How are they going to be differentiated from the Harasser?

Also, I feel a bit sorry for the TR and NC, since the Enforcer and Marauder look... well... a little placeholdery to say the least...
I think you're right.

I'm looking for a reason to return to the game.

Stuff like this, which is only a minor variation on what is already there, hats, gold coloured guns just won't do it.

I saw there was a session on level design yesterday but no information seems to be available on the forums as yet. Shame cos that is the topic that might hold some interest for me.
Old 2014-08-18, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post

Well with no info given we can only speculate on the roles, looking at PS1 the empire specific buggies were kinda half way between the Harasser and the MBT's, they were slower than the Harasser, (except for the Thresher, but I doubt it would be the same in PS2) they had more armour, and had more fire power than the Harasser. I love empire specific stuff so I am all for these vehicles. I just hope they will go back to the drawing board for the Marauder and Enforcer though...

Old 2014-08-18, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Clearly they felt the spawn rooms weren't being camped enough
Old 2014-08-18, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
Well with no info given we can only speculate on the roles, looking at PS1 the empire specific buggies were kinda half way between the Harasser and the MBT's, they were slower than the Harasser, (except for the Thresher, but I doubt it would be the same in PS2) they had more armour, and had more fire power than the Harasser. I love empire specific stuff so I am all for these vehicles. I just hope they will go back to the drawing board for the Marauder and Enforcer though...
I'd say these buggies in ps1 did exactly fulfill the same role as the rasser in ps2.

Are you not thinking of the deliverer and variants, which were a bit slower, more armour, more guns and passengers and amphibious..
Old 2014-08-18, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
War Barney
Sergeant Major

I hope they aren't wasting time on these when theres still problems with the resource system and a myriad of performance problems. I'd rather have them completely fit hit detection, fix the server side issues (dying around corners never stops being annoying), and generally improve performance.
Old 2014-08-18, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

They really need to make the TR version look different. At least give it thinner wheels and have them not stick out like in the NC version or something. Give it a lower profile.
Old 2014-08-18, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mietz
First Sergeant

The TR one should have 6 wheels, like a mini sunderer.
Old 2014-08-18, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I suppose the Thresher will be just as retarded to fight against as the Mag Rider is.

Old 2014-08-19, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Don't worry, if the Thresher is like a combination of a Harasser and Magrider then it will be far more of a danger to supporting Vanu infantry than the enemy. Expect to see Threshers skidding sideways at high speed through packs of friendly infantry as they try to find just the right vantage point for a spot of PPA spamming...

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion