People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem? - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside just a game?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-07, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?

I'm not in an outfit and i rarely squad. We're all in one big team anyways, so it's not really necessary.
Don't get me wrong, squads and platoons are important for coordination and focused operations. And outfits are something nice for people to have a sort of bonding/group aspect in the game (just like clans/guilds, you name it). But beyond that i don't see them as necessary, not even for "locking" a continent.

People not in outfits are no more or less tactical aware and supporting their team than their outfit comrades.
If EVERYONE would completely disregard the map/territory and just go for the highest possible xp/hour (or even more silly, k/d ratio) then we would have a problem. But that is not the case, infact on miller i saw a bit of an improvement on tr side lately, sometimes the crown does not show "enemy platoons detected" and sometimes it's not even ours. Yay!
Old 2013-03-07, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

I personally feel that playing in an organized outfit with friends is a lot more fun. But that's just me.

I can killwhore by myself just fine, but that wont keep me coming back every night.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2013-03-07, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
I am in no way endorsing the current state of the game, i think it is sick. Hopefully GU04,05,06...etc... will give us strategic map importance, continent locking, further facility benefits and other objective based rewards that endorse objective-based Outfit play.
Social aspects aside, this sums up the root cause of the outfit/pubber friction that occurs, partially exhibited in this thread. In many cases, this boils down to people rationally playing the game that is, conflicting with people who are either preparing for or pretending to play the game that they (rightfully, IMO) want it to be.

Last edited by NotTheMomma; 2013-03-07 at 02:56 PM.
Old 2013-03-07, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
TheMarz
Contributor
Corporal

I prefer playing solo mainly because when I have time to play I want to be able to play and not run around doing "unfun" stuff for me because my time is limited. Than again I refuse to fill out an application to join any outfit, let alone have an interview. Now I am defiantly not bashing outfits that do this, they have their reasons and the way they operate but for me its just not fun.

What I do enjoy is running around with a couple of friends destroying people, everyone likes their own thing, outfits or not the point of the game is to have fun.
Old 2013-03-07, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Temple
Private

Ahoy all,
I created that thread to get a look into the mind of the "Non outfit player" and those that are against it.
Simply so Outfit leaders can listen "to the people" and deliver what a large portion of the player base is looking for (if they're not getting/offering it already)

It's not a non outfit player bash, nor is it a reason to stomp on others play styles.

There is a lot to be heard if you ask the question and listen to the response, many outfits could benefit from doing a bit more listening and a bit less talking.

That being said, some people are just not into outfits, and some outfits are not into certain people - horses for courses.

Temple
Old 2013-03-07, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Belhade
Sergeant

I already belong to a community (TG) that has a well-developed Outfit. I've been in TG for years, in one of the in-house squads, and love playing with them. Great bunch of guys. But these days I don't get to play much, and in the timeframe I do they're usually not around. I haven't even managed to get an Outfit invite. But that doesn't mean I lonewolf. I'll hit up a hotspot and fight alongside whomever's there, or join an existing squad/platoon and play with them. I don't see myself as being a detriment to the team, unless I'm inebriated and do something particularly stupid - but that'll happen even if I'm Outfitted, moreso when I'm with my buddies!
Old 2013-03-09, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
I would like to, but they all play on Indar. All the time.
Esamir fo life.
Do you know or are you IRISHGUNNER?
Old 2013-03-10, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Temple View Post

It's not a non outfit player bash, nor is it a reason to stomp on others play styles.

There is a lot to be heard if you ask the question and listen to the response, many outfits could benefit from doing a bit more listening and a bit less talking.

That being said, some people are just not into outfits, and some outfits are not into certain people - horses for courses.
Hi Temple,
Agreed, and I didn't find that your original reddit thread appeared to bash either outfit or non-outfit players. I think the occasional hostility here is directed against my OP on this forum, which was a clumsy attempt at trying to expand the discussion without being very clear about what I meant .

Sonny
Old 2013-03-10, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by NotTheMomma View Post
Social aspects aside, this sums up the root cause of the outfit/pubber friction that occurs, partially exhibited in this thread. In many cases, this boils down to people rationally playing the game that is, conflicting with people who are either preparing for or pretending to play the game that they (rightfully, IMO) want it to be.
Outstanding post.
Old 2013-03-11, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

Im sure in many cases is more constructive to run solo than with one of the multitude of baddie outfits in this game .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion