Cert Changes - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Am I in heaven?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-15, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Cert Changes

I play to have fun. I could probably play PS2 at BR1 with the base certs for a year without getting bored. That's why F2P doesn't bother me one bit; the grind doesn't matter to me when I can stay entertained. Having new toys to play with will be fun but I'll take them when I get them.

Either way I'll probably pick up the Alpha Squad pack soon; I'd like to support the game.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-09-15, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
There should be a character wipe next patch:

PlanetSide 2 Developer Roundtable September 2012 - YouTube

Go to 1h 42m and he starts talking about the next character wipe.
Ah thanks, ya i guess i forgot what he said about that.
Old 2012-09-15, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Auraxium is what buys new weapons, you'll either get that by playing or using station cash - its how PS2 is going to make money, so I don't see a problem with that. If you play a lot, you get stuff for free, if you want stuff quicker, you pay a little. Most people will probably do a little of both.

Certs are what tweak what you can do into slightly better or more versatile roles - explosives, or a scope on your gun etc. You can play for 5 years and still be killed by someone has created their account with no certs. Nothing wrong with that. Someone with more certs isn't immune to dying to people without.
Dude you need to stop making sense now!!!! we will have none of that here...lol
Old 2012-09-15, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
I play to have fun. I could probably play PS2 at BR1 with the base certs for a year without getting bored. That's why F2P doesn't bother me one bit; the grind doesn't matter to me when I can stay entertained. Having new toys to play with will be fun but I'll take them when I get them.

Either way I'll probably pick up the Alpha Squad pack soon; I'd like to support the game.
sorry for double post but meh,

Electro why would you pick up Alpha squad? Your account is already a vet account so...
Old 2012-09-15, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Raka Maru
Major

Sad to discover this, as I don't have much time to play daily.

Sooo... Offline cert gain is cut, but if you buy an implant, it is real time. This is why I would never buy a 24 hr implant. I'd end up using 2-3 hours tops and have to go back to RL for a while and my implant is gone.

Something is off here and someone needs to adjust this system.
Old 2012-09-15, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
shamE
Private

This is a terrible system to earn certs.
Old 2012-09-15, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Sad to discover this, as I don't have much time to play daily.

Sooo... Offline cert gain is cut, but if you buy an implant, it is real time. This is why I would never buy a 24 hr implant. I'd end up using 2-3 hours tops and have to go back to RL for a while and my implant is gone.

Something is off here and someone needs to adjust this system.
Yeah, I did notice that I hadn't gained enough to unlock the IR scopes for my Basilisk logging on the other day...

Glad that I didn't set my Modular Equipment unlock prices too high, and that I have a new idea to keep bases better manned which should help a bit.
Old 2012-09-16, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ParisTeta
Sergeant

There is alaway an implantation of rested XP, allow double XP gain for a certain depending how long you spend offline, which to use you have to play. Easy to fix that "real life syndrome" but well 1000 XP is much for me at least and you get just one Cert points. Well we see what the new cost will be, i don`t like the sound of it but well it`s beta and easy changed.
Old 2012-09-16, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
HellsPanda
Corporal

SFjake, you do realise they will be doing a subscription model aswell right?
Old 2012-09-16, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
SFJake
Sergeant

Originally Posted by HellsPanda View Post
SFjake, you do realise they will be doing a subscription model aswell right?
No, I don't, I've read nothing about that nor do I know anything about the benefits. If subscription made the grinding go away completely I'd happily pay.

But where have they said they would offer anything beyond boosters and the likes as your "subscription"? Which I have zero interest in.
Old 2012-09-16, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
HellsPanda
Corporal

Well T-Ray mentioned it on Himvsher's stream yesterday, but its not yet been decided what will be in it, but I have a sneaky suspicion the Offline earning of certs will be for subscribers only.
Old 2012-09-16, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Scopedog
Private

Well T-Ray mentioned it on Himvsher's stream yesterday, but its not yet been decided what will be in it, but I have a sneaky suspicion the Offline earning of certs will be for subscribers only.
Yes this is a good estimation, seems very likely. I'm a little split in the matter, on one hand its nice for people with real lifes to be able to gain offline. But on the other hand those people me including can easily afford to pay a subscription for that stuff.

The thing that worries me is what you gain xp for and at what rates, base captures should be worth 1 cert as in 1000xp, and capture points needs to come up also. 100 is to low 200 seams more fair remember we get 100 per kill Res people should get a boost as medics can't shoot and Res at the same time and need a incentive for Res instead of killing.

Because peeps will search out the easiest way and spam it, Im looking at you Reaver pilots with A2G IGNORING tanks and going for softies. The A2G needs to be very limited for infantry hunting, you can't lock on to light assaults when they jump with your A2A now can you. This is critical.
Old 2012-09-16, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I really think offline cert accumulation if its done right would be awesome.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Raka Maru
Major

Posted this on official forum:
----
Casual gamer perspective here...

XP translates to certs. Check
Certs are needed to unlock stuff. Check
XP boosters available in store. Check
XP boosters last only 24 hrs real time. Check
Workdays I can only play 1-2 hrs if nothing else is going on. Check

As a result, I will not waste my Araxium or real money on XP boosters because I will only get less than 10% of their worth. Translation, I will never buy these 24 hour boosters to get XP that will be used to get certs until they convert this to gaming time rather than real time. This mechanism is broken for casuals like myself.

The system is (supposedly) designed to allow you to trade your money for time, whichever you are more inclined to part with, except it is broken as I explained above.

Offline cert gain was good for me, I don't mind missing out on unearned XP if I wasn't actually playing, didn't mind paying a subscription fee, did that for years in PS1 and many other games when I had a lot of time, in between jobs, and could play for long stretches. FTP was good, because I could continue to play my favorite games, even if I was really really busy and could only play a few days a month. Didn't like subscription games and had to cancel when my schedule became busy.

In other games where there was a huge gap between noobs and hardcore (18 hrs/day) gamers I could offset this by buying gold online to get the things I wanted. In SOE's system, I would not even want to do that by purchasing XP boosts because of my reasons above (real and game time issue).

Now, since XP only translates to certs, and certs are needed to customize your basic character, there is really no way of getting my character customized to my play style except to grind. This is no longer fun.

Did I intend to spend lots of money in this game. Yes, I have over 27k of station cash waiting just for PS2 to open. Will I be putting any more in? That is iffy, because as I said, the XP boosters are broken as I found out. Will I subscribe? Probably not, because there are some months, I would only be able to play for a day or so.

Please SOE, reconsider the offline casual gamer cert gains, brainstorm how to fix them because I love this game and don't want this to fail. You're slowly losing the casuals.
Old 2012-09-16, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

On the ingame Store screen, the second button from the top is titled "Membership", but it currently only shows a "Coming Soon" msg when clicked.

I'm very interested to see what that subscription will buy:
  • Server logon priority ?
  • Offline AUX or cert point earning ?
  • Base allowance of Station Cash per month ?
  • Store purchase discounts ?
  • Access to "rested" XP gain ?

If "PS2 Membership" gives attractive bonuses, I wouldn't hesitate to sign up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion