News: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People beta test a MS product every time they boot windows.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-24, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Crator
Major General

Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Others have interviewed the DEVs before, besides Hamma. There's a post about it with a link to the vid somewhere on these forums. Hamma is not just a fan though, he's a spokesperson for SOE. And there isn't just one type of fan for Planetside.
Old 2012-10-24, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Is Hamma a volunteer spokesman? Like a volunteer firefighter? He rushes to the
rescue of SOE straight into the fire. So that is why Higby calls him hero Hamma.
Yeah, about your opinion:

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Well that's good then. Cause I'm a fucking idiot.
Old 2012-10-24, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
Hamma, it's clear you're either trying to get a job at SOE, or you just are afraid to ask really tough questions. I would for once love an interviewer ask tough questions, and not ask cliche predictable questions every time.
Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
This...
Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
Well I have news for you, Hamma - he's done a great job sticking around in the PS community for a long time, I applaud him for that. With that said, he is a fan boy and would never ever dare to say anything scathing or critical about the game. His questions to higby are predictable, and don't challenge the real problems of Planetside 2. Essentially SOE is in his back pocket, this is never going to change.

It's clear you are both ignorant and don't realize this is a fan website and the questions were submitted by fans.

Let me make it clear one more time.. The questions were submitted on this forum by THIS community.

I'm not a bitter veteran pissed off they didn't release PlanetSide 1 in a new skin and I'd love it if those of you who are just stopped posting.

I also don't work for SOE and don't want a job with them. I give frank often negative feedback directly quite a bit actually. I am a representative of the community, my role? To represent the community and ask the questions they want asked. At this point bitter angry veterans are not representative of the community and are going to be left behind faster than you can say "PlanetSide 2"

I'd much rather put my focus on bringing new players into this awesome community and game than being ostracized by the vocal minority because I didn't represent their questions or ask where "Player Inventories" or "Sanctuaries" are.

Are there problems with this game? Yes. Are they going to result in the failure of the game? No. The game is not done when it's released.. in fact it will never be done.

If you want to ask the "Hard Questions" feel free to Tweet @mhigby

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-10-24 at 11:04 PM.
Old 2012-10-25, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
But... but... I can't seem to cram my question into 140 characters and have it be useful.

PS. I hope you're not lumping me in with the bitter vets. I actually like BFRs and PS2 (even though it plays like royal ass on my computer).
Old 2012-10-25, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Hamma when Higs said no sanctuaries, it sounded like you said "crap". I guess now you didn't say that

Old 2012-10-25, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

It's clear you are both ignorant and don't realize this is a fan website and the questions were submitted by fans.

Let me make it clear one more time.. The questions were submitted on this forum by THIS community.

I'm not a bitter veteran pissed off they didn't release PlanetSide 1 in a new skin and I'd love it if those of you who are just stopped posting.

I also don't work for SOE and don't want a job with them. I give frank often negative feedback directly quite a bit actually. I am a representative of the community, my role? To represent the community and ask the questions they want asked. At this point bitter angry veterans are not representative of the community and are going to be left behind faster than you can say "PlanetSide 2"

I'd much rather put my focus on bringing new players into this awesome community and game than being ostracized by the vocal minority because I didn't represent their questions or ask where "Player Inventories" or "Sanctuaries" are.

Are there problems with this game? Yes. Are they going to result in the failure of the game? No. The game is not done when it's released.. in fact it will never be done.

Not to butt in here but wasn't it all "those" players who were supporters of Planetside-universe up until the day you flipped it to Planetside 2 central? I wouldn't just shrug them off. People loved Planetside 1, you cannot fault them for taking the opportunity to voice their opinons on a forum (set up by you btw) And don't just throw them under the bus because the prettier girl decided to sit down next to you on the bus to school.

Planetside 2 for me is a beautiful game. It's got alot going for it. I just hope the aim is to create a game that makes new and old players happy. Not just another HaloBattlefieldModernCallofduty shooter that seems to get pumped out every 3 months.

Right now as it stands, Planetside 2, while beautiful, has half the strategic game play of even Tribes 1 from 1998.

I'm not a bitter vet, infact have been trying to play the game and get to know it. But, I really want to crave playing this game like I did with Planetside 1 back in 2003-2011. And right now, I don't. Who knows, after launch maybe I'll get the stuff that appeals to me more.

Last edited by LONGFELLA KOJ; 2012-10-25 at 02:10 AM.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LONGFELLA KOJ View Post
Not to butt in here but wasn't it all "those" players who were supporters of Planetside-universe up until the day you flipped it to Planetside 2 central? I wouldn't just shrug them off. People loved Planetside 1, you cannot fault them for taking the opportunity to voice their opinons on a forum (set up by you btw) And don't just throw them under the bus because the prettier girl decided to sit down next to you on the bus to school.

Planetside 2 for me is a beautiful game. It's got alot going for it. I just hope the aim is to create a game that makes new and old players happy. Not just another HaloBattlefieldModernCallofduty shooter that seems to get pumped out every 3 months.

Right now as it stands, Planetside 2, while beautiful, has half the strategic game play of even Tribes 1 from 1998.

I'm not a bitter vet, infact have been trying to play the game and get to know it. But, I really want to crave playing this game like I did with Planetside 1 back in 2003-2011. And right now, I don't. Who knows, after launch maybe I'll get the stuff that appeals to me more.
then dont butt in xddd
Old 2012-10-25, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
texico
Master Sergeant

Lol, I can't shake the impression with Higby that he's a smart guy. Being tired and letting the charisma drop, it was even more obvious.

Last edited by texico; 2012-10-25 at 04:03 AM.
Old 2012-10-25, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by LONGFELLA KOJ View Post

This X 10. You cannot just shrug off what made Planertside 1 a special game. It's very simple actually, Planetside 2 will fail to capture the crowd it intends to capture. It is a failure on so many levels it's not even remotely funny.
Old 2012-10-25, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by texico View Post
Lol, I can't shake the impression with Higby that he's a smart guy. Being tired and letting the charisma drop, it was even more obvious.
What do you mean by this>?
Old 2012-10-25, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm not shrugging anyone off or lumping anyone in particular in and I know who my supporters are and have been. But I am tired of the constant railing on the same issues over and over again that will never be in the game. I am not shrugging ANYTHING off but I am a realist, I know what PlanetSide 2 is and is meant to be. It has to appeal to the masses and not just PlanetSide Veterans. PlanetSide 1 was not a success for SOE they aren't repeating it design for design.

They have tons of plans of things to add, meta game being one of the big ones. So corral those horses is all I'm saying, I am not going to be the representative of the community who rails into Matt or Smed everytime you guys don't like something.

And in fact I never have been that guy.. why would I start now? I don't get involved in those because I know how much sway I have with the community. I'd rather take a back seat and facilitate the arguments and debates than participate.

It's mildly offensive when someone tries to tell me I am not doing what I set out to do.

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-10-25 at 08:15 AM.
Old 2012-10-25, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Crator
Major General

I know what PlanetSide 2 is and is meant to be.
I confuse by that statement. It's a MMOFPS right?
Old 2012-10-25, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nope an MMORPG.

Old 2012-10-25, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Rolfski
Major

Angry PS1 vets should take a better notice at this video because at the 8:45 mark, Higby pretty much explains why this game cannot be a PS1 remake: PS1 mechanics like a lattice system just wouldn't work with the amount of players PS2 is going after.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

How would he know, they never tried it. Hex was in, and going to be IT from day one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion