Planetside 2 Benchmarks? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the most interesting website in the world.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-17, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Spuds
Private

Planetside 2 Benchmarks?

I was thinking about buying a new video card on blackfriday and I've been waiting to find some kind of benchmark for this game. I mainly play battle field 3 right now, and I've heard that this game is optimized for Nvidia cards and the physx. I kinda wrote it off at first but when I saw what a difference it made in borderlands 2 I'm curious which card would play this game better. Anyone have any ideas? Its only 2 days away from launch.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ritual
Banned

Re: Planetside 2 Benchmarks?

I recently purchased a video card so I spent quite a bit of time surveying players on what kind of cards they were using and what performance they were seeing.

The gist of it is that

GTX 690's probably get you 85-120FPS average on High Settings.
GTX 680's probably get you 70-100FPS average on High Settings.
GTX 670's probably get you 65-85FPS average on High Settings.
GTX 660Ti's probably get you 55-75FPS average on High Settings.
GTX 660's probably get you 45-65FPS average on High Settings.

All of this would be for a normal 1080p single monitor.

But it is also heavily dependant on your CPU. If you have a good CPU then you will probably see the numbers above.

In some situations even a 1000$ 690 might be getting 45 FPS in super large battle because of the game still having issues in certain situations that they havent ironed out yet.

That is just a rough estimate from the numbers I believed when I asked people. Some people will say you get 120FPS with a 660TI but that is in small scale combat without alot of people around. So these numbers above are what I gathered about large battles, or at least a typical battle. And not just sitting around in the warpgate.

Hopefully these numbers will continue to rise as optimizations are made and/or drivers improved.

I only listed Nvidia cards because those are the cards with PhysX, which Planetside 2 will support. By using PhysX you will get a bunch more eye candy and special effects.

I ended up purchasing an overclocked 660TI because they perform similiar to how a 670 would and for 100$ cheaper. I plan to get another and use them in SLI a few months down the road. I have an i7 3770K CPU with a Z77 Sabertooth motherboard, 2133mhz RAM, and an SSD hard drive.

Last edited by Ritual; 2012-11-17 at 11:02 PM.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

oddly enough i have no issues running this on max with a 3930k and 2 7970s.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-11-17, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BigpermCML
Private

I had no issues with a 7970 as well.

But yar, no PhysX with the ati card. Thinking about grabbing a 680 myself since Black Friday is around the corner

Last edited by BigpermCML; 2012-11-17 at 10:31 PM.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Knocky
Major

My 2500k and 460GTX run it just fine, thank you.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
I
GTX 670's probably get you 65-85FPS average on High Settings.

Try 40 fps... not 60, even in sanc.

And turning down the graphics doesn't help...

Last edited by Bags; 2012-11-17 at 11:13 PM.
Old 2012-11-17, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Spuds
Private

Right now I have a 560 TI and a 2600k running at 4.2Ghz and Im running 1920x1200 res. I know the 1 gig on the 560 Ti is its biggest downfall for the resolution I play at. I already have someone willing to buy it from me so now Im just hunting for a card. The three that caught my eye were the 660 Ti, 670 and the 7950. What I like about the 7950 is the fact it comes with 3 gigs of memory, but I really don't think Ill ever make full use of it unless I xfire or play at a higher resolution.

this is the one I'm looking at right now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127696

I think its 254 after rebate. I really hate rebates. If they give you the rebate it takes forever and its only a good deal if they decide to send me the rebate. Otherwise the 7950 is pretty much the same price without the rebate and from what I see in the benchmarks its faster has 3 gigs of memory and comes with three games.
Old 2012-11-17, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Spuds
Private

a comparison of a 670 and a 7950W/boost. I'm guessing the overclocked edition?

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/645?vs=598
Old 2012-11-18, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I am running an EVGA GTX560ti, with an unlocked i7 and get really decent results. Full settings and no lag. I'll have to check my average FPS, highs and lows.
Old 2012-11-18, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Try 40 fps... not 60, even in sanc.

And turning down the graphics doesn't help...
This is really depending on you cpu.

High Settings
I run a 670 and have 43FPS lowest in big battles, on the Warpgate its around 80FPS.

Openfield or inside a building with no one around over hundred (3570k).[Even with Vsync, what seems to be broken ingame]Should be arround 60Hz,..

Low Settings
670 = AMD 1100T in big battles or more busy areas 25 FPS lowest, at the warpgate or empty open Field around 60 FPS

I bought a new pc rig because SOe Forced me to do so, because i want to play Smooth
Old 2012-11-18, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rago View Post
This is really depending on you cpu.

High Settings
I run a 670 and have 43FPS lowest in big battles, on the Warpgate its around 80FPS.

Openfield or inside a building with no one around over hundred (3570k).[Even with Vsync, what seems to be broken ingame]Should be arround 60Hz,..

Low Settings
670 = AMD 1100T in big battles or more busy areas 25 FPS lowest, at the warpgate or empty open Field around 60 FPS

I bought a new pc rig because SOe Forced me to do so, because i want to play Smooth
I got a 2500k. Shit performance for my rig. Doesn't improve with lower gfx.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

2500k and a 6970, I'm pretty happy with the results and I run everything on average at medium, full screen windowed.
With release I will probably crank up the crossfire on full screen to see if there is any improvement yet.
If not I'll just drop back to what's worked in the past and wait for some good news.
Old 2012-11-18, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

I have i7 2600k and GTX560Ti 1 Gig.

I run on high (can't remember what resolution)

I get over 100 fps when no one is around (GPU bound)
In big fights I get 30-40 (CPU bound)

If noticed in a Bio Lab if I enter a portal at (say) the South outpost to recontruct into the dome it happens immediately. If in the dome I go to the other teleporter room and decontruct to the Northern outpost I get a loadinscreen before I rematerialise.

This has to do, no doubt with my card only having 1 Gb and the game is loading up new textures. It's not actually a problem as it only takes seconds but interesting none the less I thought.
Old 2012-11-18, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
blbeta
Corporal

I have a i5-2400 & 8GB RAM. I had a GTX260 core 216 896MB ram and away from buildings I would get 50+FPS on medium @ 1680x1050.

I upgraded to a GTX 660 and was able to kick everything up to high. It is rare that I drop below 35 fps from what I have noticed. I am pretty steady from 45-60 FPS, although I have adaptive Vsync on so it won't go above 60.

It seems it has already dropped $15 in the past week. I spent $229 on it from newegg, but compusa and tigerdirect have it cheaper now.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-vi...rd-02gp42662kr

Last edited by blbeta; 2012-11-18 at 05:15 AM.
Old 2012-11-18, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post

This has to do, no doubt with my card only having 1 Gb and the game is loading up new textures. It's not actually a problem as it only takes seconds but interesting none the less I thought.
Would not be sure on this my VGA card holds 2Gib of Ram and i also know this thing happens from Time to Time.

It´s the Game itself, which has to load stuff imho.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion