TR daytime players - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fastest delivery around, wait thats UPS
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)

Old 2013-05-24, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sunrock
Major

TR daytime players

Way are a majority of daytime TR players a bunch of idiots? For an example today on Indar we where capping a base. We where 6-8 that was holding in 4-5 NC player in the spawn room. All of a sudden when it's 2 min left TR players decide to leave the base. What do you think happened? Of course the NC players notice this and charge out and recapture the base. Leave the 3 of us that was left cover A B and C by our own.

This is not the only stupid example. Yesterday when trying to capture Mao during the day time we had around a platoon present Vs a platoon there but no one dared to move closer to the building then 100m even though the defense had huge gaps in it. They just stood there trying to farm cert from what it looked like. But failing miserable because after a while NC just pulled MBT and harassers and rolled over every one.

This game is almost unplayable before 6pm when decent players log in on the TR side. Learn to play day time noobs.
Old 2013-05-24, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rolfski
Major

Re: TR daytime players

TR can be pretty brain-dead for sure during low traffic hours. At least they generally show some sense during prime time, when the outfits log in and TRAM ops often are in place. Something that cannot always been said of the NC who imo is generally the most clueless faction on Miller.
Old 2013-05-25, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

No idea, I spent a good part of the day getting my shit pushed in at/around Dahaka/Coramed.
Surprised it was like that though, NC pop was tiny on Indar from what I saw. Even lower than ours.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-25, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Sadly it's not always possible to understand the train of thought of random players.
My guess would be that during those hours of the day, players don't really care much about anything except having fun and getting xp in as easy a fashion as possible.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-04, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
huller
Private

the VS and NC keep complaining about how thee fourth faction is flowing into the TR, as far as I am concerned, they can bloody well keep them. BR 10's looking at me for ten seconds before shooting me in the face. RAEG!
Old 2013-06-06, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
"care much about anything except having fun"
This might be a bit off topic but... I just hate the comment or argument about only having fun. First of all saying that you only want to have fun in a game is like saying all I want out of life is to be able to bread. It's a given. But we want more then just to be able to bread do we not? Same in game we want more then "just to have fun". Also we all define fun in a game differently. So saying all I want is to have fun is to say nothing if you do not define what is fun for you.
Old 2013-06-06, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

For me, fun in Planetside 2 is fighting to re-secure a facility we already own, be it a tower, base, whatever, don't care.. against overwhelming odds.

It's even more fun when the outfit trying to take that "structure" is a known one, and by known I mean considered one of the good ones.

One must also take enemy facilities in order to progress, which is a given, but joy does come from securing ones own bases.

-----------

In essence, you have to have some sort of faction loyalty in order to do this, which is why I don't understand how people can be one faction one time, then swap to play another faction "if they're losing", makes no sense to me.

I will never understand 4th faction players
Old 2013-06-08, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
In essence, you have to have some sort of faction loyalty in order to do this, which is why I don't understand how people can be one faction one time, then swap to play another faction "if they're losing", makes no sense to me.

I will never understand 4th faction players
The whole game is meaningless in a way unless you are facing the same opponents. Stable opposition means you can actually progress.

You can only measure success or failure against previous performance - which in essence means overcoming the enemy that yesterday claimed victory.

Otherwise it's just a cert grind, fps kill fest.
Which gets boring fast.

It's a free MMO. So if you're not paying you are content for those of us that are. (You can pay with cash or time).

If you're jumping factions and logging in for 30 mins a day then you'll never experience the other half of the game.
Old 2013-06-08, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

All I want is some Jam and Breed .
Old 2013-06-08, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Funny....from the NC perspective its frustrating to play alerts during daytime becouse TR almost always have 40% to 50% on the continnt resulting in them rolling over the other 2 factions with sheer numbers.
Old 2013-06-09, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Maarvy View Post
All I want is some Jam and Breed .
Lol, combination of kings.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Funny....from the NC perspective its frustrating to play alerts during daytime becouse TR almost always have 40% to 50% on the continnt resulting in them rolling over the other 2 factions with sheer numbers.
You should see the warpgates during those times, they're full of farmers.
Old 2013-06-11, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Eggy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
You should see the warpgates during those times, they're full of farmers.
Yes, and tbh when you also factor in the fact that some of the NC/VS that are online decide to do mass outfit ghost cap zergs on the non alert conts, it can get pretty boring for everyone.
I play as TR on Miller and Ive logged twice today due to being bored.
Sat a a base surouned by TR effectively ghost capping en-mass, or hopelessy outnumbered trying to defend and being farmed.
Old 2013-06-11, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

TBH, That's where (I personally think) outfit's come into play. Force fights where the zerg isn't. Sometimes it doesn't work (and there's footage on youtube of my outfit ghost capping because nobody from the opposing faction showed up (Mostly my fault)) and you end up looking like an idiot that brought a platoon to an empty base but when it does it can break up the huge 'zerg' vs zerg fighting.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-06-16, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Your faction should organize better. Every time I see VS/NC beating up TR during alerts, it's the VS (under-popped by everybody) ending above NC, many times winning it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)