News: AGN Community Night December 17th - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimpin' Up Your Side Of The Planet
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]

Old 2011-12-14, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: AGN Community Night December 17th

CANT WAIT FOR THE AGN!!!
Old 2011-12-14, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
LongBow
Sergeant

Ah, I understand. I wouldn't fear,
the current design is that you can only have characters on one faction per server, entire outfits are unlikely to "hot swap" between 'shards' (servers).

Especially given that if an outfit is always switching to the winning side then because each shard is different you could be loosing on both sides.

but importantly also because this requires new characters and characters require played time to level up.

will an outfit do it? sure, its the internet someone will play a pacifist ... but I think we can be confident we don't need to prevent faction swapping.

But importantly, are guild "achievements" and/or titles cool; and should PS2 have them? Yes and yes!
Old 2011-12-14, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Hyncharas, you probably didn't directly mention this but this is what I got out of your large post.

Underground rivers that go under bases and allow for assaults via underwater transports.

The thought of such makes me giddy. I'm also in favor of any vehicle that requires a large crew to man whether it be ship, plane, or tank. Domination through teamwork.

As for Veteran bonuses, I'd like to see an attachment to your name similar to the -J system as that way I don't need to pick between wearing an awesome helmet or the hat that shows I'm an old crotchety know-it-all.
Old 2011-12-14, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sadly Higby confirmed he won't be on AGN this month - but we have plenty to discuss regardless!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-12-14, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Ah well, 2 bad.

At least we wont derail then, and maybe actually get to the veteran reward topic. After all, thats on the list for 2 month now.
Old 2011-12-14, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Hamma
PSU Admin

And it's first on the list this time

Old 2011-12-15, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Im really liking the topics this week, but also I think ill be missing this AGN, the girlfriend will be at mine SAT night

Veteran Bonuses (should they have them?)
VS MAX Changes (jump jet removal)
Bringing new members to the community
Naval Combat (good idea, bad idea?)
Round Table (open discussion)

Not to sure on the Naval combat. I suppose it could be done with a ship on rails. Acting as a base tower or something. Anyway we have the Mag, Ahoy ship mates!!

Old 2011-12-15, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
LongBow
Sergeant

well my veiws on naval combat are above, but as a topic I think its important to get ships discussed and get a good spread of comunity veiws. Clearly its an area multiple players are looking for and maybe sharing some ideas could lead to some consistancy in requests.
Old 2011-12-15, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Graywolves
General

My friends invited me to a party but I was like.

I have a duty to represent my fellow Terrans and to stand up and speak on behalf of all of us while we are too busy preparing ourselves to fight for the reunification of us all on Auraxis!

Once! One time I have been negligent on my word and duties and NEVER AGAIN shall this occur!
Old 2011-12-15, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
Once! One time I have been negligent on my word and duties and NEVER AGAIN shall this occur![/COLOR]
I'm assuming you missed last month's AGN, it looks that way from your dialogue. lol

Anyways - many of you know that I have been pushing for Vetran Acknowledgement (<--- feel free to necro that). Depending on my availability for Saturday night I should be able to be there with y'all on IRC... BUT if something comes up and I'm not there, I would like a serious discussion over the acknowledgement being unique armor pieces, more specifically: Capes.

I know the negative connotations that people have posted about it, but I feel if the Dev's are smart they'd give us Vets an option to pick what we would like (from a list of items) upon login. I.e. Choose one of the following Veteran Acknowledgement items - Chest-guard, Shoulderpads, Cape, Helmet, Camo pattern, or CR5 Backpack (someone elses idea... an AMAZING idea). I feel something like that would be cool and everyone wins.
Old 2011-12-16, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
EVILoHOMER
Major

WTF?
Old 2011-12-16, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Sadly Higby confirmed he won't be on AGN this month - but we have plenty to discuss regardless!
Have we heard anything from anyone else on the team, or has our look at the ingame demo shot down that idea for the time being?

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post

WTF?
Being a MAX myself I think a more constructive approach (if the studio don't want it completely removed) to restrict the functionality of flight capability for the VS to only the AA-variant, and then provide it for its counterparts among the other empires as well. The reason for this is some of the most dangerous units in the first game were actually aircraft; particularly groups of Reavers.

However, if all AA MAXs had the same ability to scale the high points of a base with a couple of medium-range jumps, which recharge after a few minutes, that would be the most reasonable option.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2011-12-16 at 01:32 PM.
Old 2011-12-16, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hamma
PSU Admin

Jump jets on MAX's were confirmed removed.

I don't foresee any SOE presence this month. It's an odd month and probably slow for even the team. Higby will be watching though he said

Old 2011-12-16, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Jump jets on MAX's were confirmed removed.

I don't foresee any SOE presence this month. It's an odd month and probably slow for even the team. Higby will be watching though he said
He should come in just to chill.
Old 2011-12-17, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post

WTF?

Dont go there!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]